Did TNA Drop the Ball with Crimson?

No, I'm telling you at Against All Odds the 6-man tag shouldn't have been an 8-man tag, because that angle is all set up now to have Steiner and Terry feud (they're having a pose-off this week on iMPACT!), as well as Beer Money Inc., and Gunner & Murphy feud over the TNA World Heavyweight Championships. Why would Hernandez feud with Crimson when he's already feuding with Matt Morgan? Why would Crimson jump right past Abyss, who he attempted to murder not a few weeks prior only to enter another feud? That would just give oodles of fodder to TNA's nit-pickers who love to pick up on and exploit all of TNA's most minute short-comings. All you'd hear had this happened is "Yeah, remember Abyss, the guy he tried to kill? Guess TNA doesn't understand logic..."

I see your point, and you're right, because the match did set up two feuds, but Crimson is feuding with not just Abyss but all of Immortal, and Hernandez was doing nothing at the time but cutting a promo with Matt Morgan. We've seen him aligned with the Immortals, even if he's a glorified mercenary. Crimson could have easily been a dominant force and Abyss (who's selling the injury so his absence makes sense) could return on 3/3/10 and attack him to set-up the feud. I just think it would have been better to see Crimson, in some form, during the match. Was he even at ringside? (I honestly don't remember if he was there.)

Even if it wasn't, that point is moot – Crimson is set to feud with Abyss, regardless of who "They" actually were. Even if They was the MEM, he'd have no "place" there, either, because he's not a former World Champion anyway, so him having anything to do with Fotune is irrelevant. I already explained this before — Angle, Steiner and Crimson are aligned with Fortune. They are not a part of it.

He would have a place because he was their messenger. The Main Event Mafia could have gotten away with one non-World Champion, especially one that was doing their bidding. The guy is freakin' huge, dangerous and loyal, and he's brand new so it's not like he was a Frontline member who had gotten too cocky. Besides, didn't they have two goons that worked with Angle who were nobodies? Weren't Sharmell and Traci Brooks technically members of the MEM? By that logic, they couldn't have been a part either. And you're right, Angle, Steiner and Crimson aren't a part of Fourtune. So what are they? BFFs? (Part of me wishes they had a name for their separate part of the group, but that's not important to the debate.)

Wrong, because he'd still be feuding with Abyss, guy. Had the MEM have returned, they'd still be facing off with Immortal regardless, and even if Fortune hadn't turned, you'd be seeing Crimson v. Rob Terry or Kazarian at max, so what does it matter?

He is fine where he's at right now.

So where is he at? Sitting backstage? Hanging out with Steiner comparing tattoos and ties? And what's Crimson doing until Abyss gets back? Waiting? I think it does matter if he faced Rob Terry or Kazarian or anyone. Why not give him a jobber to destroy? Why not beat the hell out of Robbie E. or Orlando Jordan or some random new guy? Or maybe give him a mic to threaten Abyss and say, "Hey, you come back and I'll finish the job!" If not that, just give him a travel board game or a deck of cards and a kitchen timer while he waits for Abyss. Point is, why not invest more time in establishing Crimson more? We know he swings a mean nailed 2 x 4 into the backs of people and can scare Jeff Jarrett in his exhibitions. A little more time on camera with an activity would do wonders for Crimson's future 6 months from now, not just in the next 3 weeks.

I see your point, and you're right, because the match did set up two feuds, but Crimson is feuding with not just Abyss but all of Immortal, and Hernandez was doing nothing at the time but cutting a promo with Matt Morgan. We've seen him aligned with the Immortals, even if he's a glorified mercenary. Crimson could have easily been a dominant force and Abyss (who's selling the injury so his absence makes sense) could return on 3/3/10 and attack him to set-up the feud. I just think it would have been better to see Crimson, in some form, during the match. Was he even at ringside? (I honestly don't remember if he was there.)

Hernandez also didn't join Immortal until the iMPACT! following Against All Odds, so it would have been pointless to have him return that night like that.

Crimson wasn't at ringside though, to my recollection.

He would have a place because he was their messenger. The Main Event Mafia could have gotten away with one non-World Champion, especially one that was doing their bidding. Didn't they have two goons that worked with Angle who were nobodies? Weren't Sharmell and Traci Brooks technically members of the MEM? By that logic, they couldn't have been a part either. And you're right, Angle, Steiner and Crimson aren't a part of Fourtune. So what are they? BFFs? (Part of me wishes they had a name for their separate part of the group, but that's not important to the debate.)

Right, which is the same place he'd have been in as a part of Fortune +. I don't see the difference. Either way he'd have been loosely associated with the group, though not actually a part of it.

Angle, Steiner and Crimson are simply Angle, Steiner and Crimson. They are loosely associated with Fortune for the time being and will continue with their singles feuds as a means to make up the larger picture. They don't require a name, because they're not a group, just three singles stars bound by a common cause — eliminating Immortal.

So where is he at? Sitting backstage? Hanging out with Steiner comparing tattoos and ties? And what's Crimson doing until Abyss gets back? Waiting? I think it does matter if he faced Rob Terry or Kazarian or anyone. Why not give him a jobber to destroy? Why not beat the hell out of Robbie E. or Orlando Jordan or some random new guy? Or maybe give him a mic to threaten Abyss and say, "Hey, you come back and I'll finish the job!" If not that, just give him a travel board game or a deck of cards and a kitchen timer while he waits for Abyss. Point is, why not invest more time in establishing Crimson more? We know he swings a mean nailed 2 x 4 into the backs of people and can scare Jeff Jarrett in his exhibitions. A little more time on camera with an activity would do wonders for Crimson's future 6 months from now, not just in the next 3 weeks.

He was just in a main event tag team match two weeks ago. Him missing two weeks of iMPACT! is not going to bury him, dude. Be patient.

What does him burying Robbie E in a three minute throw-away match do for him or for anything? They're not building him as a Goldberg -type, so what's the point? They could use that time to dedicate to the actual feuds like they've been doing.

Hernandez also didn't join Immortal until the iMPACT! following Against All Odds, so it would have been pointless to have him return that night like that.

Actually you're off on this one. I think Hernandez joined Immortal before Against All Odds because Bischoff recruited him the same night as the Matt Morgan vs. Mr. Anderson World Title Match (the one before AAO where Jeff watched on a ladder), which led to Hernandez attacking Morgan to cost him the match, then Anderson when the Immortals joined in. Hernandez's promo with Morgan was at Against All Odds. The crazy Border Toss that nearly broke Douglas Williams' head off was the Impact after Against All Odds.

Right, which is the same place he'd have been in as a part of Fortune +. I don't see the difference. Either way he'd have been loosely associated with the group, though not actually a part of it.

Angle, Steiner and Crimson are simply Angle, Steiner and Crimson. They are loosely associated with Fortune for the time being and will continue with their singles feuds as a means to make up the larger picture. They don't require a name, because they're not a group, just three singles stars bound by a common cause — eliminating Immortal.

After thinking about it, you're right on this point. Crimson referred to them as THEY, so he could be portrayed more like Hermes in Greek mythology. He was a messenger without being an actual god. The storyline would have him probably being the same, so I'll give you credit for that. I could be wrong.

As for Angle, Steiner and Crimson, I guess they don't need a name. Angle is pretty much on his own vs. Jarrett anyway, and with Steiner vs. Terry, and Crimson vs. Abyss, they'll all be busy and help each other only when they get outnumbered.

He was just in a main event tag team match two weeks ago. Him missing two weeks of iMPACT! is not going to bury him, dude. Be patient.

A main event tag match that showed nothing. Wasn't that match just a beatdown of Kurt Angle? I wanted to review it on Youtube to see if I missed anything and all I see is Angle getting beat up by 9 people. I'll give you credit: it's a main event match, but how does it establish Crimson? I can be patient, and I can wait until whenever or even never, but obviously someone cares enough to start a thread wondering why Crimson has been a red shadow the past few weeks.

What does him burying Robbie E in a three minute throw-away match do for him or for anything? They're not building him as a Goldberg -type, so what's the point? They could use that time to dedicate to the actual feuds like they've been doing.

Burying Robbie E. tells the wrestling audience, "Hey, this guy is dangerous in the ring and outside the ring." Right now, he's a mystery, which can be a good thing, but only if that's the point. Currently. they're not building him up as anything more than a manager\bodyguard type, and even that isn't doing much because he's not around. Is he like Goldberg (dominant monster-face)? Is he like Brock Lesnar (powerhouse with lots of wrestling ability)? Or is he Rob Terry (big, dumb muscle)? If it's supposed to be a mystery, they should build him up and let the audience anticipate his in-ring debut, the same way Jericho was built up in 1999.

Plus, you could still sell the feuds they're doing. Why not have him squash Gunner or Murphy? Why not have him face Rob Terry, and Immortal jumps him, resulting in a DQ, and have Steiner and Beer Money save him? It sells the Immortals vs. Fourtune and Friends feud, and it gives the audience a taste of his ability, since he hasn't done anything alone except Jarrett's exhibition. And as for wasting time on Impact, I'd rather see what Crimson really has in a singles match with Gunner or Murphy than see 10 minutes worth of Jeff and Karen Jarrett getting massages and having bad wine (a feud that has LONG been established). Cut just one of those segments and you could have a 3 minute match involving Crimson and still show Mr. and Mrs. Jarrett on their vacation.

Wait, I knew that the IWC thinks that it's way above everything pro wrestling related - but you can also see into the future?!

Crimson had HINTS of getting a push, he never got a push officially. He's had two matches on iMPACT for God sakes.

You must also consider the fact that TNA's original plan was to bring in the Main EVent Mania, where Crimson would've surely been a key figure against Immortal and Fourtune. FOURTUNATELY (hehehhe) that never happened, and Crimson is taking a back seat like Steiner, until TNA figures out a way to incorporate him into "Plan B" which is Fourtune turning face. That's all that it is.

Crimson will get his push, and I hope it's a nice, slow build up. The last thing TNA wants is a Sheamus.

People forget the small amount of TV time they have. While pushing Crimson would be a good deal given his initial outing, there's still too much left behind. Hell, we've gone two weeks without Matt Morgan. The man was headlining PPV's not that long ago. The issue isn't Crimson or TNA. It's their limited airtime.

I am surprised that TNA have not made more use of Crimson on TV since his debut, but there is plenty of time for him to become more involved, have a few matches etc

His debut was excellent and I know he is talented in the ring, but as TNA have had to reshuffle the whole storyline and what we are seeing now is their plan B, Crimson just hasnt been a priority as of late.

I think he will get his chance when things settle down a little bit, hopefully in the near future as he has the tools to become an important member of the roster. I hope they do not blow it with him

He looked pretty good last night. I was skeptical how well he could make that finisher work but it looked great and Magnus is no small guy. I think he will get a win streak going and be built up that way. Match with Abyss should be interesting for the size factor. It has been a while since TNA has had two sizable guys that can actually work go at it.

He looked pretty good last night. I was skeptical how well he could make that finisher work but it looked great and Magnus is no small guy. I think he will get a win streak going and be built up that way. Match with Abyss should be interesting for the size factor. It has been a while since TNA has had two sizable guys that can actually work go at it.

Yeah he looked pretty good last night. What was the name of his finisher i didn't catch the name? Anyways his match with abyss should be good because they are about the same size and height.

The last two were probably Matt Morgan and Hernandez who are going to re-enter their feud again anyway, but otherwise I agree — Crimson looked great. That finisher is sick. He's gonna have an issue planting it on guys of increased size, though. Magnus isn't small, but he's not huge, either. I can't see him effectively pulling that move off on a guy like Hernandez (or Abyss for that matter), for example.

Yeah he looked pretty good last night. What was the name of his finisher i didn't catch the name? Anyways his match with abyss should be good because they are about the same size and height.

Finisher is called 'Red Alert'.

@IDR, thank you for the name of the move. Its a nice move for a guy his size, but i wonder if its going to work on Abyss? As i said before he was great and in my opinion he has a good future in wrestling, unless something tragic happens.

Jury is still out on this guy. Positives - has a couple of nice transitions in his move set, looks very intense, has a good physique and look. Negatives - stupid name, so-so to sub-par on the mic and a finisher that he is not going to be able to pull off on anyone larger then him (I watched his most recent match against Magnus and it looked like he struggled when he was swinging him into position for the second phase of the finish).

All of the negatives are things that can be improved upon, so, given the possibilty that he has a healthy work ethic and a love for the business, he can work his ass off and become a very well rounded performer.

Storyline wise, well, it was hard to take things seriously when Abyss was trundling out with a spiked board stuck in his nervous system centre. But given time, if he gets a few good feuds under his belt and is given the chance to improve, I think he will be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back