Dean Ambrose was clearly added to the match so he can take the fall, right?

NegativeFeedback

Mid-Card Championship Winner
WWE pulls this shit all the time, and the last time they did it was just a few months ago at the Rumble. They advertised Cena/Brock a few times, but when it came down to writing a finish, they didn't want any of them to take the pin, so they added Seth in there to do it.

Now, it's the same thing. Seth is going to retain so he obviously can't take the pin. They don't want Randy to take the pin either since he just got pinned at ER. And they also don't want Roman to take the pin because he's still Cena 2.0. They even randomly included RYBACK in a #1 Contender's match last month so Randy can have someone else to pin other than Roman.

Now that all these guys need to be protected, they're randomly adding Dean into the match. He's just there so Seth can pin him and keep both Randy and Roman looking strong.

Maybe. Doesn't really make sense though. Orton can take the fall just as easily.

Don't get why you're complaining though. Regardless of the motive, it's still a massive upgrade for Ambrose.

What is wrong in this method I am not getting it , WWE always do this. See in wrestlemania Seth pinned Roman not Brock because Brock was more important than Roman and right now Randy and Roman is more important than Dean.
You know wrestlemania cashing was the first time when in successful cashing champion was not pinned.

I might slip off the tin foil hat, no offence. Seems a little ridiculous to add a man to a match just to take a pin when there's plenty of other finishes where Rollins can retain. Interference, distraction, foreign objects, fist full of tights, and so many other options out there.

I think Ambrose was added because they want consider him important and they want him to be recognized. Ambrose had nothing else going on, and he adds a fresh dynamic to the match. Orton, Reigns, and Rollins have all been circling the title scene for quite some time.

Then again, you could be right and Ambrose lays down for the champion. Time will tell.

It doesn't matter he's taking the pin or not. Be glad that one of the most deserving guy to be in the Main Event the IWC wanted over the last few months finally getting a surprised Spot Light. This could be the beginning of something new.

I remember some news I read on the main page few years back that Randy Orton is considering to be a part timer. So it's the best time to push all the new young talents. Dean Ambrose is more deserving for this. As the Fatal Four Way will most probably be a No DQ match it'll be interesting to see Dean using his Hardcore tricks!

This can be the beginning of road to the World Championship for Dean even if he lost this one. He could win MITB and try to make it more legitimate that this guy has already been on chasing the title!

Cheers!!

IWC: PUSH AMBROSE!
WWE: Ambrose can be in the title Fatal 4-Way for the fucking WWEWHC, which is WAY above anything else he's done in the last 6 months.
IWC: YOU'RE NOT PUSHING HIM THE WAY I WANT YOU TO!
WWE: /sigh

Jesus motherfucking Christ. Let Ambrose sleep through the night before you Internet Knights of WWE Booking Justice decide to shit on his push into the main event. All three Shield members AND Orton in the Main Event ensure that it's going to be great.

WWE: Ambrose can be in the title Fatal 4-Way for the fucking WWEWHC, which is WAY above anything else he's done in the last 6 months.

Jesus motherfucking Christ. Let Ambrose sleep through the night before you Internet Knights of WWE Booking Justice decide to shit on his push into the main event. All three Shield members AND Orton in the Main Event ensure that it's going to be great.

I admit, my first thought was, yep, Ambrose will take the fall in the main event of Payback. After that thought settled in, I didn't care. AMBROSE IS IN THE MAIN EVENT. He main evented Hell in a Cell, too. Did he main event TLC? He did main event last years Payback vs Evolution if I am not mistaken.. this likely won't be his last dance closing out a show. WWE has faith in him. Could he win a lot more singles feuds? Sure. Even that has not derailed how over he is with the live crowd. All three former sheild members are MAIN EVENTING a pay per view as singles wrestlers. Pretty awsome if you ask me. Can we enjoy the match, not whether Ambrose will get "buried."

It could be something as simple of holding off on going with Reigns vs. Rollins just yet. I think a lot of people assume we're getting Lesnar vs. Rollins at Summerslam, I tend to believe that's when we're getting Rollins/Reigns. Adding Ambrose makes me believe Rollins vs. Ambrose is going to be our title program to kill time until Summerslam. Ambrose and Rollins have ridiculously good chemistry.

Yeah, CLEARLY....

What a stereotypical "IWC comment"... finding the negative in absolutely everything. Who gives a flying donkey if Ambrose takes the pin... it's his first ever shot at the WWEWHC. That's HUGE. Plus, he should take the pin in the grand scheme of things. He's not at the level of Reigns, Orton or Rollins just yet and can afford to take a hit. Just being in the match is a step up for Dean... just enjoy it.

Can we enjoy the match, not whether Ambrose will get "buried."

He's not getting buried even if he does get pinned. Good God.

Ambrose is my favourite and I'm thrilled to see him finally get into the main event, where I feel he belongs. Putting him into the match throws a wrench into the works. I think it will be a great match, and I'm looking forward to it.

Although I still think there is a slim chance that something will happen to take him out of the match before it happens.

Now that all these guys need to be protected, they're randomly adding Dean into the match. He's just there so Seth can pin him and keep both Randy and Roman looking strong.

Maybe that's just what they're doing, yet the fact Dean Ambrose has a lot of fans (for a midcarder) means it will be a disappointment for them if he's there just to take the loss. Lots of folks probably figure his inclusion in Payback is a promotion for Dean.

Given his popularity, does anyone wonder why he isn't at main event level already? I keep thinking the company must have a reason for this. Now, he's suddenly thrust into a match in which he could walk away with the world championship......even while no one seems to expect that to happen.

Fact is, any main event performer, no matter how high up on the food chain, can take a pin. There are a seemingly unlimited number of dirty maneuvers that can be used to have a guy lose. In the match mentioned by the OP concerning Randy Orton at Extreme Rules, he took the loss, yet it was by foul means and the fans understood he wasn't pinned cleanly ......thereby costing him nothing in rep. That's one of the great things about pro wrestling; anything can be accomplished.....or explained away......with good writing.

The pen is mightier than the sword?

Presumably.

I like Ambrose, but I found it baffling that he has suddenly found himself on the main event scene after being on such a colossal losing streak. Yeah, he beat Harper, big deal. So did Ziggler, eternal enhancement extraordinaire! I kind of feel like the former shield members appearing together like this in a match should be reserved for a more important PPV than Payback...

What if this is a heel turn? What if Ambrose is there to take out Reigns or Orton as they are about to best Rollins? Could be an interesting way yo go. Though I doubt that will happen.

lol so true. who cares if he gets pinned even, it should be a good match either way.

Yeah, CLEARLY....

What a stereotypical "IWC comment"... finding the negative in absolutely everything. Who gives a flying donkey if Ambrose takes the pin... it's his first ever shot at the WWEWHC. That's HUGE. Plus, he should take the pin in the grand scheme of things. He's not at the level of Reigns, Orton or Rollins just yet and can afford to take a hit. Just being in the match is a step up for Dean... just enjoy it.

Yeah, this is spot on. Even if Deano does take the pinfall- and he probably will, it's still a step up for him and getting a spot in a title match on a PPV is a big deal!

I hope that if he IS the one who gets pinned in the end, that WWE allow him to get alot of offence in, and make hi look a genuine threatto Rollins. If Ambrose has a good, strong showing in the match then a loss at the end won't hurt him at all, this match could solidify him as a main event level talent if booked right.

Why the hell did they select Ambrose? Everyone knows the Universe and the ISEC want Big Show. Hopefully this curtain jerker title match gets swept under the rug in favor of Show vs. Kane in twenty minute standoff of power moves. j/k

There is entirely way to much emphasis placed on a W or a L. Who cared who does the job. The entertainment comes in the journey. These four have the potential to put together an epic match. When Ambrose was added my interest level went through the roof. Payback went from I might have something else to do to a can't miss.

Well, they still didnt had that big "Shield fallout" match so this is closest thing right now. Maybe after Randy is getting out of equasion we can have full match beetween tree of them and just maybe thats where WWE is heading with this. :)

And yes, even if Ambrose takes a pin it doesnt demote that he is in WWE WHC title match and its a large boost to his carreer. Thats a big thing by itself. :)

Honestly, who the hell cares if he takes the fall? I'm just glad he's in the match. Who among you actually thought when the stipulation was announced that Ambrose would join the title match if he beat Rollins that Ambrose actually would beat Rollins? As a fan of Ambrose, I still thought there was no way it would happen. And I was honestly surprised and I genuinely marked out when he got the pin. Whether or not he gets pinned in the 4-way is irrelevant. The fact that he's even in there at all should tell you that he's been doing something right and gives me hope for his career. And regardless if he does get pinned, it does not mean he's being buried. Being buried would be losing to, say, Adam Rose on Superstars. Getting pinned by the WWE Champion in the main event of a PPV is not.

Fans complain he's not in the Main Event
Fans complain now he's in the Main Event

Make your mind up, do you want him in the Main Event or not. If you do, enjoy it your getting the guy like in the spots you want him to be in, whether he takes the fall or not is irrelevant because he has been given an opportunity to prove himself on the large stage which he hasnt had before. If like me you dont think he should be anywhere near the Main Event just hope that his inclusion means its a heel turn and he can stop using the ridiculous, stupid and weak moveset he is currently using and moves to something that will make his matches interesting to watch.

Either way Ambrose is a fresh face in the Main Event and will make the match have a more interesting he story, the wrestling quality may be down as they focus on too many guys getting there time to shine but the story should be better.

I hope what this means is Rollins will get a clean win as in a Triple Threat I thought he would steal it from Reigns after he speared Orton but now I would like to see Reigns spear Orton through the barricade or Announce Table and just before he can recover the ref counts to 3 after Rollins hits his new finisher on Ambrose with Reigns inches away from breaking the count at the 3, it would help Rollins' legitimacy as a champ and protect Orton and Reigns. Enjoy Ambrose getting his moment and until he greatly improves his moveset I hope its his last.

This.

Sometimes I honestly wonder what more the WWE could do in these situations. It is clear from a booking standpoint that Ambrose is getting a HUGE upgrade from being "buried" :shrug:

What I see this as is a warm-up for a possible Triple threat between just the 3 SHIELD guys eventually, and as pointed out above, even this Fatal 4-way will surely deliver at Payback, lMO, regardless of the finish.

He's not getting buried even if he does get pinned. Good God.

Ambrose is my favourite and I'm thrilled to see him finally get into the main event, where I feel he belongs. Putting him into the match throws a wrench into the works. I think it will be a great match, and I'm looking forward to it.

Although I still think there is a slim chance that something will happen to take him out of the match before it happens.

I can actually see something like Reigns mistakenly Spears Ambrose by mistake and Rollins sneaks into pin him. Wouldn't be surprised if coming out of Payback, some seeds are sown for animosity between the 2 remaining SHIELD bros at all.

I gotta side with the majority here. Whether or not Ambrose was inserted just to take the pinfall is irrelevant, AMBROSE IS IN THE FREAKIN' MAIN EVENT & GOING TO GET HIS 1ST SHOT AT THE WWE WORLD TITLE!!! & on top of that it just went from what was seemingly going to be a pretty forgettable PPV with a bunch of Extreme Rules rematches, to a PPV card with at least one really awesome match that I'm super hyped about & want to see really bad! So even though I really don't expect Ambrose to walk out with the title or anything, the sheer fact that he is in the match & moving back up the card is enough for me.

I can actually see something like Reigns mistakenly Spears Ambrose by mistake and Rollins sneaks into pin him.

Well, given the similarity to what happened at WM31, hopefully they'll avoid using that ending.

Even those he's the presumed underdog in the 4-way, the story of this match is Dean Ambrose. We already know what Randy, Roman & Seth are doing.....but the black marble is Dean.....which pretty much fits in with his character, doesn't it?

Yes, Ambrose will likely be the factor that determines how the match will turn out, but I presume he won't be walking out as world champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back