DirecTV Facing Loss Of TNA Programming Midnight tonight – Details

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Viacom is currently threatening to pull all of its programming from DirecTV at midnight due to an ongoing dispute over rights fees. The network, whose channels include Comedy Central, Logo, BET, Spike, TV Land, Nick@Nite, Nickelodeon, TeenNick, Nick Jr., MTV, VH1, MTV2, Tr3´s, CMT and Palladia, says that they will pull the programming if a new deal cannot be reached; that would result in TNA losing access to over 20 million DirecTV customers.

DirecTV says that Viacom is asking for a huge fee increase, while Viacom counters that DirecTV wants to pay them less than any other carrier currently in business with the provider and that they have already been paying a lower rate, as their current contract is seven years.

Source

TNA Urges Fans To Call DirecTV and demand they don’t drop Spike TV. The number is (800) 531-5000.

[youtube]1ElzrVvvu5A[/youtube]

Good thing I have comcast!

Not a big deal for me as I rarely watch impact live and I can always watch it on YouTube. The bigger deal is directv potentially losing Mtv.

Damn I thought they would reach a deal in the last minutes but I guess not. Was just watching repo games on Spike and now the channels down, should be interesting to see how long this last.

latest update

All of Viacom’s channels, including Spike TV, have now gone dark on DirecTV. The two companies failed to get an agreement worked out regarding carriage fees, meaning that Spike, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, VH1, CMT and other channels have become unavailable for DirecTV customers. The previous contract expired over the weekend.

“We have absolutely no problem compensating Viacom fairly, but they have now knowingly put our customers in the unreasonable position of either accepting their extravagant financial demands or losing some of their favorite TV shows,” said DirecTV EVP Derek Chang. “We feel our customers should not have to pay more for these networks than the customers of any other TV provider. We reiterated this to Viacom today and have not heard back from them.”

DirecTV added that Viacom demanded the channels get taken down and said, “We asked Viacom to allow us to keep the channels up while we continue to negotiate, but they refused. We’re working diligently on a new agreement to keep making these channels available at a fair price to our customers.”

There is no word on when the agreement might come or if the channels will come back by Thursday for Impact

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back