ECW Region, Mel Subregion, Round 1: (12) Randy Orton vs. (21) Tito Santana

Who Wins This Match?

• Randy Orton

• Tito Santana

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the ECW Region, Melbourne Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under ECW Rules. It will be held at Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia.

300px-Rod_laver_arena_by_night.jpg

randy-orton-pic1.jpg

#12. Randy Orton

Vs.

06.jpg

#21. Tito Santana

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I don't think it's possible for someone like Tito Santana to avoid the RKO. Santana was somewhat speedy but Randy is able to hit that RKO from any position he needs to. Besides, I don't think Tito's forearm finisher is enough to put the Viper down. Tito Santana is undoubtedly one of the better Intercontinental Champions ever and has had his fair share of moments within the WWE, but Randy Orton made it to the top and then some. Granted, Orton's always been overshaddowed by the ever so popular John Cena, but Tito can only dream about having the same amount of success in the wrestling industry like Randy Orton. Orton wins with an RKO.

Randy Orton has grown up in the wrestling business. Its in his blood. This should be a no brainier. Randy Orton will win. He is another case of a guy who has it all.

Size- Check
Strength- Check
Athleticism- Check
Agility- Check
Brains- Check
RKO- Check

All it will take is one well place RKO for Tito to be down and out.

Yes, Tito was a solid wrestler, a guy who could get the crowd going in the first or second match. He's not Randy Orton.

Orton wins, and there isn't any question about it. Oh, and this is an Extreme Rules match. Orton is three times the asshole Tito was, and would absolutely wreck him in this environment. Possibly a punt to seel the deal.

A lot of people know Tito Santana for his seven consecutive WrestleMania losses. Even though Santana did become somewhat of a glorified jobber in the 90s he was a major player in the WWF in the early/mid 80s. With that said he was never the top guy. Orton is a multiple time world champion and has beaten better than Tito. Santana is a better opponent for Bob Orton than Randy. The Viper moves on.

I think Orton has everything over Tito here. Both will be remembered for something, but Orton will be remembered for being a third generation, multi time world champion, top eschelon of his company, big pops and a 'wow' finisher.

Tito will be remembered for being one hell of a midcarder.

Orton with an RKO and a devastating punt.

Tough draw for Mr. Santana. There's no way Randy goes out in this round. It will be interesting to see how his limited extreme rules experience takes him against more experienced hardcore wrestlers, but lucky for him, Tito Santana was not even close to a hardcore wrestler. Tito would get the crowd behind him and play the pure babyface role, but sadly he would not be able to get the upper hand.

Randy by RKO. 15 minutes.

Orton takes this. There's no need to even debate anyone on this. Even if you take Orton's 9 World Championship wins out of the equation, we've seen how ruthless the guy is.

Orton has won hardcore brawls & matches against guys like John Cena, Triple H, Kane & Big Show, so he'll have no problem whatsoever demolishing a career mid-carder like Tito Santana. Tito was a solid wrestler in his day and he could go in the ring but, simply put, he's just not on Orton's level, especially in this sort of environment.

I absolutely love Tito Santana and he's one of my all time favorites, but he's in over his head here. This would be a great match though as Tito was one of the best ever at making the fans buy into his comebacks and timing them just right to have the people eating out of the palm of his hand. At the end though, he'll miss something and Orton will RKO him for the pin. Just too much VIper here.

I once read that Santana was considered for the title when Bret Hart first won it. What a difference that may have made to wrestling, but ultimately he never did make it to the main event. Although I think that Randy Orton is about as charismatic as a house brick, there's no denying that he has had a big career where he has achieved a lot at a much younger age than just about anyone else in the history of wrestling. He would win this match.

While being very strong technically, Randy Orton has a proven mean, vicious streak which he would be able to exploit with this being an ECW rules match. Orton is relentless, sadistic and violent and he has already experienced this sort of match and come out on top against Mick Foley.

Santana isn't that style of wrestler at all, and wouldnt be able to deal with the evil side of Randall. RKO on a chair for the win.

Winner: Randy Orton

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back