do the people in HoF deserve to be in?

• Thread starter new "FN" jack
  • Start date

do the wrestlers in the hall of fame deserve to be in?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

new "FN" jack

for my hundred post I wanted to make a good thread so I thought of this.

Do the wrestlers in the hall of fame deserve to be in. I mean people like bret hart do but it looks like they just put "old wrestlers" in it. even if they were terrible wrestlers and no one knows them.

what do you think?

If you are referring to the WWE Hall of Fame, then everyone who is in it deserves to be in. The WWE HOF is a joke anyway which anyone who was a recognizable name would likely to end up in it eventually, even if they weren’t “great” wrestlers. One of these days the likes of Brooklyn Brawler and Doink the Clown will be inducted into the WWE HOF. The only Hall of Fame that matters is the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame.

Well its really a trick question. There are people that do deserve (Brett Hart, Hulk Hogan etc) but some REALLY dont. The refridgerator??

Sean :D

To be honest with you I think first of all they should rename the "WWE Hall of Fame" to "Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame" The "WWE" name, whilst it is a good marketing tool, really does limit things.

In answer to the question set, I do not believe that all of the people in the Hall of Fame deserve to be in it. Take for example Eddie Guerrero, God rest his soul. Whilst he was definitly a great wrestler, he did not deserve to go into the HOF this soon. There are many others, than still need to be inducted, and you have to think if he was still alive today then there would be no chance of him being inducted.

What about other deceased wrestlers? Curt Hennig...The British Bulldog...Rick Rude?! The list is endless.

i agree with steve, Eddie Guerrero, definetly DOES NOT deserve to be in it, i agree with the other guy about the Refridgerator, and that black jack dude, and the Verne Gagne dude, im sure there's more but they definetly dont deserve it. i also hope Rey Mysterio NEVER gets into the Hall of Fame either cuz he waits for people to die then makes his move for someone to say, "hey, lets give Rey a push and he can say he did it for Eddie." im a Eddie fan, if that just offended anyone, im sorry, but i just cant believe someone should get pushed because of someone else's death, you have to work to earn your push. again, apology for anyone who was offended.

SiciliazMan85 said:
i agree with steve, Eddie Guerrero, definetly DOES NOT deserve to be in it, i agree with the other guy about the Refridgerator, and that black jack dude, and the Verne Gagne dude, im sure there's more but they definetly dont deserve it. i also hope Rey Mysterio NEVER gets into the Hall of Fame either cuz he waits for people to die then makes his move for someone to say, "hey, lets give Rey a push and he can say he did it for Eddie." im a Eddie fan, if that just offended anyone, im sorry, but i just cant believe someone should get pushed because of someone else's death, you have to work to earn your push. again, apology for anyone who was offended.

So Rey hasn't earned a push? He hasn't worked just as hard as anyone in the company? It's funny how people go from respecting the guy to hating his guts. I doubt Rey wanted a push because of Eddie's death. Looking at Rey's ability, I think it's obvious that he would have been pushed with or without Eddie's death. SmackDown would have needed him anyway with all their injuries and whatnot.

^^ He has a point. Rey didnt nag and plead for a push, but it was because of eddie. WWE were wrong IMO doing that, its damn disrespectful.

Sean :D

Wait, why don't the Blackjacks and Verne Gagne deserve to be in the HOF, because you've never heard of them? That's ridiculous. The Hall of Fame is about preserving and celebrating history, not just what this generation remembers.

Oh, and if the Hall of Fame is to be the "Wrestling" hall of fame then there is absolutely no doubt that Eddie Guerrero deserves to be in it. If it's just the WWE hall of fame then I can understand, but the WWE owns WCW now, so I'm sure it's included. The other names mentioned, however, definitely should be in as well and probably should have been put in before Eddie.

No... A lot of names are in the HOF and deserve it, but there are also a bunch who dont deserve it at all!

SiciliazMan85 said:

And the Verne Gagne dude? That about says it all. Granted to me, some are questionable ( Valentine, Santana) and others that just plain don't deserve it (Perry), but overall, I don't have a problem with most of the people in there. But wow..the Verne Gagne dude.

I say so on most of em. I will just go with the class of 2006 as my examples:

Guerrero--Not yet, only got inducted cause he died, lets face it.
Hart--Y
Okerlund--N
"Refrigerator" Perry--N
Black Jacks--N
Gagne--Y
Tony Atlas--Y
(I think that was about it)

FLUFF said:
I say so on most of em. I will just go with the class of 2006 as my examples:

Guerrero--Not yet, only got inducted cause he died, lets face it.
Hart--Y
Okerlund--N
"Refrigerator" Perry--N
Black Jacks--N
Gagne--Y
Tony Atlas--Y
(I think that was about it)

You forgot Sensational Sherri

You don't think Mean Gene belongs in there? It's not all for wrestlers you know.

^I know, I just don't like Gene and don't think he really deserves it. As for Sherri, yeah, she deserves to be in it.

SiciliazMan85 said:
That Verne Gagne dude deserves to be in ANY wrestling Hall of Fame, even if he never wrestled for the WWE. He was only a former 10-time AWA World Heavyweight champion and one of the better technical wrestlers of his time. I am borderline about Eddie and Rey.

Verne Gange http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verne_Gagne

Championships/Accomplishments
American Wrestling Association
10-Time AWA World Heavyweight Champion
1-Time NWA United States Champion (Chicago version)
1-Time NWA United States Champion (Minneapolis version)
1-Time AWA Omaha Heavyweight Champion
5-Time AWA World Tag Team Champion (with Moose Evans, The Crusher, Don Leo Jonathan, Billy Robinson and Mad Dog Vachon)
National Wrestling Alliance
4-Time NWA World Tag Team Champion (Minneapolis version) (with Bronko Nagurski once, Butch Levy once and Leo Nomellini twice)
1-Time NWA World Tag Team Champion (Texas version) (with Wilbur Snyder)
1-Time NWA World Tag Team Champion (Chicago version) (with Édouard Carpentier)
1-Time IWA Heavyweight Champion
1-Time NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion
2-Time NWA Texas Heavyweight Champion
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
He is a member of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (inducted in 1996)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
(PWI) ranked him # 158 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003.
(PWI) awarded Verne the 1986 Editor's Award for service to the wrestling community.
WCW Hall of Fame
Inducted in 1993.
WWE Hall of Fame
Inducted in April 2006.

That sounds pretty legit to me. He never even wrestled for the WWE.

And the list of people he helped train is impressive.

Verne trained or helped train 93 wrestlers, including:
Ric Flair
Gene Anderson
Ole Anderson
Lars Anderson
Ricky Steamboat
Curt Hennig
Bob Backlund
Iron Sheik
Paul Ellering
Jim Brunzell
Greg Gagne
Blackjack Mulligan
Brian Knobbs
Jerry Sags
Scott Norton
Ken Patera
Larry Hennig
Jimmy Valiant
Baron Von Raschke
Brad Rheingans
Buddy Rose
Sgt. Slaughter
John Nord
Jimmy Snuka
Bill Irwin
Scott Irwin

As for The Fridge, he's in the "celebrity wing" for having participated in a Royal Rumble. I supose his being in the "celebrity wing" is slightly less lame than if the put in Drew Carey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back