DH Smith: The Stable Decision

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Did WWE make the right move of joining the forces Tyson Kidd & Natalya Neidhart with DH Smith to form the Hart Dynasty OR should they have gone with the suggestion of enlisting DH Smith into Orton's stable, The Legacy, as their bodyguard/enforcer/big man?

WWE could have gone either way when it was time to decide where DH Smith should go.

Personally, I think creative should of given The Legacy DH Smith simply because of the experience & credibility. DH Smith being shown week in week out on the 'flagship' brand meant this:

- Tangoes or even rubs from the ME superstars of Cena, HHH & others
- A massive Orton rub. Smith's size & power combined with Orton's tutorage could have equaled one bad ass machine. Like Batista in evolution.
- A chance to hone his charisma & mic skills on the entertainment brand. As from what I've seen, his initial wrestling ability is fine. Look what they did with Jack Swagger.
- Legacy would become a stronger & more powerful force, giving a little bit more credibility as a dominant stable. When they formed I went WOW! Now, if the Legacy are booked strongly I go WOW! With Smith, more things could of been accomplished & more realistic as well [beatdowns against or from The Legacy].

Kidd & Natalya were doing just fine by themselves over on ECW. Kidd & Natalya could of ever formed an intergender tag team or gone into singles competition. Either way here they could of gone for the titles after they were established. I can buy these two as tag or singles champions [Yes, I do realise how improbable it would be with this duo, but thats right now. We shall see in the future]

If Smith was with Legacy on RAW & Natalya/Kidd on SmackDown/ECW gaining momentum by the second, WWE could have worked a storyline where Smith breaks away from the group or the group eliminates Smith after a major event [anyone see history repeating itself here???]. He then goes to SmackDown & pairs with Natalya/Kidd to form the Hart Dynasty.

Any thoughts?

[NB: Not sure if the thread goes here & I apoligise if its in the wrong area in advance. Only guessed SD as Smith was on SD. If needs to be move or merged please do so.]

Yeah, I think Kidd would've done just fine as a singles guy, but let's face it: the tag team division was dry as a desert the past 3 months (arguably longer, but Miz and Morrison being broken up seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back) and WWE wanted to remedy that situation sooner rather than later. Legacy had a team already, and Kidd-Smith was a successful team in FCW, so why not try them up here and throw in a nostalgic element to it (just the word Hart brings back some mighty fine memories)? I feel like DH Smith would've done fine in Legacy, as well, but if they wanted a big man they could've just picked up Ezekiel Jackson and say he's Ahmed Johnson's stepson or something. I agree that something just doesn't seem to click about this team, but I think Smith will be succesful regardless, as will Kidd. If I were booking on SD, I'd have Kidd with the IC belt by this time next year, but they want him in a tag team to bolster the division. I think they're gonna do the same with Tyler Reks and bring up Johnny Curtis at some point. Point is, the WWE saw a deficiency in tag teams, and WWE jump-started the division (or at least attempted to) by sticking theguys together like they were in FCW.

I think that Smith is much better off in the Hart Dynasty then he would be in Legacy. Even though Legacy is higher profile, DiBiase and Rhodes are little more than punching bags right now, and Hart would be joining them in that role. On the other hand, the Dynasty is lower profile but are a very solid midcard force with loads of potential. Being in the Hart Dynasty is much better for his future.

Does it really matter who was the other two in Legacy. Lets be honest Priceless meant nothing to Legacy when it started, and even to a lesser extent now. Smith wouldn't have stood out at all, and I think giving him a solid pairing with someone whom he is familiar with is awesome. Tyson, and Smith are a real tag team. Priceless is nothing compared to The Hart Dynasty. Smith will make a name for himself once he realizes his potential, and views Kidd as a simple "kid", or excess baggage.

Definatley better in the Hart Dynasty. Being in Legacy wouldn't do anything for him, he'd just be another bitch for Orton. Being in the HD is far better for his career and now they are on SD they have a great chance of making themselves an established tag team and could go for the titles within a couple of months.

I think The Hart Dynasty is the better move, just because of the memories, if Tyson bulks up just a bit by that like gains like 20-30 pounds, he'd be just like Bret, and Smith is a lot like Neidhart so yeah. Just because of the memories I think it's a better move, plus the Hart name is a much more established name in wrestling than 'The Legacy'. Besides if the Teddy Jr. face turn rumors are true, it's probably the end of Legacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back