Do the Uso's need Rikishi to get over?

MINISTRYrising

Championship Contender
Just like the title said, Do the Uso's need Rikishi to get over. While they are a solid team in the ring, we have seen little to nothing of them on the mic and if Rikishi was to return full time to the WWE do you think he could help them out in this department.

I've always been a huge fan of the Uso's and in my opinion they are the best tag team in the WWE. The way the tag team division is right now they are just as over as a few of the tag teams you already see often such as Primo & Epico and PTP, they just haven't really been given the same opportunity. I don't necessarily think they need Rikishi to get them noticed but it would probably help. I don't know where he would would fit in though since I don't really consider him a good enough talker to be a manager.

I bet the Ano'i family has some really cool reunions...

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

No Rikishi... What they need is a real push and time... With hat little exposure they have, they get a decent crowd response. If someone is to give them a rub, it should be a more popular family member... THE ROCK!

I agree with previous posters who said they just need more exposure. Last week when they had the fatal fourway on Raw and then the Tag match with Rhodes Scholars on Smackdown the crowd seemed really into them. I say televise them once a week, maybe give them some mic time, just don't put Rikishi in the corner. The last thing that I want to see are the Usos giving their opponents Stinkfaces

i love the uso's, and i am one of what id suspect is many that want to see them get some real shine. havin there father (he is there father right? or were they umagas kids? i cant remember which) give them a rub is not going to do much good in the long run though... at least thats my opinion.

honestly, i dont think they need any help on screen. sure the rock simply mentioning that they are his blood would be enough to get them a buzz, realistically, but id be more happy to hear rock was working with them personally. pass on some of that fire, that charisma that he has had for most of his career. if rock could coach them and we could see a BIT of rocky in the uso's i think it would be an amazing attribute. i say a bit, btw, im not trying to say id like to see the creation of two rock jr's but with the family ties and what the uso's already have to work with, i think a bit of rock's flamboyance and charisma would be a good thing. plus rock could generally improve jimmy and jeys mic skills either way.

when i think about it though... having them work with rikishi would be a GREAT heel turn for them. of course that wouldnt happen because the tag division is already balanced as far as faces and heels go. BUT it would be good tv if they involved themselves with rikishi just to turn and destroy him. some 'Sins of Our Father' type of stuff would work well for there character development..

The Uso's ARE over.

The main problem isn't screen time, it's that they were brought in when WWE didn't have a tag division. Sure exposure helps, but just listen to the reaction they get when they come out.

With the SLOW re-building of the tag division, Uso's are going to get their exposure. Months ago, who were they feuding with? Primo & Epico, AirBoom...a feud featuring those 3 tag teams can only go for so long until people start getting bored.

As much as I wouldn't mind seeing Rikishi come manage them, they need a mouth piece. Rikishi IS NOT good on the mic. Maybe if he was used as a guide for them and not a mouth piece it could work. What they need is someone like Armando Estrada or Jimmy Hart...someone that is going to be able to showcase who they are when they're not in the ring. Once you get them established, then you can slowly back away from the need of a manager.

They don't need Rikishi, but obviously that would probably help them. They're a great Tag Team with a huge amount of potential. They have been deserving of a Tag Team title run for a while now. I would like to think it's only a matter of time but who knows. They're pretty over with the crowd and always put on great matches, sadly Tag Team wrestling isn't a priority. All they need is the opportunity, all we can do is hope they get that opportunity. As for getting over, just let them cut some promos. Considering we never hear them on the mic, they're pretty over. Put a mic in their hands and i can only see that improving. They can't expect them to get any where if they don't invest in them.

You know what the WWE needs? More of their entrance. It's the best entrance in all of wrestling, I freaking love it. They don't even have to Wrestle, I would be happy seeing them step once for show. Hey they could battle PTP! I mean, I don't know about Darren, But Titus O'neil is a Q-Dog. Boy knows how to step.

I don't think so. Rikishi being their father is the only thing they are known for. And really IMO nobody didn't really pay the Uso's that much attention until it was brought out that Rikishi was their father. It might work, but for me, I loved Rikishi back in the day because of his time with Too Cool, and his post match celebrations. As for me, if he can't relive his glory days with his 2 cool gimmick he's of no relevance. It was really his break dancing ability that made Rikishi a lovable character in the WWE Universe. But his 2 sons are basically generational legacy of the the Samoan Swat Team, or Wild Samoans whatever you want to call them. But Rikishi is going to have to take a new approach if you expect him being ringside with the Uso's will help them further their legacy as a tag team. Just like Their Dad, the Uso's are going to have to fine that defining moment that will capture the eyes of the WWE Universe.

Rikishi is awesome. i love him, but I feel these guys don't need a WWE OG to help them get over. WWE been screwing them over.

The Usos' doing a program with their Dad might be a fun, short-term thing if WWE ever decides to give them a push. Yet, my feeling is that Jimmy & Jey had their chance to shine at the beginning of their tenure and that if Vince McMahon saw star-power in them, they would have attained the heights back then. They had that twin-dance thing they did coming down the aisle that differentiated them from other tag teams......they won a few matches....and then settled into lower-card Hell.

As I see it, their future holds the same "major league fatness" their father possesses. It's in the genes, y'know? That kind of thing will probably hurt them as time goes on, since WWE today accents performers who boast impressive physiques. The Usos' are the beneficiary of the revived tag team efforts with which the company is currently involved. IMO, that's the only reason they're still around.

But since they are still here, a brief program with Mr. Stinkface could be fun. WWE likes to bring back legends for short bursts, and here's a natural pairing of an old-timer and a couple of young bucks. Even though Rikishi brought some oomph when paired with Grandmaster Sexay and Scotty Too Hotty, the team looked visually out of place, for obvious reasons. But a man appearing with his real-life sons could be interesting.....again, in the short term.

The Usos are already pretty over with the casual fans, they always get a big response when doing their US-O chant. They will undoubtadly go on to be players in the tag team divisione tag team division, but at the moment with the focus on rebuilding it, there are too many big names in there for some to compete. I personally think if anyone deserves a push its PTP, they are both brilliant and my favourite young tag team atm.

"Need", maybe not, but I think they will get over a little more, and a little quicker with him in their corner. Also I think Kishi can still give you 2-3 minutes of in ring action still. How about the injustice of them getting a break cause of their daddy... that might perk the interest of the Sheild.. maybe a 6-man tag... or a tag title fued down the road...

I'll say no because i think they are over, they get good crowd reactions. I've heard them on the stick a couple of times and they were fine. Lets face it tag teams aren't ever going to be given 15 minutes to do a promo. So you don't need Punk/Cena skills. They do fine, they also have a really cool entrance and in ring they are sound they have great chemistry.

Now i do think Rikishi could give them a rub but knowing Rikishi's past with a lot of comedy i think it would sour on the Uso's they don't need that. They need to be taken seriously and if Rikishi was to come back i don't think WWE would book him with the Uso's like that.

The Usos dont need, Rikishi...they dont need the Rock, they dont need tamina....they need an actual chance. The Usos haven't evan had a fair push. For the life of me I'll never understand why. Part of getting over is the WWE giving you the chance you. We MIGHT see these guys once every 2 months on Raw, they haven't been booked to win a notable match in God knows when, and they are nowhere near tag team title contention which makes no sense at all. Give them a chance to actually get over. They have the move set, the charisma, the best entrance in wrestling today and the crowd is about as into them as they are gonna get, without a proper push. They just need somebody in the office to care

No, they don't need some fat Samoan who is only over cos he's related to Dwayne Johnson, I seriously don;t get what's so "cool" about Rikishi, the man dances, and knows about 3 wrestling moves, if you can call shoving his arse into people's face a wrestling move, I personally don't.

I don't think so, no.
The reason that they're not as over as say.. Team Hell No, is because WWE under-uses them. I think they are a great tag team. Great ring quality, work together well. It's just a shame Vince doesn't se te potential in them.
Now I think about it, Vince may even do this. It's a horrile thought, cos you would want them to stand out by theirselves, without having a wel known wrestler and part of your family hyping you up as it would make them stale quickl, in my eyes.
Just an opinion, is all.

Rikishi was HORRIBLE on the mic (I did it for the rock, I did it for the people) so he couldn't help them in that department. Just like I said on this forum right after Rikishi's Raw appearance, I'd be ok with the Usos and Tamina (horrible turning her a heel in my opinion) did some sort of Too Cool meets Team Extreme gimmick with dancing and tamina hitting a splash similar to lita's moonsault as I do feel their lack of a good gimmick hurts them

I read a few of the responses to this post and as most of them read the same and I agree but I certainly don't agree that the Uso's need someone in their corner to outshine them. The Rock barely has time to nurture his wrestling career why would he care to improve the careers of someone else? Rock is a brand not a brander. However, I did like the idea of putting someone noteworthy in their corner and turning them heel. WWE had the idea to introduce the modern day samoan. Is there really a such thing as a civilized wildman?

IF Rikishi were to be in their corner it should be as a frustrated wrestler who was forced to dance in order to "get over" instead of embrasing his Samoan roots. Instead of the blonde hair and colorful clothes he could don black traditional garb and black hair. I personally would not be opposed to a Captain Lou-esk manager as their mouth piece.

It looks like we all agree that WWE dropped the ball with these guys big time. Now with another of their relatives on the scene they are only being pushed to the back even farther. A few years ago WWE brought all of these 2nd and 3rd generation kids on the scene and have done NOTHING for them

Just like the title said, Do the Uso's need Rikishi to get over. While they are a solid team in the ring, we have seen little to nothing of them on the mic and if Rikishi was to return full time to the WWE do you think he could help them out in this department.

Like any performer/team, all the Uso's need to get over is a proper push, a storyline to make the fans want to get behind them, believe in them. Having their dad come back may work in initial stages, but not on a full time basis. Rikishis had numerous runs before getting over by wiping his fatt ass in peoples faces, before that he was dull as dish water.

Have them turn heel and decimate teams, savage opponents then place the tag belts on them and give them a long run Demolition style. Thsi would be a good way to start. Hell have them turn on their own father, that would get automatic heel heat

I do NOT think they need Rikishi as a mouth piece of some sort for them to be over. I actually think the USO's are used as poorly as a team could be used in wrestling. Even their entrance was unique and fun to watch. They are one of the few TRUE tag teams left and what I mean by that is the days of tag teams such as Demolition and LOD are long gone but the USO's are from that cloth. No I am NOT comparing them to the aforementioned hall of fame teams, I was meaning they are an ACTUAL tag team not two random guys like Bryan and Kane just thrown together. WWE pushes guys like HELL NO who should be singles wrestlers and they put TRUE TEAMS like the USO's on the backburner.

So what I am saying is I think the USO's would be JUST FINE if the WWE would give them a real chance. As for their lack of mic time. If The Rock and Rikishi were any indication, I think they would be damn fine on the mic too.

I have great respect for the Samoan heritage in wrestling & I enjoy the characters & personas Jimmy & Jey Uso perform as.

That being said they are AWFUL on the mic & acting (just watch any WWE.com exclusive with them), they seem to botch often & never have very fluid or 'clean' looking matches & If I'm not mistaken atleast one was arrested for a DUI or got a wellness violation. Not to mention, except for when they turned face & added the dance, have they ever changed changed, evolved or seemed to improve? I haven't seen any proof.

So while they appear as one of the only legit tag teams & solid competitors, I can see why WWE has not given them many chances. & when WWE does, The Usos never seem to make much of them AKA the cardinal sin for young performers in WWE. WWE just has SO much more young talent they could use in tag teams or other fashions.

So ultimately, unless they really start to improve, I think the Usos will need alot more than Rikishi to get over!

Hell have them turn on their own father, that would get automatic heel heat

I like the idea of having them in the ring with their dad, doing his dance and just break him down right then and there. The reason? Because of his gimmick they have not had the opportunity to be taken seriously in the WWE. Their dad is so loveable that people will hate them. Then have Jimmy Snuka get a little bit of it while trying to talk sense into them and defend their heritage. Snuka gets the beatdown and Tamina (sp?) enters into the picture again. Is she upset or "sorry pop it's just business?" Tamina does a heel turn and take the place of Karma in the diva's division.

Damn it I just wrote an entire storyline. I should get paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back