Dixie Releases New Impact Lineup: New Logo, New Time Slot, New Show

SpecialFNK

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Dixie tweeted this new logo for impact Wrestling.

Dixie Carter ‏@TNADixie

I want to share with you first the new @IMPACTWRESTLING logo! Now share with your friends. LOTS more to come today!

B4gYNHOCEAA4FA7.jpg:large

looks like the 6 sided ring is incorporated into the logo.

Dixie also says "LOTS more to come today", so it will be interesting to see what else develops.

--

UPDATE:

(Silver Spring, Md.) – Brace for IMPACT! Destination America iskicking-off the New Year as the new destination for professional wrestling following the announcement that Discovery Communications and TNA (Total Nonstop Action) Entertainment have signed an exclusive broadcast deal bringing IMPACT WRESTLING to the only network dedicated to celebrating the people, places and stories of the United States. IMPACT WRESTLING debuts on Destination America with a special LIVE broadcast on Wednesday, January 7 from 9-11 PM ET, televised from New York City’s legendary Manhattan Center. IMPACT WRESTLING will move to its permanent time slot on Fridays from 9-11 PM ET beginning January 16 on Destination America.

Miss a matchup or just can’t get enough? Check out IMPACT WRESTLING: UNLOCKED on Saturdays from 10 AM-12 PM ET beginning January 17 for a reloaded edition of the previous week’s IMPACT WRESTLING that will be a whole new viewing experience featuring extra content and never-before-seen footage.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...ICA-PINS-DOWN-DEBUT-DATE-FOR-IMPACT-WRESTLING

--

There you have it — the "details" Carter was talking about earlier. A live broadcast to kick things off for January 7th, a move to Friday nights in the same time slot they've always been in and new programming.

As a designer, I'm not a fan. The letter-spacing is all off, the blue bar/slash thing is way too close to "IMPACT", etc. Not that the last logo was all that great either, but this just doesn't do it for me.

The old-old logo actually did a better job than this of incorporating the six-sided ring into the design.

tna.jpg

Personally, I’d have played off that rendition, with a similar style type-face (big, thick, bold) but would have gone with all caps across the board IMPACT with the exclamation mark utilizing the six-sided ring as part of it. It’d just have a much stronger overall appeal IMO than using whatever font it is they downloaded to do this one. I can’t pinpoint it, but I’ve seen it used before. In fact, I’m pretty sure if I took a few minutes I could find it and quickly re-create this myself by searching DaFont.com.

The whole thing just isn't very good. The designer in me is going to be annoyed every time I see it, but thems the breaks. I'm much more interested and focused in/on the product itself. Plenty of products out there have bad logos. It's not the end of the road. You can find success in spite of bad branding.

So in this sense, I’m much more interested in whatever else she’s revealing.

Looks like something for action figures. But anyway, I'm more curious of it's animation. It already beats the shitty "Impact Wrestling" logo we've had since 2011. Although the "Impact" logo from 2010 was the best they've done.

It looks ok, but that's it. I understand that they want to do rebranding, but the logo before seemed fine. When I see this new logo it reminds me of a pack of razors or something. Its as if it's missing something that will make it pop. But Dixie says there's more to come so I'd like to see what's next on the horizon.

As a designer, I'm not a fan. The letter-spacing is all off, the blue bar/slash thing is way too close to "IMPACT", etc. Not that the last logo was all that great either, but this just doesn't do it for me.

The old-old logo actually did a better job than this of incorporating the six-sided ring into the design.

Personally, I’d have played off that rendition, with a similar style type-face (big, thick, bold) but would have gone with all caps across the board IMPACT with the exclamation mark utilizing the six-sided ring as part of it. It’d just have a much stronger overall appeal IMO than using whatever font it is they downloaded to do this one. I can’t pinpoint it, but I’ve seen it used before. In fact, I’m pretty sure if I took a few minutes I could find it and quickly re-create this myself by searching DaFont.com.

The whole thing just isn't very good. The designer in me is going to be annoyed every time I see it, but thems the breaks. I'm much more interested and focused in/on the product itself. Plenty of products out there have bad logos. It's not the end of the road. You can find success in spite of bad branding.

So in this sense, I’m much more interested in whatever else she’s revealing.
Ima gonna go ahead and disagree (and kinda agree) with you here, also as a designer.

I totally see what you're saying about the six-sided ring being better incorporated in the old logo, but it was overly subtle, for a business where subtlety is not a positive trait. In the new logo, yes, it is just a hexagon next to words, but it puts the six-sided ring in your face- and if TNA's going to try to use a six-sided ring to distinguish themselves, they might as well go full force.

I completely agree with you about the spacing and font choice. If you look closely, a lot of the lines aren't even. It's not quite kerning, they're just slanted different. It's not a bad logo, but it's something I could whip up given a few days to think about it, and I'm not a great designer, I just hack along well enough to get by at what I do.

I also know that font too (the "wrestling" part), but I can't for the life of me place the name of it, which is a pain I'm sure you know all too well.

Ima gonna go ahead and disagree (and kinda agree) with you here, also as a designer.

I totally see what you're saying about the six-sided ring being better incorporated in the old logo, but it was overly subtle, for a business where subtlety is not a positive trait. In the new logo, yes, it is just a hexagon next to words, but it puts the six-sided ring in your face- and if TNA's going to try to use a six-sided ring to distinguish themselves, they might as well go full force.

I completely agree with you about the spacing and font choice. If you look closely, a lot of the lines aren't even. It's not quite kerning, they're just slanted different. It's not a bad logo, but it's something I could whip up given a few days to think about it, and I'm not a great designer, I just hack along well enough to get by at what I do.

I also know that font too (the "wrestling" part), but I can't for the life of me place the name of it, which is a pain I'm sure you know all too well.

Both are actually fonts. The "spacey" futuristic one (I have same spacing issue, and it's gonna drive me crazy) is actually the one I have more of an issue with since it's so prominent and because it's designed to look creative, when creatives know it isn't.

I'm OK with the hexagon shape. I'd rather it be more subtle personally, but it's actually the thing I dislike least about it. What's killing me is the spacing. There's no breathing room anywhere in this logo within the text areas and the blue line.

Looks very similar to The Avengers movie logo:
0FS0rrc.jpg

Aside from that, I like that it's quite different from the previous logos. The best thing I've noticed is that it doesn't include the letters TNA. I'm still hopeful they finally drop that gimmick and truly start fresh.

(Silver Spring, Md.) – Brace for IMPACT! Destination America iskicking-off the New Year as the new destination for professional wrestling following the announcement that Discovery Communications and TNA (Total Nonstop Action) Entertainment have signed an exclusive broadcast deal bringing IMPACT WRESTLING to the only network dedicated to celebrating the people, places and stories of the United States. IMPACT WRESTLING debuts on Destination America with a special LIVE broadcast on Wednesday, January 7 from 9-11 PM ET, televised from New York City’s legendary Manhattan Center. IMPACT WRESTLING will move to its permanent time slot on Fridays from 9-11 PM ET beginning January 16 on Destination America.

Miss a matchup or just can’t get enough? Check out IMPACT WRESTLING: UNLOCKED on Saturdays from 10 AM-12 PM ET beginning January 17 for a reloaded edition of the previous week’s IMPACT WRESTLING that will be a whole new viewing experience featuring extra content and never-before-seen footage.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...ICA-PINS-DOWN-DEBUT-DATE-FOR-IMPACT-WRESTLING

--

There you have it — the "details" Carter was talking about earlier. A live broadcast to kick things off for January 7th, a move to Friday nights in the same time slot they've always been in and new programming.

This move by TNA is starting to rejuvenate them for me. But unless they find a solid venue to stay at, get some more talent, and a much better writing staff (bring back Russo!) then it's going to be for nothing. I can't blame Dixie for being at a loss right now, because this is still her first time running a company and the only one there to help her now is basically Kurt Angle. Not saying Kurt isn't good, but he's one guy. I really hope TNA can pull through and get that momentum back. I want to see more companies get national, and even international exposure. More wrestling is always good.

Logo is horrible. Like everything I have ever learnt about marketing, that logo does everything bad. They're using a gradient in 2014. I hope this is an alternative logo solely for the TV show and that they have a proper, better graphical one for the TV show. As I've said I'm going to give them another chance to impress me when they start on Destination America and already this is a pretty uninteresting/poor start in-terms of look for that show.

The new show is cool, that's their big advantage from going to Destination America, so that they can get that extra programming, but the timeslot is weird. Between 10am - 12am on a channel like Destination America. In Ireland we have Sky Digital and I don't go near the subscription based channels on a Saturday morning, always go straight to the sports channels (just for the cheap pop, Soccer AM brother!)

The Friday timeslot is smart. They're not competing with anyone now. Smackdown is going to Thursdays, Lucha Underground is on Wednesdays (it only has like 19,000 viewers so it wouldn't cut into TNA's viewership anyway I would imagine), Raw on Mondays. I will give them some advice though - set-up a way to watch Impact online through their own website. Dave Meltzer said they should do this too because that way they can start building their online presence up so that just in-case anything does happen in the future it's a back-up.

From a personal standpoint I was disappointed to hear the first run for episodes will be on Fridays. I love myself some IW but just isn't going to work with my schedule. I know I can watch it later but I'd like to contribute towards their ratings plus Live Discussion makes the shows much more entertaining.

From a personal standpoint I was disappointed to hear the first run for episodes will be on Fridays. I love myself some IW but just isn't going to work with my schedule. I know I can watch it later but I'd like to contribute towards their ratings plus Live Discussion makes the shows much more entertaining.

Are you a Nielsen family member?

Based on the Friday night/Saturday morning timing I almost feel like they are looking to increase their kid demographic. Although 9 - 11pm isn't exactly family hour.

My biggest complaint is why is this coming from Dixie? She may be the greatest business woman in the world but she needs to realize that the audience looking for TNA information or comes upon TNA information doesn't want it coming from her. These messages should be coming from the performers or some new - gulp - authority figure.

Are you a Nielsen family member?

Based on the Friday night/Saturday morning timing I almost feel like they are looking to increase their kid demographic. Although 9 - 11pm isn't exactly family hour.

My biggest complaint is why is this coming from Dixie? She may be the greatest business woman in the world but she needs to realize that the audience looking for TNA information or comes upon TNA information doesn't want it coming from her. These messages should be coming from the performers or some new - gulp - authority figure.

They should bring back someone respected to deliver news like this as an on-screen authority figure. Isn't Kurt Angle like the GM of Impact or something? Or is he no longer? ROH uses Nigel McGuinness, they actually gave him that on-screen role because fans hated Jim Cornette so much but nobody hates Nigel. I'd say TNA should bring back Jerry Lynn but hes working for ROH now too. Just bring in a legend everyone likes. Mick Foley, Roddy Piper, Kerry Von Erich.

I really don't like that logo. Like, really really. Couldn't they just use 99 Designs or something to whip up something nice? I know there's a chance of it leaking but whatever. Even better actually. Companies "leaking" information is a new type of viral marketing it seems.

And who does their press releases? That's some lazy ass work. Especially with the logo announcement. Oh let's just plop a dark blue logo on a black background, fuck it. I'm a PS junkie and it's also irritating me. Nothing that will make me remember it. But anyway, that can always change.

As far as the time slot and the new show go .. well I don't care about the time slot, I live in Europe so whatever. The new show might be nice. I'm just glad TNA is doing something and D.A is really pushing for them. It's refreshing to see. They got a TV contract, now fire the boys up, come up with some nice storylines and have a ball. That's what I wanna see.

And change that damn logo halfway through the year or something. It's bugging me so bad.

I'm glad overall about the show coming back. But I think the Friday slot coyote potentially hurt them. You have the occasional Bellator events on Spike, Cottle that with the NBA games on ESPN. Now being that Smackdown is back on Thursdays TNA could capture that audience, but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back