Does The Build Up For Matches Really Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
I think it does to a degree. But not completley. Cena/Lashley at The Bash could have the greates build up of all time. But it aint going to make me want to see it anymore, and it aint going to make the match any good.

Where you could just put a match between Angle and Styles on PPV for example and I would watch it just for that. No build up needed. Just let a great match do the talking.

How long has it been since a match has had a really awesome build up? Angle/Joe was good. But it cant compare to the build up of W.M. 14 now can it. Promotions just dont promote as well as they used to.

And when you get the show on DVD the build up is irrelevant. You remember the match not the pre match promo that they show before all the big PPV matches.

It does but in today fast paced programming there just not build up like there used to. Cena and Lashley could have been nig but WWE rushed into things like they always do. You have to think TNA is doing an ok job with the build up of Joe/Angle for the championship at BFG.

Though todays fans has no interest in a proper build up as they want results now and dont care for the ongoigs that will make the match a must see. The last few WM main events have shown just that. Throw it together in 2months and we have a match. Truth be told that days of long buildups are gone as its all about whats happening now and what looks godd at the moment and not the future.

i loved it when they did great build ups, it made the match much cooler, attitude era still had some good build ups, the ones with undertaker were awsome IMO

and i remember that build up of Kane and Austin, for that first blood match, man that was a good one too

anyway, i still think a build up is very important, too bad they cant make a good one anymore.. they dont even have good feuds anymore, the best feud they had last was Rey and chavo IMO... HBK and cena was actually getting interesting too, to bad HBK got hurt =/

this cena and lashley build up sucked, though i really wanna see the match cuz i think now cena will finally lose, and i like lashleys matches, he does some awsome power moves and is very athletic for his size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back