ECW Hall of Fame

matt_indiana25

Occasional Pre-Show
I read where Mcmahon was considering offering Sting a spot in the Hall of Fame a few years back before he signed with TNA. And obvioulsy they have be giving Hall of Fame spots to people who worked and founded other wrestling promotions back in the day.

My question is if there is anyone from ECW that deserves Hall of Fame. Foley, Austin and Mysterio I think most people think WWE when they see them rather than ECW. The only people I can think of would be the Dudleys because when you see the Dudleys you still see ECW.

Is RVD a Hall of Famer? Dreamer? Sabu? Taz?

Before Benoit's tragedy I would have seen him as a perfect pick, he honed his craft in Japan and ECW, became a member of the 4 Horsemen in WCW which is prestigous in itself, and broke the glass ceiling at WWE and became a world champion, which is great considering he was seen mostly as a WCW guy and Vince prefers to push his home grown talent.

Dean Malenko is a good pick, as well as being a great technically acute mid card wrestler, he's worked as a road agent and helped to train a few rookies along the years.

RVD held every major title in ECW, and also held the WWE title before he got caught with drugs. He's a great all round athlete whether its a hardcore match or not he has the abilities and charisma to step it up.

I think Dreamer should be an honorary inductee since he's pretty much selflessly helped to build other people and give them a rub all of his career from giving his ECW title shot to Terry Funk, to finally being put over by Raven after an epic feud. He may not have held the ECW title for long in the original ECW, but he certainly was worthy, and had he had the ego of perhaps The Kliq or Hogan he'd have hogged the title. But he saw ECW for what is was and still is, a place to help build the stars of tomorrow, and a place for established stars to give them the rub.

Sandman: The beer drinkin, head smashin, hardcore bad ass he had the most ECW title reigns and has had great success in his career you know a lot of ppl think Steve Austin is the biggest badass in prowrestling well there wrong COZ THE SANDMAN IS!

Sabu: This guy has given his blood sweat and tears for ECW a 3 time world champ (2 ECW and 1 NWA) this genacidal, homicidal, suicidal maniac has had success in practically every division in wrestling wether it b heavyweight or tag team!

R.V.D: Well hes just 'One of a kind'! 2 time world champ (ECW and WWE) and the only man to hold both ECW and WWE title together and he was the Undisputed champion of WWE and ECW!

Dreamer: The very heart and soul of ECW! If he retires the last shovel of dirt filling the grave of ECW will be thrown into the grave and ECW will b dead!

Dudley Boyz: THE 16 TIME WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPS! (the reginal and IWGP title sadly dont count) the msot hardcore and sadistic tag team out there all I gotta say is... BRING OUT THE TABLES!

Terry Funk: Ohh hell yeah this guy is a Hardcore legend he held the NWA world title (when it ment something) FOR NEARLY 500 DAYS!

Mick Foley: BANG BANG! 3 time WWF cahmp current TNA champ 1st EVER WWE hardcore champ! this guys got it all!

OH YEAH!

Shane Douglas: THE LONGEST REIGNING ECW CHAMP!

Raven: No doubt one of the best most hardcore wrestlers! He is the FIRST wrestler to hold major championships in the major promotions (WCW,NWA,ECW,TNA,WWE) in the last 10 years! Hes a 4 time world champ and has the record for most WWE Hardcore championships!

First of all, some of these choices are just stupid...Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Terry Funk, Mick Foley...you all have to be kidding me. Those guys' success has NOTHING to do with ECW, but rather what they accomplished after they left. Terry Funk was a Hall of Famer before ECW was even founded, Benoit had already had a successful Japanese run, and slowly worked his way up the card in both WCW and WWE, Dean Malenko isn't even close to being a Hall of Famer, and Mick Foley was already a major player in WCW before he went to ECW, and then became great in the WWF.

So, those names are out, and anyone who suggests them need to learn a tad bit about wrestling history.

As far as TRUE ECW names that deserve it? There's really only three that I can see having a shot. Rob Van Dam, Taz, and the Dudley Boyz. Personally, I don't think Taz comes close to a Hall of Famer, so forget him. That leaves the many time tag team champions in the Dudleys and Rob Van Dam. As far as actual in-ring quality goes, I don't think either Dudleys or RVD deserve to be in the Hall of Fame, but both are quite accomplished and were very popular and so I wouldn't have a problem with them being in. And, of course, the ringleader himself, Paul Heyman would deserve consideration.

But, that's it. Anyone else from ECW doesn't have a chance to sniff the Hall of Fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back