Does Smackdown Really Need Undertaker Back?

Nev

Pre-Show Stalwart
SD!'s main scene wrestlers are as great as it is now.

Kane, CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Edge, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, etc. seems enough

Also, mid carders such as John Morrison, Matt Hardy, & The Hart Dynasty are great up-and-coming stars.

Somehow, it feels as if Undertaker will "slow the pace" of the show (if that made any sense).

I think he should spent the twilight of his career on RAW. After all, he was part of the first 10 years of RAW. It would be more enjoyable if his final matches were @ RAW instead of Smackdown.

Your thoughts?

Undertaker is almost done anyway. I think he enjoys the light schedule and being able to wrestle here and there. The crowd loves Taker, I don't think they care where they see him. I dont, knowing how much he is always hurting im glad he is on the show where he doesn't have to work as hard.

Yeah, his home is Smackdown. I see absolutely no reason why he should go to Raw. I don't think he will continue wrestling for a longer, so the WWE might as well leave him where he is.

I don't think they really need him back, but it's always nice to see him back. I love 'Taker. Always have, he's awesome, but no Smackdown doesn't need him, just as I believe Raw doesn't need HHH, bit I digress. Taker however is supposedly training extremely hard for his return so he can be in the best shape he has been in for a while. It's been stated that he is likely to start a feud for the World Title as well and have a long program, so we may see more rather than less of the Deadman this go round, which is good, it should be fun, but again no they really don't need him, they are doing good without him.

Leave the Undertaker on Smackdown because I want to see Taker come back and work a program with Jericho. If they start building it up after Summerslam, Jericho and Taker could work a nice long feud leading up to WM26.

Only thing is, Taker had to get his Hip replaced, so I dont think well be seeing him until Oct/Nov due tot he amount of recovery time something like that requires.

I think Smackdown is pretty strong without him, but it'll be nice when he comes back because he can help establish some of the younger guys on the roster. Look at what he did for Cena, Orton, Edge and Hardy. (Edge vs. Taker at WM24/Summerslam 2008 were awesome, I'm gonna watch that WM match right now in memory of its awesomeness) He could do the same for Punk, Ziggler, Morrison, and thats just to mention a few.

Yeah you guys make a good point.

Taker really helped make Orton look good in that 2005 feud. Same for Edge.

I guess it wouldn't hurt keeping him a while longer. Plus, SD! has some great fresh stars for Taker to feud with.

yeah would be nice to see him here soon to give some new stars a push like john morrison but they might be pushing him other ways?

there is a undertaker RIP tour end of the year so that might be a sign of him coming back soon.

Im a huge taker fan and would love to see him end at 20-0 for WM but not sure how much he has left in the tank, but for his age when he flies out of the ring over the ropes amazes me lol

As much as I love Taker (second fav of all time)...I have to admit that right now, Smackdown is actually better off without him. He should take advantage of that and use this time to rest up even more.

When the Undertaker does come back, he's going to have primarily two people that he can feud with: Chris Jericho and CM Punk. Sure, he could have a short feud with Mike Knox, and maybe a little program with Dolph Ziggler, but those are going to be his two anchor feuds - possibly Jericho/Taker for WrestleMania rather than Summerslam (unless they go with Edge/Jericho for Mania, which would be cool, though I'd rather see Morrison in the title match against Edge or Jericho).

Right now, especially after this trade, we have a lot of feuds that are still left open for the taking, and none of them involve the Undertaker. He isn't really needed right now. In fact, if he were to return, it might actually do more damage than good, as it would put less focus on someone like Morrison who is really capitalizing on that empty spot and becoming someone who is slowly creeping onto the main event scene.

But, of course, since I like Taker so much, I'll welcome his return with open arms, figuratively. The guy's just great.

Undertaker is better off T.V. till Summerslam maybe later. As you all know he will be involved in Hell In A cell the new paper view somewhere along the card. Taker is not needed as they have feuds that are working now for main event. the young talent may be getting low ratings but at least they will have ratings back up when they get more fan reconized.

Does SD need Taker? Does Raw need HBK?

I'm a little torn on how to answer this actually. I realise that with these two guys out of the picture, we get more opportunities for the mid-card guys to work with the ME guys. We've had Cena/Miz, HHH shat on MVP, John Morrisson beat CM Puke last week etc etc. While it is good to see the mid-card guys working with the ME talent, i've got to ask, how is it actually benefitting them? Promo-wise Miz has flourished thanks to this Cena fued, but as soon as they had a match it went straight to hell in a handbasket. We all know MVP is a decent wrestler, but he was made to look like he was a weakling who can't even put down an exhausted, weakened opponent. Morrisson beat Puke last week, but i'm fairly certain he'll now just go back to wrestling random superstars instead of being pushed somewhat.

It's great to see them getting more TV time, but it's no good when they're being shat on in the process.

Who's great at getting new guys over? Taker and HBK of course. They've helped Cena, Orton, Kennedy, hell, Taker even made Koslov look half decent. Personally i think that Taker should come back and fued with the entire Hart Dynasty. All of them, not just Davey or Tyson, but all three. He's easily get them all over if they were beating on him every week. Matt Hardy is being passed around like a diseased flannel now, why not throw him in a fued with Taker?

Finally, i'd like to add that i haven't really paid any attention to anything other than the PPVs since Taker and HBK went on the shelf. It's not a boycott or anything ******ed like that, there's just not really been a reason to watch imo. Jericho, Edge and Hardy may be carrying SD but that's not enough of a reason for me to stay in on a Friday night.

I think it needs him back in the sense to give one or two more young superstars a rub, kinda like what he did to Cena a few years ago. Somebody like a Dolph ziggler should feud with him, and they should beat him, or at least have a really competitive match with him, and build them up. Other than that, he has done it all and really doesn't need to come back, although there are reports he feels he does need to return to help the show, so he may be back sooner than later and stay on for a decent amount of time.

I think SD! does need The Undertaker back, but not right now. The guys who are main eventing Smackdown right now have already proven in my opinion that they can hold the fort down while he has been away. Eventually though, they are going to need him back so that they can get some new feuds going and so that he can help the younger talent get over by giving them a rub if they need it.

Now I am going to explain the 2 reasons why I think he should return eventually. First one being that they are going to need to create new feuds. Right now they do have a lot of feuds they can do for the main event on Smackdown, but if they keep giving away matches that should be on ppv's then they are going to have to create some new feuds/matches (which is when The Undertaker comes in) because if they do some matches a lot, after a while it's just going to get boring and it's going to feel like they can't come up with something new.

Now the second reason why 'Taker should return is to give younger and newer talent a rub if they needed. Take for example John Morrison, I don't like him by the way, he is obviously going to be a top guy some day (and this is evident by the way he is being pushed right now). So if he is going to be a top guy then a win over The Undertaker would help him because fans will buy into him and think he has a legitimate chance of maybe winning a world title or main eventing a ppv. The same would go with some of the other new talents they have on Smackdown.

i see jericho and taker wresting at wrestlemania, after he and edge loss the tag titles of coure. i would also like the se a edge punk feud. edge as the face because i hope they turn him. a slow turn like there doing with punk just the other way around. once hardy leaves smackdown will be missing a top face and edge would step into that spot. hopefully the edge jericho team will turn into a fued and then undertaker can fight jericho and edge can move up to the title scene

I think that a Jericho/Undertaker fued would be great. Jericho is one of the last guys that Taker hasn't fueded agasint and it could last until WM 26. Smackdown is great right now without Undertaker, but I think it has the potential to be even better once he comes back. As the saying goes, you can never have too much talent.

Well Taker is with out a doubt the god of Smackdown! but In Novmember may be time for the Immortal Deadman to Rest In Peace. So Vince may wanna use this to his advantage because having Kane and Taker on the same brand=Perfect last match. Which would be good for SS. So SD! can go with that for a few months.

SD! those not need taker and Vice-Versa but Taker is a huge help when Chris,Punk,Hardy, and Edge get boring and it still is a long time before The Mid-Carders truly get up there. So trust The fall as Takers season.

Of course Smack Down needs him. He`ll put over some of the guys and will create new stars out of them. Besides, he can`t retire without a Taker-Jericho feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back