ECW Region, San Jose Subregion, First Round: (2) Ric Flair vs. (31) Carlos Colon

Who wins this match?

• Ric Flair

• Carlos Colon

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the ECW Region, San Jose Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under ECW Rules, meaning anything goes. It will be held at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California.

1744.jpg

flair4.jpg

#2. Ric Flair

Vs.

CarlosColon001.jpg

#31. Carlos Colon

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Carlos Colon is better known to me for his genes than his wrestling. He's not as well traveled as a lot of other older guys in this tournament so it's hard to really tell how good he could have been in a more popular environment.

Even if Carlos was featured more in America I don't think his success would come anywhere close to Flair. One of the greatest wrestlers in the history of the business is no match for the Puerto Rican.

Ric flair wins this

Carlos Colon is huge in Puerto Rico, I believe, but San Jose isn't there. Colon was a beast at home, but I don't think he really did anything outside his island. Flair on the other hand has travelled the world as a world champion and has more in the way of actual achievement than just about everyone in the world. It has to be Flair here.

Flair's beaten Carlos Colon or wrestled the man to a time limit draw on numerous occasions. This match isn't in Puerto Rico, so I give the edge to Flair here simply because he's in a class by himself as far as great wrestlers are concerned. Colon would give Flair a fight, but it won't be enough to fight off the Figure Four Leglock.

Carlos Colon is a perfect example of a guy that would win with home field advantage. Unfortunately for him he doesn’t have the home field advantage here. He is a guy that would come to the tournament representing his territory and look good having a great competitive match before ultimately losing to the legendary Ric Flair.

If this was in Puerto Rico it could be interesting. And given the right crowd there could be potential for an unrecognized title switch. In fact it happened...

Colon beat Flair for title in Puerto Rico in Jan. of '83, and dropped it back to him three days later in a match that may have never happened. Just like the Jack Vanano change in the Dominican that month or the Victor Jovica title change in Trinidad the following month, these switches happened so that the talent could escape the building alive, but aren't recognized by the NWA.

Here in the states Colon's best chance would be to go the time limit, but this is ECW, Flair would get a late thumb to the eye or low blow and either get a role up or apply the figure four forcing the ref to stop the match as Colon passed out refusing to tap.

Carlos Colon is a perfect example of a guy that would win with home field advantage. Unfortunately for him he doesn’t have the home field advantage here. He is a guy that would come to the tournament representing his territory and look good having a great competitive match before ultimately losing to the legendary Ric Flair.

Yh this.

Has this match happened before in this tournament? I've definitely seen the match with Carlos going over Ric Flair in PR before and remember it being associated with here. Maybe was another Carlos Colon match where I was seeing his record Vs the best. Anyway, this isnt Puerto rico and while Ric Flair is generous in handing out wins here and there, he isn't going out of a tournament to crown the greatest of all time in the first round to Carlos Colon on American soil.

Ric Flair goes through after making Carlos look a million bucks again.

Ric Flair goes through after making Carlos look a million bucks again.
You say that as if Carlos wasn't good enough on his own. The man was hardcore enough to go week in and week out against the likes of Bruiser Brody, Abdullah The Butcher, Hercules Ayala and others on a weekly basis. If there's anyone in the world with a more sensitive forehead than Ric Flair's, it's Carlos Colon. He wrestled various greats in his time and to this day would still draw a crowd in to see him wrestle. So while he certainly will lose to Ric Flair, I'm not gonna sit and let people say he's some pushover just because he decided to be a promoter instead of trying to branch out into the U.S.

Here in the states Colon's best chance would be to go the time limit, but this is ECW, Flair would get a late thumb to the eye or low blow and either get a role up or apply the figure four forcing the ref to stop the match as Colon passed out refusing to tap.

For the record, Colon was a big face but certainly not above cheating. A match with Abdullah had Carlos pull out a screw driver and impair The Butchers vision forcing the match to be stopped due to Abby being unable to see or stand. Point being, he was a cunt in disguise. Still is too, but as a promoter.

You say that as if Carlos wasn't good enough on his own. The man was hardcore enough to go week in and week out against the likes of Bruiser Brody, Abdullah The Butcher, Hercules Ayala and others on a weekly basis. If there's anyone in the world with a more sensitive forehead than Ric Flair's, it's Carlos Colon. He wrestled various greats in his time and to this day would still draw a crowd in to see him wrestle. So while he certainly will lose to Ric Flair, I'm not gonna sit and let people say he's some pushover just because he decided to be a promoter instead of trying to branch out into the U.S.

Lol yeah I mean no disrespect to Carlos there. You are mad if you don't think being booked strongly in America against Ric Flair would put him over a little though, just as the defining moment of his career was temporarily gaining the NWA title previously against Ric in Puerto Rico. Undoubtedly that's what would happen too, Ric Flair always always always allowed his opponents to shine while maintaining his top spot in the sport.

First and foremost Flair should be a 1 seed in this tournament. Now Flair would win this match but it wouldn't be easy seeing how no Flair match is easy and he is facing a great wrestler in Colon. Flair goes over in about 20 minutes on a roll up after getting destroyed for the entire first parts of the match.

Ric Flair is the sort of guy who makes his opponent look like a million bucks before getting the win, and this match would be no exception.

Carlos Colon was a huge star in Puerto Rico, but Flair is an icon across the world, there aint no way the most decorated World Champ in history and one of the best of all time goes out in the first round. Flair with a roll-up after 20 mins of making Colon look a genuine threat.

Winner: Ric Flair

If this bout took place in Puerto Rico, Colon would have a definite advantage. As the owner of World Wrestling Council, he was like several other old school promoters who booked themselves as the top stars of their company. It's easier to be a main eventer and top guy when you own the promotion.

Ric Flair is arguably the greatest pro wrestling World Champion of all time. He's been damn near everywhere, he's wrestled damn near everybody and held damn near every championship worth holding. In the history of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, Flair is easily within the top two or three guys to ever hold the title.

Flair moves on as they're not wrestling in Carlos' company this time around.

Great great match here, but Flair takes it on his home turf. I agree with others that this could be more interesting on Colon's home turf, but the Nature Boy prevails here, and hope to see him go far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back