Dead Like Me: Like it or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
I started watching Dead Like Me when I was in a real weird point in my life. Life was bad for me. I was failing school, no girlfriend, and moving in with two friends that got sick of me real quick. But during that whole jaded period, there was this show...this show that seemed to click with me. We also didn't have cable...which played a HUGE role in this. So, I watched a show on Showtime called Dead Like Me.

The premise of the show is about a girl named Georgia who was killed on her 18th birthday. She was killed by a toilet seat from the Space Station Mir. I know, creative right? Anyway, when she dies, she doesn't go to heaven or anything, she stays on earth and becomes a reaper. Yes, a grim reaper. Only somehow, this entire show made death seem less morbid and more spiritual and deep. Sure death was still bad, but the creativeness on how when each person died, they went to their 'special place'. An example is if a high school QB dies, he sees a football stadium's tunnel and enters it as if he's going to play for his favorite football team in the afterlife. It's neat, although skewed.

So if you've heard of the show, do you like it? Not like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back