Different type of Wyatt Family Question

chicagokmc

Getting Noticed By Management
Back in the day, when lady wrestlers were more than just "divas", some of the wrestling stables had female representation. NWO, Dangerous Alliance and even DX are examples where the women weren't just eye candy and valets.

I'm not a fan of grossly increasing the size of the Wyatt family because I think they do a great job of doing more with less. But a small addition here or there, if done properly, could make sense. If you were to add a wrestling (not just eye candy) female to the Wyatt Family, who would you add and why? I don't think it's that much of a stretch adding a female. If you recall the promos from last summer, there were females there as part of the Wyatt flock. Let's assume we're dealing with the current roster (and NXT) only.

I'd say Eden not too familiar with her but with the whole GOD/Wyatt thing a Diva named Eden could work. A rework of a sister abigal gimik might happen but with a limited roster of Divas its hard to say. they are all eye candy & no natalia types.

In a perfect "fantasy" world, Sister Abigail was made for Sherri Martel....but alas, that can't happen.

As for a new member...I wouldn't mind a more serious Bayley (from NXT) as her character now has a naiveté that can be manipulated by Bray. If she can pull off the committed "crazy" needed...it would be a good look.

Back in the day, when lady wrestlers were more than just "divas", some of the wrestling stables had female representation. NWO, Dangerous Alliance and even DX are examples where the women weren't just eye candy and valets.

I'm not a fan of grossly increasing the size of the Wyatt family because I think they do a great job of doing more with less. But a small addition here or there, if done properly, could make sense. If you were to add a wrestling (not just eye candy) female to the Wyatt Family, who would you add and why? I don't think it's that much of a stretch adding a female. If you recall the promos from last summer, there were females there as part of the Wyatt flock. Let's assume we're dealing with the current roster (and NXT) only.

Wait...hang on, who were the lady wrestlers in the nWo and Dangerous Alliance that weren't there primarily for eye candy? The ladies in the nWo were Miss Elizabeth, Torrie Wilson, April Hunter and Major Gunns. Not exactly the cream of the crop when it comes down to being more than eye candy. As for the Dangerous Alliance, they had Madusa but it's not exactly as if she did anything other than simply be a woman. Unless you wanna count beating up Paul E. Dangerously after he kicked her out. As for DX, it's true that Chyna wasn't eye candy. She had bigger muscles than Shawn Michaels and the sort of chiseled, square jawline male movie stars dream of having.

As for a female member of The Wyatt Family, I'm not really sure there's really anyone in NXT who fits the bill. There are too many glamorous, prissy types like Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Summer Rae or Eva Marie. However, I think there are some on the main roster that MIGHT be able to pull it off. For instance, considering that Paige is billed as the Anti-Diva, I think she has a chance of pulling it off. I'd also say that AJ Lee has what it takes, she's definitely shown that she can play the role of a crazy chick. If all the Diva had to do was essentially look intimidating, Tamina could probably do it. If they were able to portray Natalya as being someone that's just fed up with how she's treated and just snaps, I think she'd have a chance of fitting the bill. Hell, I'd even give Emma a shot if it broke her from whatever the hell it is she's doing. The girl's got the in-ring ability, but this dancing bit she's doing, or whatever, is a dead end.

Wait...hang on, who were the lady wrestlers in the nWo and Dangerous Alliance that weren't there primarily for eye candy? The ladies in the nWo were Miss Elizabeth, Torrie Wilson, April Hunter and Major Gunns. Not exactly the cream of the crop when it comes down to being more than eye candy. As for the Dangerous Alliance, they had Madusa but it's not exactly as if she did anything other than simply be a woman. Unless you wanna count beating up Paul E. Dangerously after he kicked her out. As for DX, it's true that Chyna wasn't eye candy. She had bigger muscles than Shawn Michaels and the sort of chiseled, square jawline male movie stars dream of having.

As for a female member of The Wyatt Family, I'm not really sure there's really anyone in NXT who fits the bill. There are too many glamorous, prissy types like Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Summer Rae or Eva Marie. However, I think there are some on the main roster that MIGHT be able to pull it off. For instance, considering that Paige is billed as the Anti-Diva, I think she has a chance of pulling it off. I'd also say that AJ Lee has what it takes, she's definitely shown that she can play the role of a crazy chick. If all the Diva had to do was essentially look intimidating, Tamina could probably do it. If they were able to portray Natalya as being someone that's just fed up with how she's treated and just snaps, I think she'd have a chance of fitting the bill. Hell, I'd even give Emma a shot if it broke her from whatever the hell it is she's doing. The girl's got the in-ring ability, but this dancing bit she's doing, or whatever, is a dead end.

I thought Jacqueline, back when she was wrestling, was in the NWO too, but any way fair point.

My thoughts were also Paige and AJ. If it was Paige, I would have outed her as a Wyatt family member as soon as she beat AJ. I guess you still do it now since she still seems to be a bit of loner and not diva-ized yet. AJ just made sense to me given her on screen history of being mentally unhinged at times.

I don't know if I like the idea of a woman being part of the Wyatt family. It seems like too much of a rehash of Serena joining the Straight Edge Society.

Having a woman join, in my opinion, takes the eeriness and intensity out of the group.

If they were going to try it, I honestly can't see anyone on the roster right now fitting the bill.

For your consideration, this gal thankfully hasn't retired yet:

[YOUTUBE]DvXrmKRGK7U[/YOUTUBE]

Aja Kong is what would happen if Stan Hansen and Muta's nightmares formed a focus group to determine what might manage to make them shit their pants with fear. Aja Kong is the type of gal who could make The Undertaker follow the script for fear of getting his ass pulverized for being a diva. Put Aja in the ring with any male performer for five minutes, she'll humble him so badly that he'll have preferred to have Andre the Giant check his oil instead.

When it comes to the Wyatts, Aja would be the only female performer that I think could compliment that kind of posse.

There aren't any Divas on the roster I'd be crazy about joining up with The Wyatts, if I had to suggest one it would have to be Paige. For one she's got momentum and so does the family, joining forces could be a smart move and could potentially be a hit. On top of that theres the simple fact that in terms of look and her being the Anti-Diva she's the best fit physically.

I get the AJ suggestion with her being able to play up the psycho roll and if she could retool her image and the peppy entrance I could see that but I'm not as sold. I would hope that a Diva would come up in the ranks from NXT or elsewhere that fit the profile and jumped in, with the right gal that would be a hell of a start to a career in WWE.

Or we could just throw Eva Marie in there and all get a good laugh out of it. :lmao:

If The Wyatt Family ever had a female member, it'd have to be Luna Vachon. Luna was a morbid, depraved woman who not only wrestled women, she also wrestled men as well and held her own against them. Luna Vachon was one of the most prominent anti-divas after Sensational Sherri. Her promos were intense and would've meshed with Bray Wyatt's rambling promo style. Her high flying move set and her character easily could've put her in line to be Diva's Champion. Luna's look definitely goes with the Wyatt's look as well.

For anyone who's never seen a Luna Vachon promo-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr5dLRwxoyI

What about Sara Del Rey??!! Def. not your typical Diva: 5'10", 155 lbs, doesn't look like a "model" and looks "mean". She's currently I believe still in NXT, not doing anything worthwhile. While my personal choice would be AJ b/c of the previous mentally unstable story lines, likely the crowd wouldn't buy it. Thus Sara Del Rey, who the crowd hasn't seen, or at least not much of at all

I think 3 people in this case is more than enough. What does adding a female to the stable really do for the Wyatts?

The Wyatt family is about getting Bray over and a female member, or just adding another member in general doesn't really help, unless there is some major perfectly executed plot, which I dont have faith that WWE can execute without getting bored of it 2 weeks in.

Another thing with the female wrestler is oversaturation. If Bray has a match or an angle in the show, and Harper and Rowan have a match and then somewhere in the 3-hour RAW the female has a match. I think it would be too much Wyatts on the TV constantly. Not to mention their music would be played too much.

I think having sister Abigail just as his dead sister is enough.

THO,tho tho tho, for my personal pleasure, I wouldn't be against someone like Kharma joining. Isn't anyone curious what would have happened if she didn't get pregnant? And, from recent pictures, she is in way better shape than before and lost a lot of pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back