• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did We Just Witness Kurt Angle's Last Match?

Of course we have just witnessed Kurt Angle's last match in a TNA ring. Isn't it obvious? I mean he took off his boots and laid them down in the middle of the ring. That has to be it, doesn't it? The only question which remains to be answered is will he be the RAW anonymous General Manager, the guest host at Wrestlemania 27, the mystery figure of 2/21/11, or if Angle had his way, all three?

Of course I am joking. There is no way in hell that Angle is ending his TNA tenure in such a low key manner. It's not like he hasn't done retirement angles before, and ended up sticking around. Angle will clearly be back in TNA, continuing the feud with Jarrett, which will ultimately result in Angle going over Double J. Good triumphs over evil in the end in professional wrestling, doesn't it?

Mind you, if I was affiliated with TNA in a management capacity and I saw Angle shopping for a new trench coat and cowboy boots, I think I'd be a little worried.

:)

Dixie said that plan A for they was not the original Mafia. Whether or not we believe that remains in question. I wonder if Plan B was put into place because Kurt said enough and he wasn't going to be paraded around in a story like this. Kurt is one of the best ever. I feel like this is beneath him. I wonder if maybe he said screw it, I'm done. Maybe this is why Plan B occurred. Being the professional that he is, he did the job. And now is done.

Of course we have just witnessed Kurt Angle's last match in a TNA ring. Isn't it obvious? I mean he took off his boots and laid them down in the middle of the ring. That has to be it, doesn't it? The only question which remains to be answered is will he be the RAW anonymous General Manager, the guest host at Wrestlemania 27, the mystery figure of 2/21/11, or if Angle had his way, all three?

Hey that makes perfect sense HHF. It means that Kurt is actually throwing his old boots away and getting new boots. Now maybe he has developed a sudden liking for cowboy boots. That makes perfect sense. Kurt Angle is coming back to the WWE!!! ITS TRUE! ITS TRUE! [/markout]

Don't worry I am just kidding as well. Kurt has a one year contract with TNA and he is certainly not going away without honoring that. He has a part to play in this storyline and we all know how much retirements matter in pro wrestling. I'm guessing that he won't be wrestling for a while, at least not until Dixie wins the court case and declares Kurt's original retirement at Bound For Glory 2010 null and void.

Judging from his performance last night there is no doubt that Kurt still has a lot left to offer to pro wrestling. I do think that this might be his last year in TNA however.

...did we honestly just witness Kurt Angle's last match in TNA? Why or why not?

Kurt Angle will not wrestle for a while, but he'll eventually go back to the WWE. Hell, he might even be a coach for Tough Enough. Come on. You all know that Kurt's last match will be in a WWE ring. Any wrestler, with any type of potential, will abondon the sinking ship before it reaches the bottom of the ocean. Why? Just imagine crawling back to daddy well after you've squandered the inherantence; you wouldn't have the nerve.

I hope to god it is Angle's last match with TNA, I desperately want him to have one more run in the WWE before he really does have his last match.

But no, it was not the end of Angle, or the angle between Angle-Jarrett. Kurt can get some time off, again, and make a return. They do this retirement angle with Angle too often, and I'm tired of this angle with Angle being involved in all of these crappy angles with TNA, but what can you do, TNA books like crap. And putting Jarrett over Angle has caused real heat for me, so maybe it did its job.

I can see this being all storyline. I picture Kurt insisting it's over for him and he's retiring and thats that. You can then have him disappear for a bit and Immortal slowly begin to take control of the feud.

This can then lead into a storyline where you have whoever is leading the 'resistance' to Immortal, presumably Dixie begging Kurt to come back and take Jarrett out. Kurt can continue to resist until he finally comes back kicks Jarrett's ass and has a nice happy celebration in the ring with his kids.

Sadly I feel as though poor Kurts career is going the way of Mick Foley in the year of wrestlemania 16. Too many time did mick retire in that year only to come back and retire again! Hes not the only one guilty of it though. Ric Flair in WCW made a bad habit out of it too. I certainly hope kurt doesnt join the boy who cried wolf club. That would be a shame. Save it for a major ppv with emotional buildup. Not silly reality tv wannabe stuff. Have a good day folks and good luck kurt.

I don't believe for a second that this is Kurt Angle's last match. The whole storyline is horrid. Jeff Jarrett shouldn't even be winning these matches, but I guess it helps to add fuel to the fire. I think if Kurt were to actually retire, he'd do it in grand fashion against someone more 'noteworthy' and in a match that didn't add such personal story angles to it. It should be in a higher capacity and quality.

I'm actually surprised people think this was Kurt's last match in TNA.
are these WWE fans hoping he returns there? really?

the whole leaving the boots in the ring was total set up, to make you believe it's an end. it continues things with a deep personal story line. do you really think Kurt wants to go out of TNA like this? how would his real kids that also have Jarrett around as a father figure think of their daddy quitting because he can't beat their step father?
this just makes you want to watch more to see what happens.

It is just Angle selling how the outcome of the match effected him. I would not be surprised if they did not wrestle again until Lockdown though. Sometimes a retirement that obviously isn't real is meant to interest you in the story of how does he end up getting back in the ring, not make you believe he actually quit. In this case I think there are quite a few interesting options for that first scenario.

As soon as Tazz acknowledged the boots in the ring, it was a work. If it was spur of the moment, they'd have ignored it. Hate the storyline though. It's awful. But Kurt will wrestle again.

I don't think this is Angle's last match by a long shot. His contract does expire this August if I'm right. I don't think Dixie will let Angle go. He will eventually sign a new contract whether he is wrestling or not. Dixie will probably reinstate him on the big 3/3 show. I don't know why Angle put his boots in the middle of the ring since the stipulation of the match didn't ask for his retirement. I guess if you get beat by Jarrett with your kid's custody on the line, retiring is the least of your worries.

I see him stepping back in the ring sooner than later. At this rate Kurt Angle will have more false retirements then Terry Funk.

I can't believe Kurt had his last match last night. Angle WILL have the Ric Flair style end-off when he decides to call it quits. He won't go away quietly. He is one of the biggest names in pro wrestling, so you can be sure he will get a grand finale style exit.

I think TNA is just trying really hard to make the Angle/Jarrett feud even more personal. Jarrett and Karen will probably rub this loss in Kurt's face, and Kurt having to give Karen away during the wedding vow renewal ceremony will deliver another low blow to Kurt's pride. It's not like this feud needs any more personal drama, because I think they've went way over the top already by involving the kids. Anyway, these two will meet inside the squared circle again somehow. This feud isn't over by a long shot, and I can see these two settling the score at Lockdown.

I would be shocked if that was actually his last match i.e. his retirement, meaning that NO I don't think it's his last match. Honestly, I don't know what him leaving his boots in the ring was all about. I got the explanation I'm not saying I don't know what it was supposed to symbolize. I don't get why they had him do that in the first place. It doesn't make any sense to me, almost anyone would have to know that this is not the end for Kurt Angle.

The one thing that I do feel some people are wrong about though, is that he could leave TNA and just return to WWE like nothing ever happened. I don't think the WWE really wants him, and feels that they don't need him. If you recall they released him because they wanted him to take some time off, and because he had a serious problem with pain killers that they wanted him to address. Kurt didn't agree, refused to take the time off or seek out any help for his problem with the pain killers, and as a result WWE sent him packing. I doubt that they want to take any risk with him, or his problems. I'm sure they could use him, they can find a way to use almost anyone. I just don't foresee WWE ringing his phone should he be retiring from TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back