Doesn't Daniel Bryan, The Heel, Remind You of Kurt Angle?

The characters are different as chalk and cheese. Daniel is playing a bad guy who is masquerading as a good guy. Outwardly he is still showing the characteristics of a face, like playing it fair, shaking the hand of his opponents before the match as a show of respect, etc. But there is another facet to his personality wherein he is using other people to do his dirty work for him. For someone who was termed as uncharismatic, this is a pretty huge character developement for Bryan. He is literally playing the master manipulator and in the past few weeks he has made puppets out of both AJ and Henry. And what more, I don't think anyone is having any problem in buying him in that role.

Kurt Angle was much more in your face as a heel. Unlike Bryan, he did not care to put on the face of a nice person to the crowd. He was arrogant and thought that he was entitled to getting cheered by the crowd. Yes, his celebrations were really over the top during that time but that was more about him being an idiot and being so full of himself than him trying to portray himself as an innocent man. He thought he was the ultimate role model for the audience just because of who he was. Like I said earlier, he did not care about earning the respect of the fans because he felt he was entitled to it.

Let me emphasize this a little more.

When CM Punk first entered the WWE nobody really paid attention to him. He came in and had some good matches then was moved up and won the World Heavyweight Championship via MITB cash in (sound familiar?). Nobody really cared too much then either. Afterwards he lost the title and appeared to be going nowhere like they had nothing for him, since the SES wasn't doing it for him. At that stage, he wasn't revered for his mic skills because he was never given an opportunity.

Punk had is belt taken from him because of a run in with Mark Calaway AKA the Undertaker since you clearly haven't been watching WWE too long as your talk about Punk is WAY OFF! You OBVIOUSLY missed the entire Jeff Hardy/Punk feud. Also Cena didn't do CRAP for Punk, Punk already had a fan base and he blew away Lawler and Cole when he was an announcer while recovering.

As for Del Rio being better? He is boring as HELL! At least Bryan gets a crowd reaction, Del Rio doesn't. Bryan may not have mic skills but a TON of successful wrestlers in the past haven't! You just don't like him that's fine but be a bit more educated before you slam the guy. I'd take 100 Bryan's who can wrestle but have no mic skills any day over a guy like Cena, who has all the mic skill in the world but can't wrestle! That's the one downfall about WWE. If you can wrestle but don't have mic skills, they bury you. If you have the mic skills but may not be great in the ring, you get the world handed to you.

Case in point Cena and Santino. I mean COME ON Santino has held the Tag Team belts on numerous occasions and been an Intercontinental Champion. The guy SUCKS and you complain about Bryan. Cena the man with the 5 moves of doom is probably going to shatter Rick Flair's championship record yet he's all mic and no wrestling.

I don't think so, Angle's gimmick was that he was a heel who thought he was a face.

Bryan's gimmick is evolving into something sort of bare bones similar to Edge after the Rated R stuff cooled down, at least in my mind. He's got the in-ring talent to take on anyone, but any time he's in trouble, he uses his brain to get past the obstacle.

Daniel Bryan is terrible. Face or heel he is boring as fuck. His mic skills are horrific and his move sets are wack. I really can't stand him and as much as I can't stand Michael Cole, I agree with everything his character says about D-Bryan.

I honestly feel like this guy is going to drop the belt at the Rumble and that's gonna be it for him as a world heavy champion for a long time until he improves.

With that said, Angle was much better at being a heel because he got under your skin so much and he had damn good wrestling skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back