Does Anybody Else 'Fear' For Kurt Angle?

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Last week we heard Kurt Angle won't make it to the Olympics and he is now taking time off to heal. With Kurts career coming to an end, do you fear for his well being?

We all know Kurt has a high opinion of himself, loves the spotlight and being centre of attention. When all this is taken away from Kurt, I fear he could find himself in a bad place. Coupled with all his drink problems, drug problems and his ludicrous claims on twitter, even now he doesnt seem to be of stable mind.

Could a move back to WWE save him? I think that is the only way to finish his glittering career. He could also do so much more with them after his career is finished.

I see people like Scott Hall and I see Kurt Angle a few years down the line. Sad but true.

I do worry for Kurt Angle.

I love the guy. In my opinion he has been the best wrestler in the world for the past 10 years, he very rarely has a bad match and is one of the least selfish main eventers of all time. He has no problem putting anyone over and can work a good match with nearly anyone.

However, he has had alot of personal issues, and with the amount of serious neck injuries he has had, as much as I love seeing him in the ring I worry that he will end up suffering a really bad injury that puts him in a wheelchair. I have read somewhere that he can barely move backstage nowadays, struggles to turn his head and looks a wreck but when the music starts the adrenaline kicks in and he overcomes these problems....how much longer can he do that? And is he hurting himself further doing so?

I do think he should be looking at getting out of full-time wrestling, and if the WWE were interested a part-time return there could be the best thing for him, even if it was just for a one off Wrestlemania, career-ending match which would allow Angle to bow out on the grandest stage possible.

He wouldn't have to be off TV. Angle could easily remain in the public eye as an on-screen character in WWE without having to get in the ring. He could be a manager for someone like Jack Swagger, we all know Kurt is good on the mic, be a GM or something like that and do alot of work behind the scenes with the rookies or in FCW. WWE would love a healthy, clean Kurt Angle back as part of their family, he is still very valuable in the wrestling business.

However, I do fear that Kurt will never fully retire. He seems to need to be in the spotlight, and will struggle when he is physically incapable of competing at the intensity that he does. I hope I am wrong.

I worried when Kurt decided spitting the dummy and going to TNA was more important then getting help by WWE (if that was the case), and he's also the one that said Vince refused to get him treatment yet now he's been in TNA for how many years and he's seemingly doing more harm to himself then ever and is perpetually injured, so who was the one refusing treatment?

anyway since moving to TNA he's been injured now how often? seems every month there's some injury and then the rant after rant on social media, i am more worried that he's lost his mind then anything else.

If hes physically unfit he certainly doesn't show it.

The sad reality is that when in WWE, Angle was surrounded by people who really cared and had (at oleast to some extent) his best interests in mind. Sadly, I have never believed this to be the case in TNA. He seems to have become the cash cowthat they just won't stop milking. Sadly, the milk is likely to turn sour long before it should.

I fear that Kurt Angle is walking the same path as Chris Benoit.

So, from what we know leading up the horrible end was Benoit had suffered from countless concussions. His brain was badly degenerated. He suffered from paranoia, based on his journals that claimed he would take different ways to the airport form his home, because he believed he was being followed.

As everyone knows after the first concussion, the subseqent ones are more easily sustained, which causes the frequency to increase.

We know Kurt Angle has had a very bad concussion back in the WWE during the announcer's table flop. And we know Kurt go all out during matches, so its not beyond reasonable thinking to say Angle has suffered several concussions over the span of his career.

Angle is documented seroid abuser, like Benoit. He has had abuse problems with alcohol and with serveral DUI stops(from 2007 to 2011) He has taken to jail over unsubscribed HGH pills, and was addicted to painkillers.

Now we get to the path Angle is walking. In the few years, Angle has stalked an ex-girlfriend, Rhaka Khan who he alledged abuse, tried to erase text messages and pictures from her phone.

It's no secret that domestic abuse only increases over time. And Benoit has shown us all, what the saddest end can be.

Angle has had very erractic behavior. Crazy rants on Twitter then claims of being "hacked". He has stated conspiracies that the police were out to get him. All of this seems like classic paranoia. And paranoid behavior is a symptom of post-concussion syndrome.

I'm not saying Kurt Angle is going to end up doing what Benoit did, but the warning signs have been there for many years.

The sad reality is that when in WWE, Angle was surrounded by people who really cared and had (at oleast to some extent) his best interests in mind. Sadly, I have never believed this to be the case in TNA. He seems to have become the cash cowthat they just won't stop milking. Sadly, the milk is likely to turn sour long before it should.

Yes, considering that WWE gave him a full and free release from his contract, no multi-year Non-Compete clause like they made Brock sign when he left, so that he could take care of his drug issues and heal, both physically and mentally, that showed me that they actually did care about Kurt (even though I'm sure it had something to do with them not wanting him to die on "their watch" as well). Either way they cared enough to let him go, no strings attached.

But Kurt's need for attention, and TNA's desire for the next biggest former WWE guy to become available, over rode "doing the right thing" for Kurt Angle the person. I think that's when I lost most of my respect for TNA as a company, because they seemed to care more about "Kurt Angle" the commodity than Kurt Angle the man.

Sadly I see him either dying or becoming crippled in the ring, because he can't give up the spotlight and no one in TNA is willing to make him, or dying, becoming crippled, or ending up in prison for killing or crippling someone else while drinking and driving. I don't see a happy ending for the Kurt Angle story, which is sad because it doesn't have to end that way, but the people around him don't seem able or willing to push him to make that change, because obviously he doesn't seem willing to able to make the change himself.

I would love to see Kurt Angle make a return to the WWE for one final run. But, judging from what's been happening to him lately, he might end up becoming another wrestling tragedy. Another wrestler cut down way before his time. It's obvious that his physical health is breaking down due to the numerous injuries and him being in his mid-40s but, with the recent weird behavior he's been displaying, it could also be said that his mental health is suffering as well. At least with Edge, he realized when his time was up and walked away with his health intact. But with Angle, it seems like he's literally a wrestling machine who will keeping going until his body shuts down. Only time will tell if we'll end up mourning him much like we did with the likes of Eddie Guerrero and Owen Hart.

I fear that you WWE Marks won't stop making such idiotic topics like this one. There are two wrestling promotions right now...so live with it! All you guys always bashing wrestlers that are in TNA instead of WWE are pathetic. Reality is TNA has a much better product and wrestlers stay there because they are appreciated not because of the money like WWE. Guys that left TNA to go back to WWE went back for one reason...MONEY. That is all. Not because it is better.

So again I say...Get over it. TNA is here to stay and people like Kurt Angle are not going to be better off in WWE just because your loyalty to WWE allows you to believe so.

Yah i also have that feeling this is not going to end well for Kurt!! Kurts need for attention his numerous injuries,addiction to well anything,and god knows how many concussions he has had.

I dont know how many people in Kurts life are close to him but if he has any they should really have a talk with him. He just hasnt looked the same in years. To me it does show the injuries he has had,the fact he cant hardly move as reports indicate. Neck injurires concussions and paranoia i dont wanna see kurt die or get crippled in any shape form or fashion.

TNA management IMO and i know its not their job to do so should really have a talk with him. Offer Kurt a backstage position maybe a upper management job kurt could still appear on TV PPVs etc but TNA should force his ass into rehab and retirement!! Kurt needs help its obvious and he needs to stop wrestling for his health!! Thats my opinion anyway

I fear that you WWE Marks won't stop making such idiotic topics like this one. There are two wrestling promotions right now...so live with it! All you guys always bashing wrestlers that are in TNA instead of WWE are pathetic. Reality is TNA has a much better product and wrestlers stay there because they are appreciated not because of the money like WWE. Guys that left TNA to go back to WWE went back for one reason...MONEY. That is all. Not because it is better.

So again I say...Get over it. TNA is here to stay and people like Kurt Angle are not going to be better off in WWE just because your loyalty to WWE allows you to believe so.

Sounds to me the only mark in this topic is you. The facts are there to see, Angle is constantly injured, he would never make the Olympic team because a) he wouldn't pass a fitness b) get around the strict drug rules. He left the WWE for one reason, he refused to get help. He isn't the first big name in the last few years to do this either, just look at Jeff Hardy... it even got to the point even TNA themselves finally got some sense into their heads (although he much of that was influenced by lawyers and courts remains to be seen). There is a drug problem within TNA and only their die-hard fans will say otherwise. You had the likes the Matt Hardy come in, uncontrolled and completely mess himself up. There's Jeff Hardy as mentioned. Angle has had several problems with law over drugs and then there is RVD who openly admits smoking an illegal substance. Granted most of these problems were likely developed in WWE (and ECW), you can hardily blame anyone for feeling worried when there doesn't seem to be any control by TNA management to deal with these issues. Does TNA really need their own Eddie's/Benoit's before they do the right thing and follow the WWE's path on this matter or should they just learn from WWE's fatal mistakes already?

This has nothing to do with WWE marks wishing TNA didn't exist. It has everything to do with the well-being of a particular wrestler and a few people made the point that WWE would take care of this wrestler better than TNA would... and they're not wrong.

WWE isn't trying to build their brand, they don't need guys like Kurt Angle going at break-neck speed trying to establish them.

WWE has a wellness policy in place where a guy who's abusing substances and isn't taking care of himself gets sent home, as opposed to TNA where that guy is allowed to walk out and ruin the main event of your PPV.

WWE has a rehabilitation program where they pay for employees, past or present, who need help to go and get it.

WWE has their "Legends Contracts" where they pay a substantial salary to retired guys to use their image and likeness and they don't have to do anything further to earn it.

So stop being a TNA fanboy trying to turn this into a flame war over "who has a better product." Aside from your opinion being delusional and ludicrous, it has nothing to do with the current discussion.

This has nothing to do with WWE marks wishing TNA didn't exist. It has everything to do with the well-being of a particular wrestler and a few people made the point that WWE would take care of this wrestler better than TNA would... and they're not wrong.

WWE isn't trying to build their brand, they don't need guys like Kurt Angle going at break-neck speed trying to establish them.

WWE has a wellness policy in place where a guy who's abusing substances and isn't taking care of himself gets sent home, as opposed to TNA where that guy is allowed to walk out and ruin the main event of your PPV.

WWE has a rehabilitation program where they pay for employees, past or present, who need help to go and get it.

WWE has their "Legends Contracts" where they pay a substantial salary to retired guys to use their image and likeness and they don't have to do anything further to earn it.

So stop being a TNA fanboy trying to turn this into a flame war over "who has a better product." Aside from your opinion being delusional and ludicrous, it has nothing to do with the current discussion.

You just proved my point MARK. The last time I checked "quote on quote" Kurt Angle was already addicted to pain killers before asking for his release. Before he even asked for his release he asked for time off to get better which Vince McMahon informed him that he will rehab while still working on the road...sounds like Vince was really trying to take care of him. And the last time I checked he didn't fail a drug test in WWE...interesting, huh. Come on people if you are going to come at me please come at me with some actual facts and not something you dreamnt up because you want to believe that WWE is a better place for "everybody".

Reality is that I too care about Kurt Angle's well being as I would any wrestler. But what doesn't make sense is making a topic about it but instead of the topic focusing on his actual well being the topic is really about him going to WWE for a final run because according to all the MARKS that have posted on here TNA is bad for his health and WWE is full of loving and caring people. I think the facts say differently.

So to all you WWE MARKS out there I would like to quote an ignorant person that I hardly know(here's looking at you Yurnewhero)..."Aside from your opinion being delusional and ludicrous, it has nothing to do with the current discussion."

You're an idiot. This has nothing to do with TNA bashing, jesus christ, you TNA fanboys are so paranoid.

This has to do witht he fact that Kurt Angle has some serious serious problems. That no out, outside the WWE originally, seems to wanna do anything about it. He has gotten off DUI charges on Technicalities. The Rumours of the state of his neck are downright scarey. In fact, if you look at photos of him, less the 3 year ago to now, you can clearly see a break down in his arm size (a big big big big big big big giveaway in suspected spinal issues). And don't get me started on the whole Olympic thing...he had no chance....not cause of lack of talent, but because, there was no way in hell he was going to pass any IOC standard drug testing.

Again, this is not TNA bashing, it is concern people have for another human being.

EDIT:

Vince Told Kurt to go to Rehab. Not rehab on the road. Just straight rehab. He refused. They reached an impass, and Kurt asked for his release. It was granted. And one would assume he had failed a test, which lead to the rehab request.

You just proved my point MARK. The last time I checked "quote on quote" Kurt Angle was already addicted to pain killers before asking for his release. Before he even asked for his release he asked for time off to get better which Vince McMahon informed him that he will rehab while still working on the road...sounds like Vince was really trying to take care of him. And the last time I checked he didn't fail a drug test in WWE...interesting, huh. Come on people if you are going to come at me please come at me with some actual facts and not something you dreamnt up because you want to believe that WWE is a better place for "everybody".

Reality is that I too care about Kurt Angle's well being as I would any wrestler. But what doesn't make sense is making a topic about it but instead of the topic focusing on his actual well being the topic is really about him going to WWE for a final run because according to all the MARKS that have posted on here TNA is bad for his health and WWE is full of loving and caring people. I think the facts say differently.

So to all you WWE MARKS out there I would like to quote an ignorant person that I hardly know(here's looking at you Yurnewhero)..."Aside from your opinion being delusional and ludicrous, it has nothing to do with the current discussion."

If you were so "fact oriented" you would know that Kurt Angle admitted that he lied about what his story behind leaving WWE was.

Kurt was released because he didn't want to slow down like WWE wanted him to. He REFUSED rehab. Kurt never failed a drug test, because he left before the wellness policy was put into place. Kurt was actually on constant "deathwatch" during that time.

There are many reasons why Kurt should have a last run in WWE, and his well-being is definitely one of them. You insist WWE isn't better, yet you have yet to name one positive for TNA...

TNA is the company that saw Jeff Hardy toasted out of his mind, yet let him go to the ring and try and compete. TNA is the company that when Konnan (at the time, a full-time employee) needed money for surgery, TNA gave it AND MADE HIM PAY IT BACK. TNA is the company that's currently being sued by Daffney for putting her in dangerous situations against her wishes, and then when she got hurt REFUSED to pay any of her medical bills resulting from their actions.

I'm not a blind "WWE mark" I watch and enjoy TNA just as much, but TNA is unbiasedly a shit place to work. Their focus is building their brand, not taking care of their workers.

WWE will pay for Kurt's rehab, keep him on a light schedule, and when he calls it quits he gets a Hall of Fame Ring, a legends contract, and enough residuals where he'll never have to work again. What can TNA give him?

I never said WWE is full of "loving and caring people" but as mentioned, they have programs in place that would greatly benefit Kurt, and TNA has nothing to match them. And that's a FACT.

I've actually spoken about this many times so it's sort of interesting that someone made a thread about it.

I suppose the first time I really publicized my thoughts on this topic was on my website in July of 2010. I had attended a TNA show in Brooklyn and at the show, Kurt had the best match of the night. If I was just blinded by that, I would have said "wow, Kurt looks great, looks like he can go for years". However, being that I was there covering the event, I had to look deeper. While I did not get to talk to Kurt, I did get to look in his eyes. As he limped by me, barely able to walk, I told him that he performed admirably that day. He turned and our eyes met, and that's when everything changed.

What I saw when I looked in Kurt's eyes was........nothing. It was cold in there and he appeared lifeless. It was as if this Kurt was a caricature of this former great wrestler, not the same man we used to watch. It was a scary thought and sight, and despite the mostly sardonic tone of my observational piece, I added this observation to my notepad as I probably affected me more than anything else at the show.

Now every time I see Kurt, I think of that day. I watch him on TV and I see the same dead eyes and I do fear the worst for him. He has very publically cried out for help from his nonsensical twitter rants to his arrests but yet nobody helps him. Because his matches continue to be good, no one is willing to see the bigger issue here. This is a man with MAJOR problems and it scares me to think that his life and/or other lives could be in danger.

At the time I saw him, I said that I felt he should probably stop wrestling for his own good. Disregarding that he still had a great match that night, health means more than ability. I felt for his well being, he should end his career. I thought it was going to happen when he lost at BFG 2010 but it didn't happen. It should have though because things keep getting worse and that fear grows every day. I would never wish bad things upon anyone so I continue to hope that the damage isn't already done with him. Find an exit strategy and get out before something really bad happens.

Yes and no. Yes because I'm aware of his personal demons and while he seems to have made some progress it often feels like theres no one around him trying to help him. We all hear of Scott Hall having the Kliq there for him and other than Kurt no one seems to be talking about Angle in a positive light. No because the fact of the matter is that most public figures die young. Whether its in wrestling, music, movies, when you live life under a microscope with an almost unlimited amount of cash its easy to slip through the cracks. While a WWE return might save his career, one has to question how well these two parties will work together considering the nature in which Kurt departed from the company.

No because Kurt is a grown man. Even though the damage has been done to his body and we might not see an elderly Kurt Angle getting inducted into the HOF, he seems to have good sense of self and have other things going for him besides the wrestling industry. Society will turn its back on an aging wrestler, but Kurt's gold medal can make him relevant every 4 years.

Why are we fearing for Kurt? He is still one of the best wrestlers out there and despite carrying injuries he still outperforms nearly every other current talent in either TNA or WWE.

Yes Angle used to have a perscription pill issue and may like his drink but at least he is not doing the harder drugs that many on this forum use or even Jeff Hardy used. Many people take pills in life for all kind of things from depression, pain relief, hay fever...blah blah.

Angle clearly is not in a bad way and I am sure TNAwill not let another Hardy situation arise. Kurt now has a much reduced schedule and never looks high on painkillers, to me anyway. Also let the man drink just keep him away from cars when he does.

Finally he craves attention but so does everyone who has tasted fame so why should we worry for Kurt. To me Kurt is the greatest ever and while he still has it in in let him entertain us.

I don't think going back to WWE would help, he is going to have a rough time without all the spotlight on him. I just find it sad that he got into the best shape of his life while in TNA. Could you imagine how much more stardom he could have gotten in WWE had he been in that physical condition while he was there? Also, Twitter is ruining his image. How many times is his page gonna get "hacked"? Jus cuz you get drunk and decide to finger f*** the keyboard doesn't mean you can claim it gets hacked everytime. Plus half of the tweets he does when he is sober is full of typos or statements/sentences or whatever that don't make sense. I'm not bashin him for incorrect use of grammar, but I will get a little out of line and say this.......he needs to get his head checked. All the injuries he has had through the years, and he was in WWE the same time as Benoit and he took beatings just as Benoit did. The question(s) I want answered are:
Did he use steroids to help get back from injuries? If so was he ever hooked? Is he still hooked? Is his brain in the same shape Benoits was late in his career?

Guys, let's face it.

Pro wrestling is still a sport to somebody. To me and to most of the fans for example, but not only I guess.

At the end of the day, it's not really the internet's opinion on what is better for this or that wrestler or this or that promotion or this or that storyline to make the difference. Wrestling would be better if so was? Not 100% sure.

Kurt Angle is a competitor with an intense passion, with amazing talent and with a goal on his head businesswise. Roberto Baggio, one of the greatest soccer players of all time, probably in the top 5, repeatedly broke his knee over his career (first time he was 16). And he played til 37. Sportsmen, competitors, players in general don't give it up on their weaknesses. Angle knows he can still hit the show stealer ANYTIME, like he did last Sunday or probably a hundred times throughout his brilliant career. It must be even hard for himself to watch Taker and HHH having the match of the Century and stay there staring at them specially if he knows he can do better than that.

Then he comes out to the ring: all the Internet fans fear for his health during the match imagining he would not stand up after that last released German; he is wrestling in front of a semi empty auditorium; he hits that which is easily the best match in over 18 months for his promotion - oh, and guess who was part of the previous one -; Internet fans are amazed; Internet fans calm down and start worrying again for his health, secretly hoping he's crazy enough to keep doing his thing and give us unbelievably good matches with more injuries on his track than probably any active wrestler in TNA, or even in North America; Internet fans then laugh about him trying to top Undi-HHH to come back again on his health issues and his bad behavior in real life.

Who for should he stop? This is LIFE guys, and life to me is about being the best you can be. If all the rumors mentioned here are truth, then he is a lonely man. And he probably is, considering the amount of his tweets and how he desperately tries to have human contacts so to speak. The only things that lonely human beings can use to prevent themselves from depression or self destruction is passion. Kurt has it, and when he puts all the 30% (probably less) he's got left in the ring THAT passion still gives him a reason to be alive. So now I ask you this question: do you think Kurt would have done more or less shit than he did in real life if he stopped wrestling when he was medically supposed to? Or, even worse: would he still be alive?

I am a hundred percent sure Kurt Will never regret the moment he injuries himself to paralysis if that is ever to happen, as many say.

Stories like this one make wrestling the greatest fucking thing in the World, and those who watch it as a male oriented sports based soap opera can be rethorically destroyed just by LEGENDS like these. If I meet Kurt Angle tomorrow, I'll just thank him for the many amazing matches he gave me the privilege to watch and for the wrestling legend he his, as well as everybody here would do.

As much as a Cena fan I am, Cena would retire in his conditions, like everyone would. Angle wants to wrestle himself till humanly possible, and as stupid as it may sound, I respect him for that.

The thing I fear more than anything is another idiotic post from you. Do you know the man? I'm pretty sure you don't. Do you think the man is abusing drugs if he was an injury away from making the FREAKING OLYMPIC TEAM??? Pretty sure they test for drugs. Not to mention the fact that he's going back to WWE soon (mark my words) and they test too. Pure conjecture about a man you don't even know based on a bunch of stuff you pulled out of your rectum is completely asinine and unproductive to an actual discussion about wrestling.

Spend your time fearing for and worrying about people you actually know.

/thread

The thing I fear more than anything is another idiotic post from you. Do you know the man? I'm pretty sure you don't. Do you think the man is abusing drugs if he was an injury away from making the FREAKING OLYMPIC TEAM??? Pretty sure they test for drugs. Not to mention the fact that he's going back to WWE soon (mark my words) and they test too. Pure conjecture about a man you don't even know based on a bunch of stuff you pulled out of your rectum is completely asinine and unproductive to an actual discussion about wrestling.

Spend your time fearing for and worrying about people you actually know.

/thread

lol, you're an idiot dude. He hadn't been drug tested yet,but as soon as we walked into trails, guess what would have happened????? That's right...a drug test...

so lets put this together, ahem, I will type small words so you can understand:

Angle...claims to be injured...pulls out of olympic trails:

Angle wrestles a match on PPV, that, while he can be protected, is just as physically demanding of a match a 'sports entertainer' could have....and gets through it ok...

And now I hear he is wrestling on impact in a couple of weeks...

You do know that hamstring tears make it nearly impossible to sit on the toilet??? let alone wrestle a CAGE MATCH!? Right...you do know that? Anyway...moving on...

As far as people pulling facts of of their rectums about him having a drug problem...well, you might be right, honestly, you may be right, but there is an old saying. If you find an animal, and it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck...there is a good chance the animal is a duck. If it acts like a drug addict...it's probably a drug addict...What are we basing this on?

Well...go to smoking gun dot com, or go to google, whatever, you will be able to find Kurts rap sheet, everytime he was giving a celebrity slap on the wrist, or gets off on technicalities....The fact is...there is enough evidence to suggest he has real problems. The pulling out of the olympic trials....really brought it to light for me....if he didnt wrestle on lockdown, and took a few months off, I'd believe it was just that. But....to wrestle like he did at lockdown, and to keep wrestling now....after supposedly experiencing a serious injury....it just doesn't add up....and, to me...it comes across like he is dodging it.

yes and no. i think Angle's biggest issue is his personality. anyone who goes for a gold medal like he did has a very driven personality and needs challenges. that is why he always goes all out on his matches even when he is injured. if he quit wrestling and had nothing to focus his attention on, then yeah i would be worried for him. but he has a couple things going for him. first, new family. sometimes that is enough to get someone to change their ways. secondly, tna, wwe or any wrestling company would love to have him behind the scenes working with new talent. i would see him running a training school or being a producer and helping talent. i think that would give him something new to focus on. between the two of those, i think he would be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back