• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do You Want TNA Wrestling to be Successful?

CM Steel

A REAL American
TNA Wrestling has been around for just over 11 years now. They have had their high points (so to speak) and their low points. TNA has tried various times to compete with the global juggernaut that is the WWE. TNA president Dixie Carter recently stated in an interview that she is open to the idea to work with Vince McMahon's WWE to do a "crossover show/PPV". Which more than likely won't happen.

TNA has pulled every trick out of the bag with different kinds of stints. Such as...

-The Main Event Mafia
-The Band
-E.V2 (ECW)
-The Monday Night Wars 2
-Signing MMA stars to their company

Did I miss anything here? Still ti'l this very day Dixie Carter's TNA Wrestling is still trying to compete against the WWE. TNA is in the middle between the WWE and ROH in wrestling. But honestly as you being a fan of pro wrestling. Do you want TNA Wrestling to be successful?

As a fan of Pro Wrestling, I think its in everyones best interest that TNA us successful.

Without competition, what forces the other guys to better themselves? As we saw with WCW and WWF, that competition brought out the best television around. The best charachters, storylines, matches.

As a TNA fan, I want them to be sucessful. WWE just does not interest me anymore. Ive found something I enjoy of course i want them to stick around.

Well of course I wan't them to be successful, something tells me that this thread is just beating a dead horse.

Competition is good for everyone, no doubt about it. TNA could be a great alternative, and provide the two wrestling markets (those who like the WWE style and those who are looking for something with a little more grown up stuff) an option.

But as I have said time and time again, as has everyone else, TNA is just not gaining any market share. Whether it is the patchy booking*, lack of star power** or lack of mainstream exposure, it simply isn't happening for TNA. I don't mind their product, it just isn't as good as the other option, and that's saying something.

Just My Opinion

* - I will note here, the WWEs booking is also patchy as hell, however when you control 99% of the market, and most of that 99% is not aware of any competition, and those who are aware of the competition see the competition is not even as good as the patchy booking on the program your already watching, why the hell would they switch

** - sans Jeff Hardy, I can't really think of a mainstream star. Sorry, but most non WWE fans don't really know who Kurt Angle is, and Kennedy was a blip in the WWE. Sting and Hogan count, but the shine came off those apples years ago.

Mack_Swagger said:
TNA Wrestling has been around for just over 11 years now. They have had their high points (so to speak) and their low points. TNA has tried various times to compete with the global juggernaut that is the WWE. TNA president Dixie Carter recently stated in an interview that she is open to the idea to work with Vince McMahon's WWE to do a "crossover show/PPV". Which more than likely won't happen.

TNA has pulled every trick out of the bag with different kinds of stints. Such as...

-The Main Event Mafia
-The Band
-E.V2 (ECW)
-The Monday Night Wars 2

Did I miss anything here? Still ti'l this very day Dixie Carter's TNA Wrestling is still trying to compete against the WWE. TNA is in the middle between the WWE and ROH in wrestling. But honestly as you being a fan of pro wrestling. Do you want TNA Wrestling to be successful?

yes as a general fan because it creates competition and therefore encourages creative ideas.

from a TNA point of view of course because I feel they are still a wtestling company first and foremost unlike the WWE which now just feels wooden and boring to me.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

I Absolutely loved the stuff that TNA was doing between 2004 - 2006, because it felt like an indy promotion with the roster giving everything to push the company higher and to better places. Part of me wishes I could watch that again, however as a fan of TNA and wrestling I would love to see the company push on and become bigger and compete with the WWE. I honestly believe the talent in the current TNA roster is just as good as that in the WWE it's just TNA don't know how to push and promote them.

Lol wwe boring?.. tna is mind numbingly boring most of the time but never the less of course I want them to be successful I don't hate tna far from it. Its what is best for the wrestling business all round I never use to watch wcw back in the day but I didn't want them to go out of business. Its just that tna no were near have the financial power of the wwe and thats what matters it makes the company better. chances of getting the best talent, quality of back stage staff, writers, the cost of going on the road, cost of ppv, tv and house shows. wwe are in a better position financially and have no problem with it. same as ppv buy rates, sales for merchandise and tickets and all other marketing aspects wwe are far superior that's my main concern for tna. how long can they continue to try and compete with wwe before they go under? it doesn't matter what prodcut is better its all about business more the money more you get an advantage I guess.

-The Main Event Mafia
-The Band
-E.V2 (ECW)
-The Monday Night Wars 2

Yes I want TNA to be successful that would mean both shows would have to get better to compete MMA stars to TNA i don't see as a big deal WWE did that before only guy that had any kind of success was Ken Shamrock but he never got over with the WWE fans that well. I don't count Brock cuz he was a wrestler 1st already known by wrestling fans

WWE is never going to do a crossover show with TNA. There's simply no benefit in working with a smalller company,t hat has contracted wrestlers that are unknown to a casual audience.

I think everyone wants TNA to be successful. Only a true true die hard WWE mark to the bone and or a true TNA hater would say the opposite or otherwise.

WWE is never going to do a crossover show with TNA. There's simply no benefit in working with a smalller company,t hat has contracted wrestlers that are unknown to a casual audience.

They did with ECW in the '90s.

I think Heyman's comments were a bit rich seeing how managed to wing his promotion some time on RAW back in the day.

100% want TNA to be successful and I think they're doing good things right now. The booking is so layered right now that there's always lots going on and everyone's stories seem to be intertwined.

I certainly find is a fresh alternative to what WWE are offering right now. One two-hour show a week is much less of a drag than three hours of RAW at the moment.

As a kid I was a huge WCW fan 96-00 but I still watched WWF it was hard not to with the attitude era . When WWE become the only wrestling company on tv it made the overall wrestling product and with the monopoly WWE had you left with no choice on rather to like it or not and wrestling overall lost alot of fans shortly after WCW and ECW left. With TNA in the game I liked the company since they did weekly PPV shows. TNA is a great alternative for ppl like me who doesn't care to much for the WWE product I respect WWE history but the product itself today is stale to me . With TNA I get to see my fav's from when I was a kid and I get to see the best wrestlers to me in the business and and the future . IMO TNA wrestlers like Angle , Styles, Aries, Somoa Joe, Roode, and Storm put on great matches every time they lace up there boots. I don't know if TNA will every be a threat to put WWE in hot water but if not I'm fine with that because at the end of the day I just want TNA in the business to give us fans an alternative.

I do and I don't. Before Hogan came in I was a big TNA mark. After Hogan came in and made all his changes he completely killed the company for me. Now I could give a shit about TNA or Impact Wrestling whatever the fuck it's being called at the moment.

Well I guess the standard typical answer to this question would be, of course I want TNA to be successful. It offers a product which is different to the WWE. Some people prefer it, others don't, but many at least see it as a viable alternative. It gives wrestlers who are not destined to be on the WWE a place to function and still be on national TV. And of course, it encourages competition between themselves and the WWE which can only benefit the product and force both companies to be better. Sure, I want TNA to be successful.

Truth be told though, it really would matter very little to me if TNA is successful or not or for that matter, if it were to fold or not. Sure, it provides an alternative to the WWE but the fact of the matter remains, very few people, in relative terms, avail of that alternative. The numbers would at least appear to back that assessment up. The people who like TNA really like it but in terms of the numbers of professional wrestling fans in general, it seems that the vast majority of them are WWE people. If more people truly viewed TNA as a viable alternative, I think their numbers would be better. Not that I care about numbers as a casual wrestling fan because I don't. I'm simply making the point that a lack of success by TNA would not be catastrophic to as many pro wrestling fans as some may try to suggest.

In terms of giving wrestlers somewhere else to perform, the simple fact of the matter is, if WWE wanted a particular wrestler and he were interested in making the jump as well, that is likely where they would be. Guys like Sting, Styles, or Joe have shown tremendous loyalty to TNA in the last and should be commended for it. But at the end of the day, if TNA were to fold (not to suggest there's even a remote possibility if this at this time), and if WWE wanted them, they would have somewhere to go. If they chose not to come aboard the WWE juggernaut, more power to them, they could either retire or descend even further into oblivion. But many of them would be desired by WWE and would probably go there by default, so they would still end up on my TV screen ultimately.

Competition? I'm not going to rehash the overly discussed topic of whether or not TNA is truly competition for the WWE. But if anyone thinks that anything WWE does, anyone they employ, or any decisions they make are affected whatsoever by the presence of TNA, they have a totally different perspective from me. WWE goes about it's day to day affairs with little or no thought of affect from TNA. I think it's naive and foolish to suggest that WWE is made a better product because of any competition they feel from TNA.

We recently lost Spike TV from our regular cable package in the city where I live. So in order for me to watch Impact Wrestling now, I have to either change my cable package, or actively search for it online. I've had no interest whatsoever in doing either. And frankly I've not missed it whatsoever, because in the last several weeks or months that I did have access to it, I wasn't watching it anyway. So TNA being successful or not matters little to me one way or the other.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a TNA hater despite what some may believe. I'm not saying I want it to fail because I don't. Because of the wrestlers who are currently employed there, whether it be by choice or necessity, and because of the fans of the product who really do enjoy it, whether they be wrestlezoners or not, I don't wish for TNA to struggle or for the company to fold. All I am saying is for me personally, whether or not TNA is successful really matters very little.

True wrestling fans want TNA to succeed. Wrestlezone, Fat Mark Watts Madden, and all the IWC knobs would like nothing better than to see them go bankrupt.

Seeing as this has been posted in the TNA section, I'm gonna guess that everyone's going to want TNA to continue being successful. You'll obviously get the odd nob that would like TNA to fail and I honestly don't understand them folk. There are 1000s of TV shows out there that I don't enjoy but I couldn't care less whether they continued to be successful or not because if I don't like it I simply take no interest in it.

As for TNA being competition to WWE, I would say they already are. Clearly not on the WCW scale but they are still competing as there are people who have stopped watching WWE once they've realised there is other pro wrestling out there. TNA just don't advertise enough so they will never really be threatening WWE. I don't think I've ever seen an advert for an episode of iMPACT on (English) TV and had I not stumbled across an episode of TNA myself, I doubt I'd even know it was around. Although in recent years Hulk Hogan has made appearances on other TV shows to promote TNA.

I obviously want TNA to continue being successful and I believe they will. For a long time I've thought all TNA need to take themselves to that next level is someone willing to put some effort into their advertising and then I believe they could really start to pressure the WWE. They don't even advertise when they are doing house shows as I remember reading a report on some ECW reunion type show in Philly (where TNA were also visiting in the same week) and most of the people there didn't even know TNA were in town.

I honestly can't think of a reason why I wouldn't. It's a wrestling company; I like wrestling; their success can only be good for me and the company. If they become more successful then the product should improve. Moreover, it will force the WWE to up their game. It is win-win.

There are many guys on the roster who I enjoy watching - some of them have serious talent. It would be great to see these guys do well.

I guess one thing is that if Hulk Hogan was to be at the forefront of their success, I would be pissed. In my opinion, his involvement has coincided with the company stagnating and I don't want a Hulk Hogan TNA to do well.

To me, there's a major difference between wanting to see a company go tits up and just simply not being all that into a lot of what said company puts out.

Personally, I like TNA, as a whole, a helluva lot more than I used to. I started to watch it on a regular basis in late 2007 or early 2008. I'd kind of taken a break from wrestling altogether throughout much of 2007 anyhow, so I got back into watching WWE & TNA around the same general time frame. For me, much of TNA from about mid 2008 until very early 2012 just wasn't any fun. TNA kept rehashing the corporate power struggle/faction wars stuff over and over again to a point where, for all intents & purposes, it was the same angle, only with different players in each spot with nothing else remotely mattering unless it was an angle which was part of the primary storyline umbrella. Watching the company build itself around much older wrestlers based entirely on what they'd done a decade or so earlier rather than what they were able to help deliver now also was a bit turn off and it just went on and on.

Last year though, I thought TNA had its best year in quite a long time when it came to the overall quality of the product. We were seeing much fresher faces being elevated within the company into major spots & programs like Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, James Storm, etc. TNA had finally backed off from rehashing the same power struggle/faction wars stuff that'd dominated its landscape for the last several years. It also allowed wrestlers to be put in a spotlight rather than bunched together in factions that they either didn't need to be part of in order to be and/or get over, nor were they just packed together in huge factions in which one or two guys had a chance to shine with everyone else comes off as nothing but a low level thug. The BFG Series was also a big boost to last year as it provided some of the best wrestling content we'd seen in quite a long while.

As for this year, I think TNA has regressed to some degree. Wrestlers like Austin Aries, Bobby Roode & James Storm have been, for the most part, put into either mid-card or tag team limbo with little to no real purpose, the X Division means even less than it used to as it's now little more than random triple threat matches between interchangeable high flyers. The faction wars storyline is back and has dragged on needlessly, in my opinion, given that the heel faction of Aces & Eights has to be the overall weakest "major threat" in the history of TNA. The return of Jeff Hardy to prominence was a mixed bag for me. It's good to see that he has a handle on his life, the guy's a human being after all, and he did have a handful of spectacular matches as TNA WHC. The downside though was that Hardy, to me, was a generally bland champ even though he'd had the strongest run of his career thus far as a singles champ. I'd say the highlight of the year for TNA, in my eyes, has been the rise of Bully Ray. The angle with Brooke Hogan didn't do much for me as a whole, but Ray's work made it bearable. Looking at the BFG Series this year, based on its lineup, I don't think it'll be quite as hot this year as it was last year because, unless some major booking changes happen over the next several months, Hardy & Styles are really the only babyface guys that have the momentum at this point to be a believable challenge to Ray. Still, there should be some good wrestling content on Impact Wrestling for the next several months if nothing else.

If TNA did rise to be "successful" as the term is applied to WWE based on the numbers, it'd be a testament to the little company that could. As of right now, TNA is really only #2 by default as there's simply no one else remotely close. Even ROH isn't, at least not with its current television deal & set up. I don't want TNA to fail. Even when I've flat out hated what it was putting out, I didn't want it to fail because another big wrestling company is a good thing for wrestling as a whole. As a fan, and as a human being, I don't like the idea of any wrestling company going out of business. Hell, it's somebody's livelihood that's coming to an end and, on an even more personal level, it's someone's dream that's going down the drain. Sometimes, in all the debate, bickering and general criticism; we forget things like that. I know I certainly do at times and it's kind of a shame because we sometimes tend to equate, at least some degree, a small sense of self-worth with whatever wrestling company you like or dislike.

Have to agree with Jack-hammer for the most part. Do we want TNA to succeed? The answer in those terms is a unanimous yes across the board, unless your name is Vince McMahon or one of his kin. Trouble is, a lot of people don't want TNA to succeed as is.

Anyone above saying TNA is boring and will never compete with WWE are in a sense delivering their own self-fulfilling prophesy. As a TNA fan (wouldn't miss RAW or NXT either, by the by) I used to look down on these sorts. 'TNA bashers' who i assumed had little experience to back up their own opinions. Truth be told though, these folks do little wrong. The WWE seal of approval does mean a lot to a good few people, but by and large the TNA product is simply not delivering to certain people what they (perhaps) have to come to take for granted from the WWE experience.

The show is different, the promos are quicker, the commentators suck, Hogan shows up as often as the WWE app gets mentioned and most the heels are hilarious rather than threathening. Not to mention the 90's production vibe. But man-oh-man some of them kids can go. Anytime you hear AJ styles will be wrestling Kurt Angle you should turn your TV on.

Not liking TNA is fine, but one should always be open-minded. Watch the PPVs, there's only four this year. Try slammiversary. Do yourself a favour, if you're lucky you just might like it. And that's good for everyone. If TNA become successful it will be on the merits of striking a nerve that needs striking. All the same though, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?". Open-mindedness is the only thing TNA needs to succeed. They experiment a lot, but are certainly finding their way to delivering a stunning product. They will only succeed if they are allowed to.

I think the TNA/WWE crossover comment is a misunderstanding. from what I read elsewhere it was not Dixie suggesting a TNA/WWE crossover. it was in the UK where a reporter asked if she would ever be interested in a TNA/WWE crossover.

but I don't see it ever happening. why would WWE want to? even if TNA agreed that every match would be won by someone from WWE, simply having lesser known TNA guys being seen by more WWW fans would help TNA.

I would love to see TNA become more successful. I would love to see them get to where TNA wrestlers are more well known to all wrestling fans the same as WWE wrestlers are.
but it always seems that there are things that happen in TNA that just make you wonder, WTF is going on?! 1 step forward, 2 steps back. people thought Russo was bad, but I think Prichard is worse.

They did with ECW in the '90s.

At the time wwe was alot smaller, and didn't even have majority market share let alone almost all as they do today. Also ecw had alot of buzz and had better buyrates and has shown that by afterwards having better ratings than tna has ever had.

This really is a complicated thing. I see four different groups of people in the IWC when it comes to TNA:

1. WWE fans that don't want TNA to succeed period. Frontrunners that know little to nothing about wresting outside of WWE and their revisionist history of other companies.

2. WWE fans that want TNA to succeed, but only as a complementary promotion to WWE. They'll never really be fans of TNA, they just want TNA to succeed at doing things the WWE is neglecting at a particular moment, so it'll catch WWE's attention and they will correct themselves.

3. Old ECW and/or current ROH/Indy fans that want TNA to succeed doing things the ECW/ROH anti-mainstream way. These are the people that think they know everything. They are just waiting for some promotion to come along and vindicate them and their personal preferences for pro wrestling. They have the most animosity towards TNA, because TNA (mistakenly) tried to be exactly that in their early years. At this point they are like bitter exes. They are rooting for TNA to fail so they can say, to quote their idol: "Fuck you you're wrong! Fuck you we're right!".

4.Ex-WCW fans, disgruntled WWE fans, or general wrestling fans that want TNA to succeed and assume WCW's position as the big league counterpart to WWE, restoring the business back to having 2 major promotions competing and bringing the best out of each other instead of one. Some of them hate on TNA out of frustration that they haven't reached that point yet, not realizing that there are so many factors that have nothing to do with the on screen product that keeps TNA from getting to that level. I've said many times on this site before, WWE could swap creative teams with TNA book their guys exactly the way TNA has and it would not make a difference in the ratings.

That's how I see it. I think the majority of IWC fans fall in one of those four categories and you can pretty much tell who fits where by reading their posts. Personally I'm in group 4.

No one wants TNA to fail. There are, however, some TNA fans who are so rabid that they see anything short of a raving approval of TNA as a desire for it to fail. Looking at you, mlp420, the world is not as us vs. them as that giant Jarrett-sized chip on your shoulder suggests.

To answer the question: It depends on what you mean by 'successful'. Some people might mean 'able to continue putting on a television show', which might mean operating at a loss, but continuing to create product. Others might mean 'self-sustaining and profitable', still others might mean 'a ratings competitor to the WWE', and yet others might mean 'successful using their current company structure and employees'.

I want TNA to be a company which is financially self-sustaining and able to compete with the WWE for customers. I don't care which is the 'best' promotion, or the 'bigger' one (although currently, the WWE is the far bigger corporate machine, and it's not even close.) Professional wrestling as a whole is going through one serious downswing now, and the only positive outlook on the horizon is 'well it's always been cyclical, so it must be cyclical this time.' I want a competitive environment in which two companies are able to squeeze each others' balls and force each other to bring out their A-games.

TNA would be more successful if they had some good marketing. TNA is supposedly massive here in the UK but I fail to see how that is possible. I have never in my life seen a TNA ad, commercial or promotion anywhere. That's the problem, if you said TNA to someone they wouldn't think wrestling at all. Hell, Christian stated when he was with them, fans were approaching him and sying stuff like "I can't believe you've retired". (bare in mind it was a few year ago he was with TNA, but my point is still valid.)

I have seen a few comments about a crossover PPV and although I fully agree that it would not benefit WWE in the slightest, I can't help wondering what kind of money the WWE would make if they did allow Undertaker Vs. Sting at Wrestlemaina. Undertaker has dropped a hint he may do a couple more yet and Sting said in a recent interview he would love to face taker and have the chance to wrestle at maina. I would say 90% of fans want to see this match, I reckon Dixie would definitely be up for it, I reckon Taker and Sting would be up for, depends whether Vince and WWE would let it happen. I believe Sting is in the alum pages of the WWE website so would it be the worst thing to let one TNA wrestler get on WWE. Sorry all for going off topic slightly.

As others have said, it would be foolish to not want TNA to be successful. I'm not a huge TNA guy, but if TNA were posing a serious threat to WWE, it would make WWE that much better, and then we'd potentially have two great wrestling products to enjoy.

However, I think the ship has long sailed on TNA being a legitimate contender to the title of number one company. They've made far too many mistakes and I don't see it getting any better, especially with WWE firmly entrenched now as the undisputed king of pro wrestling in North America. It would take a hell of a lot, and TNA just doesn't seem capable of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back