Does Anyone Else Expect The Ascension To Debut Tonight?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night on Raw, I mistakenly thought that WWE announced that the SummerSlam kickoff show would have a tag team title match in which The Usos issued an open challenge. However, this open challenge will take place on tonight's episode of Main Event. Given that The Usos have gone through every team so far and even though it isn't at a pay-per-view, I'm thinking that tonight MIGHT be the night The Ascension debut on the main roster. Several months back, before their feud with Harper & Rowan, there were reports saying that The Ascension would be the team The Usos ultimately dropped the titles to and that they were set to be brought up to the main roster.

Since this is SummerSlam week and WWE is hoping to get as many new subscriptions as they possibly can for the WWE Network, I could see The Ascension debuting and ultimately making an impact by winning the titles. Title changes don't happen often on Main Event, since it's something of a special week due to SummerSlam being one of the original Big Four ppvs and since the event will be on the WWE Network, it seems sensible that The Ascension debuts.

The company could go the route of not having an actual match tonight, The Ascension debuts and delivers a big beatdown to The Usos before the match even started, thereby setting up a possible tag title match as part of SummerSlam or for the kickoff show.

I don't see The Ascension debuting on a B-show with no fanfare.

I was thinking more along the lines of Big Show/Henry who just teamed up recently.

All of the recent NXT callups have gotten video packages leading up to their debut, I don't know why they would drop that w/ the Ascension.

I also dont see the Ascension debuting tonight on ME although i could be wrong.. I am in the thinking that the Ascension angle is dead already,even before it got off the ground.. Once in awhile WWE does angles like this,pairing up guys together and nothing ever happens..

As far as the Uso's goes,once again the tag team champions are left off the summerslam card.. Summerslam i swear is the Kiss of death if your the tag team champions.. As far as the open challenge goes,Rybaxel is done.. I am thinking of maybe Cody and Goldust

I also dont see the Ascension debuting tonight on ME although i could be wrong.. I am in the thinking that the Ascension angle is dead already,even before it got off the ground.. Once in awhile WWE does angles like this,pairing up guys together and nothing ever happens..

As far as the Uso's goes,once again the tag team champions are left off the summerslam card.. Summerslam i swear is the Kiss of death if your the tag team champions.. As far as the open challenge goes,Rybaxel is done.. I am thinking of maybe Cody and Goldust

You do know who the Ascension are right? They've been a team for quite some time and aren't just two guys randomly paired up.

As for them debuting tonight I doubt it. But maybe they make a surprise appearance at SS.

Didn't Sin Cara and Kalisto just win a number one contender's tournament to face Ascension at Takeover II? I would love to see them debut. Wouldn't mind if it was Main Event tonight. Yeah it's not a "flagship" show, but I mean with Summerslam packed and Raw crowded, it makes sense to debut them on a show thats going to garner in more viewers than normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back