Ecw 2009

raveng13

Dark Match Winner
On the December 30th episode of ECW on SciFi, Theodore Long made an announcement regarding the future of the WWE brand. The following is the direct quote:

"Since I took over as General Manager of ECW, I have tried many things to keep it as fresh as possible. I initiated talent exchanges with Raw and SmackDown and have even built an ECW talent initiative. However, I've made the New Year's Resolution to make ECW the best brand it could possibly be, and even one day considered on par with SmackDown or Raw and all with only the newest talent signed to WWE's developmental territories as well as underutilized talent from the other brands of WWE. So, with ECW's new direction for 2009, the first episode of ECW which will air on the 6th of January, I will bring to your television sets a very big surprise that will change the face of ECW forever."

The show begins immediately with Theodore Long sitting in his office with a slight grin on his face.

LONG: Ladies and gentlemen, ECw fans and the rest of the wrestling world, I want to kick off ECW's new year with a bang. Tonight, in action, you will see in the main event Matt Hardy defend the ECW Championship against a mystery opponent.

The fans pop.

LONG: So, without further adieux, let's begin the NEW ECW!

We go to the opening video package as "Don't Question My Heart" by Saliva featuring Brent Smith plays. The camera begins to pan the crowd.

Todd Grisham: Thank you everyone for joining us here tonight on ECW on SciFi. I can only wonder what Theodore Long has planned for this evening.

Matt Striker: I know what you mean. The ECW General Manager has made a New Year's Resolution to make ECW even better. Here's the man who brought us the new talent initiative which has already created such stars as Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston. Now what's next?

Tony Chimel: The following is a tag team contest. First, coming to the ring out of Chicago, Illinois. Scotty Goldman (Colt Cabana) and Guy 'Ace' Steel, the Windy City Warriors!

Generic music plays as ECW's new tag team make their way to the ring.

Striker: These two men have known each other a long time, not only as a tag team but as best friends.

Grisham: What a surprise this is, and I'm sure it will be a great matchup to kick things off on ECW.

OH, FLASH, YOU ARE SOOOO FUNKY!

Chimel: And their opponents, at a combined weight of 497 pounds, D'lo Brown and Flash Funk!

Flash Funk comes out wearing a blue body suit with big blue pimp hat. Behind him struts D'lo Brown wearing a similar outfit, only in black and with a pimp cane and a white boa around his neck. They dance their way around the ring, high-fiving the fans before they climb in. Flash takes the mic from Chimel before the ring announcer exits the ring. Steel and Goldman stand in their corner.

Flash Funk: Now I know there is a new talent thing going on in ECW giving these young bucks a break. But, first, D'lo and I need to show these new kids on the block how we kick it...

D'lO Brown: OLD SCHOOL STYLE!

They drop the mic and immediately jump on the ECW newbies.

DING! DING! DING!
WINDY CITY WARRIORS
-VS-
OLD SCHOOL STYLE

D'lo knocks Goldman out of the ring and then goes back to his corner while Flash Funk and Chris Steel begin the match. Funk punches Steel back into Steel's own corner. He nails one right hand, another right hand, does a little boogey woogey dance and goes for a third, but Steel ducks and goes behind Flash. Flash turns to get caught by a dropkick which knocks him out of the ring. Steel acts like he's going to go to the outside, but the ref stops him. Behind the ref's back, Goldman pummels Flash on the outside. D'lo comes into the ring, but the ref goes and pushes him back. With the ref still distracted, Steel goes to the outside. He delivers a backbreaker followed by Goldman who hits an elbow drop. They roll Funk into the ring and Scotty Goldman enters as the legal man now. Goldman does a weird dance before going for the cover.

Ref: 1..2..kickout

Scotty Goldman puts Flash Funk in a headlock.

Striker: You've got to give it to these young guys here on ECW. They're keeping Flash Funk isolated from his partner now. And they realize he's a great wrestler, very quick and very agile for his size, so they're trying to keep him down.

Grisham: Too true. The Windy City Warriors have already double-teamed Flash, put the fresh man in while the other rests and they're grounding Flash and making sure D'lo Brown doesn't come in fresh. The ideal situation for a tag team is to keep one opponent in the whole match while his partner stays on the outside and watches helplessly.

The crowd claps and cheers, rallying behind Flash Funk as he fights back to his feet. He nails some back elbows and gets out of the headlocks.

Grisham: Irish whip, reversed by Goldman. D'lo with the blind tag as Funk ducks a clothesline and hits the ropes.

Missing the clothesline, Goldman turns around to see Flash hit the ropes, grab them and stop his momentum. Funk shimmies a little bit and points behind Goldman. Scotty Goldman turns to eat a heel kick from D'lo Brown.

Grisham: We have to pay some bills. The match continues next.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Goldman and Steel are on the outside. In the ring, Funk gets bounces off the opposite ropes and charges towards the WCW. Goldman and Steel push off eachother hard, sending one another back which creates the space where Flash lands after missing a suicide dive.

Striker: Wow. That's why they call it high-risk moves. But what great agility from Flash Funk.

Grisham: And what greater wherewithall from Windy City Warriors to scout the move and protect themselves.

D'lo climbs out of the ring and sends Goldman into the ring. Brown climbs onto the ring apron and begins to enter between the top and middle rope when Chris Steel grabs him by the outside leg. D'lo nails a right hand sending Steel back.

Grisham: The referee telling Steel to let go of D'lo and get back to his corner.

At that moment, with D'lo still straddling the ropes, Scotty Goldman kicks up at the middle rope sending it into the crotch of Brown. He then hooks a small package.

Ref: 1...2...3

WINNERS: WINDY CITY WARRIORS

As D'lo recovered in the ring, Goldman slides out of the ring and begins to stomp on Flash Funk. Chris Steel joins in while the crowd boos them on.

Grisham: Look at Scotty Goldman doing some kind of funky Elvis dance now. What disrespect by the new guys to these veterans.

I'M THE BOOGEYMAN, AND I'M COMIN' TO GETCHA!

The Boogeyman comes out with a sack full of worms and runs after Goldman and Steel. They slide into the ring escaping Boogeyman but run into a double-clothesline from D'lo Brown. Boogeyman slides into the ring and puts his sack in between the two Warriors. He reaches into his sack with both hands, pulls handfuls of worms and shoves them into the mouths of Goldman and Steel.

Grisham: Boogeyman makes the save for Flash Funk and D'lo Brown.

Striker: I love the tenacity of the two new bloods of ECw, but there's always a price to pay for such actions.

The shot changes to backstage with Tiffany talking to Theodore Long.

Tiffany: That was a great match, Teddy. It looks like your New Year's Wish is coming true.

Long: And the night's not over. Remember that little surprise I told you about?

*knock on door*

Long: Who is it?

Matt hardy bursts into the room.

Hardy: Sorry to interrupt, but being the ECW Champion means everything to me; and I can't properly prepare for my title defense if I don't know who I'm defending against.

Long: But that's my big surprise tonight, and I'm not going to ruin it for anyone, not even my champion. I will, however, give you a few clues. He's taller than you, he's heavier than you, he's stronger than you and...

Hardy: Oh, not Mark Henry again. I've already beat---

Long: And you've never wrestled him before.

Hardy looks puzzled. He glances down at his belt, up at Theodore Long and then exits the room.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The scene is in Theodore Long's office. Armando Estrada says, "thanks for the second chance" as he leaves. Scotty Goldman and Chris Steel walk up past Estrada and into Long's office.

Goldman: Mr. Long, did you see what happened to us tonight?

Long: Yes, and congratulations on your win, gentlemen.

Steel: No, not the win. The Boogeyman embarassing us on our ECW debut!

Long: I know, but I have a lessaiz faire approach to the wrestling business. I just let y'all go out there and do your thing. So, if you don't like it, do something about it.

Goldman: Oh, don't worry we will.

Chris Steel looks a little bit confused, but Goldman winks, and they walk off.

Back to the ring, Armando Estrada is stretching and awaiting an opponent.

Jim Johnston's instrumental version of "Man in the Box" plays.

Tony Chimel: The following match is scheduled for one fall. First, the challenger, who - if he wins - will receive a new ECW contract - from Miami, Florida, weighing 230 pounds, Armando Estrada!

Tommy Dreamer walks down the ramp holding a singapore cane in one hand and a trash can in the other.

The music cuts off. The Titantron shows Theodore Long back in his office.

Long: Oh, Armando. I forgot to tell you. This is an Extreme Rules match!

The crowd pops.

Long: Good luck, and remember: I'll be pulling for you.

Chimel: From Yonkers, New York, weighing 255 pounds, Tommy Dreamer!

DING! DING! DING!
ARMANDO ESTRADA
-VS-
TOMMY DREAMER
EXTREME RULES

Dreamer slides into the ring and swings the cane wildly as Estrada's head; Estrada ducks. Dreamer goes for a shot to the ankles, but Estrada jumps. Dreamer goes for the head again, but Estrada ducks again. Dreamer fakes going for the ankles; Estrada jumps and is hit in mid-air with the cane to the chest. He falls onto his back as the crowd cheers. Dreamer goes for another cane shot, but Estrada rolls out of the way and then out of the ring. Dreamer poses with his arms out and yells, "ECW!" The fans cheer!

Striker: Tommy Dreamer, the ECW original, who beat Armando Estrada in his final match here on SciFi. Now, if Estrada can get retribution, he can earn a spot on the ECw roster.

Grisham: But he'll have to play by Tommy Dreamer's rules in this Extreme matchup where anything goes.

Dreamer slides out of the ring and chases after Estrada who runs around the ring. Armando Estrada grabs a chair on the way and folds it while he runs before sliding into the ring. Tommy Dreamer slides in behind him only to be met with a chair shot to the back. Estrada then kicks Dreamer in the head before delivering another chair shot to the back. He begins stomping on Dreamer until he rolls out of the ring and onto the floor. Estrada rolls out the other side of the ring, reaches under, pulls out a table and slides it into the ring with a smile on his face. He climbs back into the ring and sets up the table near the corner. He turns around to be met with a garbage can to the face from Tommy Dreamer which knocks him into the corner. Dreamer puts Estrada on the top rope and then climbs up top and grabs in a front facelock.

Striker: Don't tell me

Tommy Dreamer falls back delivering a DDT through the table onto Armando Estrada.

Striker: I think the back of Dreamer's head hit the chair or the garbage can!

Ref: 1...2...3

Grisham: Wait a second. Armando Estrada landed with his arm on top of Tommy Dreamer.

Chimel: And here is your winner and the newest member of the ECW roster, Armando Alejandro Estrada!

Striker: I don't believe this. That was just dumb luck.

Grisham: I can't believe it, either, but by hook or by crook, Armando Estrada is back in ECW.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chimel: Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is schedule for one fall, and it is for the ECW Championship.

The fans cheer.

Chimel: First, from Cameron, North Carolina, standing 6'2 and weighing 236 pounds, he is the reigning and defending ECW Champion, Matt Hardy!

OH, YEAH!
"Live for the Moment" by Monster Magnet plays, and the crowd pops. Matt Hardy comes out to the ring with the ECw Championship around his waist.

Grisham: Here comes Matt Hardy looking confident as ever.

Striker: But I bet you deep down inside, he's worried. Worried about who he's going to face and worried about losing his precious championship tonight.

Hardy stands in the ring and waits for his opponent.

"Rule, Brittania!" plays and the crowd is on their feet.

Chimel: And his opponent, from Calgary, standing 6'5 and weighing 260 pounds, the "Canadian Bulldog" D-H Smith!

DH Smith walks out wearing red tassles around his biceps and white tassles hanging from his boots. He appears to have bulked up a bit with his muscles tensing as he walks down the ramp. He climbs into the ring.

DING! DING! DING!
MATT HARDY (c)
-VS-
D.H. SMITH
ECW CHAMPIONSHIP

The two men begin by circling one another. Matt Hardy quickly goes for a leg takedown, but DH Smith steps back. Smith goes for a kick, but Hardy pulls back. Hardy charges at Smith with his head ducked down and pushes Smith back into the corner. The ref counts.

Ref: 1...2...3...4...

The defending champion slowly steps back with a clean break. Smith nods and begins circling Hardy. Hardy extends his hand out offering it to DH Smith who takes it.

Grisham: What a show of sportsmanship from the third gener-

Smith pulls Hardy in by the hand and gets in a headlock followed by a takedown.

Striker: The third generation superstar taking down Hardy with a headlock. The champ doesn't know what hit him.

Smith has it locked in tight. Hardy sounds to be in pain. He gets in a headscissors. Smith rolls with it, flips over and now has Hardy pinned with both legs hooked.

Ref: 1...

Hardy boxes his hands striking both sides of the Bulldog's ribs. Smith releases Hardy's legs, rolls off and slides out of the ring. Hardy stands but is tripped up by Smith and dragged to the outside. Smith goes for a right hand, but Hardy blocks it and nails some rights of his own followed by a discus punch which Smith ducks. Hardy's momentum forces him to end up facing away from DH Smith who delivers a -

Striker: Bulldog! How appropriate!

Smith picks up Hardy and rolls him into the ring. He then slingshots and splashes on Hardy. Cover.

Ref: 1...2...kickout

Smith applied a rear chinlock. The crowd starts to rally behind Matt Hardy who makes it to his feet. The Bulldog pulls Hardy into a side headlock. Hardy backs Smith into the ropes and tries to send him off, but Smith holds on too tightly and doesn't let go of the hold. Hardy tries to pick up Smith, but Smith kicks his legs and deadweights himself causing Hardy to drop him back onto his feet. Smith reaches back, grabs Hardy's arm ducks and spins into a hammerlock. Hardy reaches back, grabs Smith by the head and delivers a snap mare. Hardy drops the elbow, but Smith moves out of the way. Smith stands and drops an elbow, but Hardy moves. Hardy hits the ropes, Smith drops on his stomach. Hardy jumps over Smith, hits the opposite ropes and ducks a clothesline. He hits the ropes and goes for a clothesline of his own, but Smith ducks and runs into the opposite ropes. Running at eachother with full force, they collide with a double-clothesline.

Ref: 1...2...3...

Grisham: If the referee counts both men out, Matt Hardy would retain the title.

Striker: But I'm sure Hardy wants the win here tonight.

Ref: 6...7...8...

DH Smith is to his feet. He begins to stomp on Matt Hardy as he makes is slowly to his knees then, with the help of the ropes, to his feet. Smith whips him across and tries a clothesline. Hardy ducks the clothesline. As the Bulldog turns around, Hardy kicks him in the stomach and goes for the Twist of Fate, but Smith pushes the chajmp into the corner. Smith runs in for a clothesline only to be caught by both boots from Hardy. Smith falls back and lands in position. Hardy climbs onto the second turnbuckle and poses for his signiature leg drop.

Grisham: What the hell is this?!

Striker: A fan?

Grisham: No, it's TJ Wilson, the Stampede Kid.

Wilson climbs onto the apron by Matt Hardy who delivers a right hand to the Stampede Kid, knocking him down off the apron. Hardy is punched in the gut by Smith. The Bulldog then puts the champ in a fireman's carry and nails a death valley driver. He covers.

Ref: Get the hell outta' here!

Grisham: The referee is distracted by TJ Wilson.

Security grabs Wilson and puts him back over the security wall and haul him off. DH Smith gets off Matt Hardy, goes to the referee and turns him around. Smith turns around into a kick to the stomach and a Twist of Fate. Both men are now down.

Ref: 1...2...3...4...5...6...

Hardy crawls over to Smith and covers.

Ref: 1...2...

Out of nowhere, someone hits a moonsault onto Matt Hardy who is on top of DH Smith.

Grisham: Why the hell did that man hit both DH Smith and Matt Hardy with the moonsault.

Striker: I don't know, but 'that man' is none other than the infamous Teddy Hart!

Teddy Hart slides out of the ring and climbs over the barricade to be whisked away by security like TJ Wilson.

Grisham: But he's DH Smith's cousin. Why would he land on both Matt Hardy AND his cousin DH Smith.

Striker: Knowing his history of infamy, maybe it was an accident. Maybe he was supposed to help DH Smith but showed up too late. Or maybe he's a rogue, an outcast of the Hart family who heard TJ Wilson and DH Smith were here to party all over Matt Hardy, and Teddy Hart got jealous and wanted to crash in.

Grisham: Whatever the case may be, this match is over leaving DH Smith and Matt Hardy in the ring confused. As Hardy walks off, Smith goes up from behind him and locks in a dragon sleeper.

Grisham: Oh, what chaos on ECW tonight.

After a moment, Smith shows his strength by lifting up Matt Hardy and flipping him. Hardy lands stomach first on Smith's shoulder who then nails a running powerslam. The crowd is hot, booing loudly.

Striker: It looks like we've seen DH Smith's true colors now. Maybe he and Teddy Hart are in cahootz. Maybe he's just a loner with family issues. No one knows, but I do know that he's made an impact on ECW here tonight!

Grisham: Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know what to tell you other than tune in to ECw next week to find out just what the hell is gonna go on here in 2009. Good night!

ECW Roster thus far:

General Manager - Theodore Long
Assistant - Tiffany

ECW Champion - Matt Hardy

Scotty Goldman
Chris Steel
D'lo Brown
Flash Funk
The Boogeyman
Toddy Dreamer
Armando Estrada
DH Smith
TJ Wilson
Teddy Hart?

This was the bomb!!! I really liked that DJ Gabriel was not involved and that Colt is finally getting used in the propper environment.

This looks to be shaping up quite well and with a decent roster of superstars and great potential as a booker, I cannot wait to see where this Book This is going. The only thing I could suggest that could be improved is that you should really try to use some colour and maybe make the presentation a little tidier.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back