Do We "KNOW" The Undertaker Hasn't Quietly Retired?

RicoLen

Wise Guy
Everyone keeps talking about how his career should end, who should end the streak, SHOULD someone end the streak at all? When will he retire for good. When will he finally make his return after WM27?

Do we KNOW that The Undertaker hasn't retired quietly? Or are we just assuming he's going to come back for another match?

It's been reported for months that he's coming back for 20-0 at WrestleMania XXVIII. That's not going to change. When The Undertaker retires, they're going to make a big deal out of it and rightfully so. The guy's been wrestling for over twenty years now, they can't just have him disappear. It would be a complete injustice to one of the greatest legacies ever.

Well, him being on the Smackdown roster page and the Smackdown opener ceratinly has to mean somethng. The Undertaker is arguably one of the greatest creations from the WWE and like The Champ said, the WWE will probably make a big deal out The Undertaker's retirement. More than likely, we will know if the Undertaker retires especailly since the WWE has pretty much made a big deal out of their recent stars who have retired. If he retires, you'll know.

I agree with The Champ...When The Undertaker retires it will be a huge thing and not something that would be done quietly. I am not sure when the day will come but I will miss him and his character being around. Even though he only appears every once in a while nowdays, I still look foward to his returns and when they finally stop I will be sad to see him go. He was the reason I got into wrestling and has remained my favourite WWE superstar ever since. A lot of people seem to think they know how many matches he has left and exactly what state Marks body is in but only he knows the answer to that and although his long career at the top has obviously had it's effect on his body I hope he has a while to go yet. His character/legacy means more to me than the whole streak thing and I hope he can get fit enough to be involved in at least one more major storyline that is not connected to the streak because I don't think he is danger of becoming a Hogan/Flair just yet.

When he does have to finally retire what role in the company do you think he will take? Or do you think he will get out of the wrestling business alltogether...I know he has had projects outside wrestling on the go already.

I actually think WM 27 was somewhere around a good proximity to a substantial ending to Takers career. The reason most people dont assume he has retired is because WWE would've made a bigger deal about it. I think they realized that WM 27 wasnt as "prestigious" as they thought it would be, even though its the largest grossing Mania it doesnt have much to contribute to WWE history except for The Rock, and they're planning something else with him. If he did in fact have his last match at WM 27 I would be surprised but again its a good way to end it. Taker won, but apparently his "power" ran out.

I'm just looking for some real concrete, objective evidence. This is a pretty simple question... I think.

Lemme go psychologist on you.

It's been reported for months that he's coming back for 20-0 at WrestleMania XXVIII.
By whom?

When The Undertaker retires, they're going to make a big deal out of it and rightfully so.
That is the assumption isn't it?

The guy's been wrestling for over twenty years now, they can't just have him disappear. It would be a complete injustice to one of the greatest legacies ever.
Would it be?

Well, him being on the Smackdown roster page and the Smackdown opener ceratinly has to mean somethng.
Does it?

The Undertaker is arguably one of the greatest creations from the WWE and like The Champ said, the WWE will probably make a big deal out The Undertaker's retirement.
I agree, they probably would.

More than likely, we will know if the Undertaker retires especailly since the WWE has pretty much made a big deal out of their recent stars who have retired. If he retires, you'll know.
You certainly seem sure of yourself. What can you point to as the reason for your certainty?

I actually think WM 27 was somewhere around a good proximity to a substantial ending to Takers career. [...] If he did in fact have his last match at WM 27 I would be surprised but again its a good way to end it. Taker won, but apparently his "power" ran out.
That's a rather provocative observation.

I personally think he will retire when and if he goes 20-0 at WM 28. I could see him doing a WM retirement tour as was discussed a few years ago. I definately don't think he'll retire quietly, as all big names are given a huge sendoff. With all he's done for the WWE in 20 years, you can bet his career will be celebrated like no one else in WWE history.

J.R. said the other day that he hasn't retired, and we will see him back sometime.

Ah, thank you, that's the answer I'm looking for. You'll probably get called on spam because you're not expressing your opinion on the matter, or telling us how you feel about it, or shared some kind of quirky anecdote regarding the answer, but that's exactly the answer that was required.

Sometimes, to the point and factual is better than a long drawn out opinion.

I have been very vocal about The Undertaker for many years and I have stated that The Undertaker is my number 1 ALL Time Favorite wrestler from the 90's starting at the 1990 Survivor Series, his career is top notch he had wrestled some of the greatest hall of famers and legends of wrestling ''Superfly'' Jimmy Snuka, Jake 'The Snake'' Roberts, The Ultimate Warrior, The Late Great '' Macho Man '' Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan and the list goes on. For me when The Undertaker finally retires it will mark the end of an Era the final wrestler that wrestled in the pre New Generation and the last Original WWF Wrestler to wrestle in the Attitude Era and I will come out and say it when he retires I will cry everyone can laugh at me all they want to but I have followed The Undertakers legendary career for almost 21 years he is now since HBK retied the longest active wrestler in the WWE and he surely deserves to be In The WWE Hall Of Fame hell he deserves a whole wing for him self just for his accomplishments. My favorite match of The Undertaker's Survivor Series 1990 his PPV Debut he out shined all the other wrestler in that match Even My All time 80's wrestler ''The American Dream'' Dusty Rhodes but when He does hang up his boots I hope that The WWE goes all out for The Undertaker he deserves a great send off.

Ah, thank you, that's the answer I'm looking for. You'll probably get called on spam because you're not expressing your opinion on the matter, or telling us how you feel about it, or shared some kind of quirky anecdote regarding the answer, but that's exactly the answer that was required.

Sometimes, to the point and factual is better than a long drawn out opinion.

So let me see if I get this straight..instead of just reading the WrestleZone thread that clearly said JR Blog: UNDERTAKER/WMania...you decided to make a thread about it, really? REALLY!?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/242446-jr-blog-undertakerwmania-hardy-and-foley-wwe-returns

How hard was it to go back a whole...3..count them...THREE pages to find the answer to this!? If Undertaker retired everyone would know. He isn't going to bow out quietly. The man that IS essentially WrestleMania. I mean REALLY...
Just incase you are too lazy to copy/paste the link (because I mean you didn't want to bother to even look a few pages back here is the DIRECT QUOTE from JR:
"Do I think that the Undertaker will physically be able to perform at a main event level at future Wrestlemania events. Absolutely. However, if Taker is unable, for any reason not be be what he expects of himself, he will never step in the ring and be less than his best. I do not expect that to happen. I expect to see Undertaker attempt to go 20-0 at WM28 but have no idea against who."

So let me see if I get this straight..instead of just reading the WrestleZone thread that clearly said JR Blog: UNDERTAKER/WMania...you decided to make a thread about it, really? REALLY!?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/242446-jr-blog-undertakerwmania-hardy-and-foley-wwe-returns

How hard was it to go back a whole...3..count them...THREE pages to find the answer to this!? If Undertaker retired everyone would know. He isn't going to bow out quietly. The man that IS essentially WrestleMania. I mean REALLY...
Just incase you are too lazy to copy/paste the link (because I mean you didn't want to bother to even look a few pages back here is the DIRECT QUOTE from JR:
"Do I think that the Undertaker will physically be able to perform at a main event level at future Wrestlemania events. Absolutely. However, if Taker is unable, for any reason not be be what he expects of himself, he will never step in the ring and be less than his best. I do not expect that to happen. I expect to see Undertaker attempt to go 20-0 at WM28 but have no idea against who."

Yup, that's what the forums are there for, asking questions, getting answers, and talking about it. People need to keep that in mind. Lazy my ass, that's called effective, results are what matter. That's the whole reason forums exist and were created.

Your insinuation that someone should have to delve though one massive database to pick out one story that may or may not have to do with what I'm talking about is a lot of needless frustration when you can just ask a question and receive an answer by someone that doesn't troll. Can't believe some people think that the most effective way to find information is offensive.

This thread can be closed. The op got the concrete answer requested.

Yup, that's what the forums are there for, asking questions, getting answers, and talking about it. People need to keep that in mind. Lazy my ass, that's called effective, results are what matter. That's the whole reason forums exist and were created.

Your insinuation that someone should have to delve though one massive database to pick out one story that may or may not have to do with what I'm talking about is a lot of needless frustration when you can just ask a question and receive an answer by someone that doesn't troll. Can't believe some people think that the most effective way to find information is offensive.

This thread can be closed. The op got the concrete answer requested.

But i mean come on man this is the UNDERTAKER we are talking about here. The guy who is undefeated at WM, who has stood the test of time. Has done everything there is to do in the world of sports entertainment. Why would he go quietly? Why would VINCE allow him to go quietly? That would be such a slap in the face to his legacy. Come on...Not trying to come across as a prick but come on man...I KNOW you know the answer to this before even asking! You've been watching the "E" long enough to know better! Give yourself some credit my man!

Trust me.. he isn't retired nor would he just retire quietly... This is The Undertaker were talking of.. One of the most iconic figures in the history of this business. So that means his retirement would no way in hell be a quiet abrupt retirement. Right now he's just sitting back resting.. he'll be back soon enough.

The WWE will give Taker one of the biggest sendoffs ever when the time for that comes. He will at least have one big match left at Mania for "The Streak" if not two more(hoping). I'm not sure who he will face this year.. many say HHH, some say Jericho.. who knows who he will face.

But don't even worry or over think it RicoLen.

Fantasy Wish-Might be off topic, but i would love to see John Cena challenge Undertaker for the Streak. Not this year of course but.. next year if Taker body permits him.

I can see the only way he's gonna officialy go out is the powers of the urn finally reclaim his tortured soul

Or his parents come back as the monks and forgive him for killing them :p

Or Paul Bearer returns and draws the Undertaker back to the urn and one lightning strike and he's gone. Leaves room for him to return at some point and he leaves the same way he came in, noone saw it coming.

Now as to when that is is anyones bet. WrestleMania (his main PPV) would seem the perfect spot or Survivor Series (his debut ppv)

I gotta agree with most, it seems highly unlikely that Undertaker would retire with zero fan fare and no notification.
When he does finally retire, which will obviously be in the bear future, i think it will come at Mania next year. It seems the most fitting IMO and would allow for Taker to have one last epic road to WM feud.

2327070.jpg

When was Undertakers 1st match with HBK at WM? I was over Undertaker and the "Streak" roughly 3 years prior to that happening. I'm sorry, but hes old, the gimmick is far past its expiration, and the guy is a fucking snail in the ring.

His Match with Triple H is at this past years WM is laughable, it was no DQ to make up for the fact that the match would be 50% rest holds, 25% bullshit, and 25% real wrestling.

He's been gone for 6 months and the ratings are still the same as before.

soooooooooooooooo whogivesashitreally?

It's simple.. Undertaker's streak is a larger than life creation and it is a great part of Wrestlemania and to leave it at 19-0 just adds insult to it.. Undertaker knows it and so does the WWE, Undertaker should and I think will go on to 20-0 at Wrestlemania 28.. I don't know against whom but he will..

soooooooooooooooo whogivesashitreally?

Probably everyone excluding you.

To be honest 19-0 doesn't sound right. And there have been talks of him going 20-0 apparently. So I don't think he's retired right now. He's just taking time off to heal and be in the best shape he can be come Wrestlemania. Him going 20-0 might just be the biggest moment in Wrestlemania history but who would he face?

Honestly I can't think of any big time veterans and main eventers that haven't faced him already and aren't booked for Wrestlemania(would have said Cena). So I think it should go to someone young like Sheamus, Barrett, Swagger, or Del Rio. Though if Chris Jericho is back in time for Wrestlemania then he would be the obvious choice.

I don't think 'Taker is just gonna hang up his boots with 19-0. Like I said it just doesn't sound right. I think he has it in him for one more match and that would be his epic 20-0 victory on the grandest stage of 'em all.

Do we KNOW that The Undertaker hasn't retired quietly?

It's an interesting question, isn't it? On the one hand, when have we known WWE to do anything quietly when it comes to their biggest stars? An event as monumental as Undertaker retiring isn't something that would be slipped in under the radar. No, I don't think he's done wrestling yet.

I believe the likely scenario is to see him in the ring one more time. At WM, I think the company will pull out all the stops to provide him with the most interesting, creative match-up they can, something that will draw fans from all over. Yes, it could be Sting.....that would make the most sense because of their WCW common past and the fact that Sting is still ambulatory.

But it could also be Hulk Hogan. Personally, I wouldn't be particularly interested in the match-up, but plenty of other people would. It would be an event; that's for sure......a rematch of "The Gravest Challenge" from 20 years ago. But Hogan would have to be willing to job.....and that's a great big "if."

No, I'm not saying we should get ready for Undertaker-Hogan, but I am saying 'Taker's last match will be something on as grand a scale as that. I doubt WWE is fixing to have his career end with a victory over Sin Cara or Wade Barrett. For that matter, I don't think it will be a face recently familiar to WWE fans. No HBK or Triple H this time. It's gonna be someone from outside.

Then, of course, 'Taker might not be finished after WM. The company will surely try to squeeze a little more from him. If the money is good enough, maybe he'll go for it. Once a year. Make it an annual event until WM68 when he'll participate in the first "Hell in a Wheelchair" match.

I don't think the Undertaker should officially retire. Mark Callaway should go into retirement, but call on someone who looks similar to a young Undertaker to take over the mantle. Sort of like a Buddy Rogers and Ric Flair nature boy thing.

The Undertaker, Hogan match already happend in 2002 and Hulk is not in any shape to put on a decent match but yeah those two going at it in a Wrestlemania match would draw people in I am sure. I think The Undertaker has enough left to put on a good match against a more able opponent than Hogan but going on names alone it would be pretty big. I would rather it be against Sting personally. If Undertaker is only able to come back for one or two more matches I would like to see him return at the Royal Rumble..go on to win it and face CM Punk or Triple H at Wrestlemania for the WWE Championship. Even if that means vacating it the next night on Raw. Like I said before I really hope he has more left in him than people assume.

He will defiantly be in Miami for Wrestlemania. Think he might show up somewhere after the Rumble. As far as the streak goes, I think it is pretty obvious no one is going to break it now, that would be 19 years of work wasted pretty much.

The only reason he has not retired yet is the streak. That's what it is all about for Taker and has been for a couple of years now. He will go 20-0 and then retire because they have probably convinced him to stick around this long for that final match. The streak will never end. It shouldn't. A legend like Taker deserves that as his legacy.

Has he not already quietly retired? We as fans cannot possibly know unless we personally know Taker himself. I think he will return for a final Wrestlemania run and then retire for good once the streak reaches 20-0, what would be left for him to prove after that? Taker has done everything he could have accomplished by now.

Didnt taker debut 20 years ago at Survivor Series? Would be fitting for him to return there. He usually gets wheeled out at Survivor Series anyway.

I think he could return as part of the Triple H/Vince/Punk/Nash storyline going on. Could be a 'mystery partner' in a classic 5 on 5 match. Given Rock is returning it may not make sense to have two big returns but I expect Rock to return to WWE in the weeks leading up to SS anyway.

Triple H could enlist Takers help in some kinda 5 on 5 match.

In fairness Taker doesn't have many matches left in the tank and WWE have plenty of matches worthy of Mania left for him, he hasn't retired as WWE would make something huge of it not getting streached out at XXVII, but that's just my opinion.

Mania 30 will be when Undertaker retires, and between then and now he'll only wrestle at the big ppv's and the odd lower one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back