Did Heyman send the Shield after Punk

ASKane

Championship Contender
Most people believe that it is the Authority that sent the Shield after Punk however I don't think it would be impossible to think that it could have been Paul Heyman who gave the order. Heyman was last seen getting beatdown by Punk and Heyman has used the Shields services before. It could help lead to a Punk vs Lesnar feud and could get Heyman back on TV. Heyman could cut a promo where he says he has always been able to rely on the Shield to get the job done and had a new job for them. It would be the first WWE surprise in a long time that actually has some logic behind it.

Your Thoughts

I don't think it would be much of a surprise, to be honest. Heyman has denied involvement with the Shield countless times, as has The Authority. Do I see it being possible? Yes. Undoubtedly. I just see Heyman coming back to TV with Lesnar by his side, and that would be the only way to keep Lesnar buy-able as a threat, considering the guy has no mic skills whatsoever. I think the whole Heyman/Shield/Lesnar vs Punk idea shouldn't happen because the Heyman/Punk saga has seemed to have ended. We've seen so much of it over the past few months, that it's become dry and stale. Punk got his hands on Heyman. That should be it. The End.

Honestly, I doubt that's the way they are going to go. Especially with reports of HHH v Punk coming around, it would make a lot more sense to have Hunter say "I was sick of you constantly pipe-bombing my authority" and build a feud from there if it were to happen but if Heyman does claims responsibility for the Shield, where does that leave Lesnar? The Beast not being used, surely it would have to infuriate him to see a young group of upstarts preferred by Heyman to him? Just my two cents

I can't see a Heyman/Shield/Lesnar vs Punk sort of feud. But I can see Heyman eventually admitting that he had involvement with The Shield all along. This would all work better against Ryback. I hear they might turn him and Axel face at TLC, so the idea for the most part is good, just not for Punk. They could start the Heyman/Shield/Lesnar stuff the night after TLC. Ryback and Axel in the tag team main event vs Punk and Bryan or something like that. Towards the end of the match when Ryback looks to finish Punk or Bryan, Heyman appears on the titantron, Shield's music hits and Heyman and The Shield come out, Punk and Bryan leave the ring, The Shield take care of Axel no problem, Ryback still standing in the ring, Heyman says he has other plans for Ryback. Brock Lesnar's music hits and out he comes. They go at it with Brock Lesnar standing tall.

I can't see a Heyman/Shield/Lesnar vs Punk sort of feud. But I can see Heyman eventually admitting that he had involvement with The Shield all along. This would all work better against Ryback. I hear they might turn him and Axel face at TLC, so the idea for the most part is good, just not for Punk. They could start the Heyman/Shield/Lesnar stuff the night after TLC. Ryback and Axel in the tag team main event vs Punk and Bryan or something like that. Towards the end of the match when Ryback looks to finish Punk or Bryan, Heyman appears on the titantron, Shield's music hits and Heyman and The Shield come out, Punk and Bryan leave the ring, The Shield take care of Axel no problem, Ryback still standing in the ring, Heyman says he has other plans for Ryback. Brock Lesnar's music hits and out he comes. They go at it with Brock Lesnar standing tall.

I really hope the Heyman/Punk storyline is done for a long time, cause it was getting pretty bad for a while.

But this idea here sounds good. I mean too bad Heyman already said he's done with Ryback and Axel, cause something like this could of made for a decent feud and match with Heymans guys Lesnar, Ryback and Axel being a 3 man group (for least 1 match) against the Shield. Of course with Lesnars stupid contract that wasn't really an option, but would of been cool to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back