Daniel Bryan & Vince McMahon: Should It Get Physical?

Wanna See Vince Get Beat Up?

• YES!!!!! YES!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!

• NO!!!!! NO!!!!! NO!!!!!!

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Since Bryan's recent push to the main event began and that Vince McMahon was going to play an substantial role as one of the heels trying to keep Bryan down, it's automatically gotten a comparison to the Austin vs. McMahon feud of the late 90s. I've read comments on forums and some dirtsheet writers saying that Daniel Bryan is getting "Attitude Era pops" that reminds them of how uniformly fans were behind Stone Cold Steve Austin during his feud with "Mr. McMahon".

Austin & Bryan are two very different characters, two very different people and two very different outlooks on many aspects of life. I do feel that there are some genuine similarities in the two storylines. It all comes down to neither Austin nor Bryan fitting the "corporate image" with Austin as a beer swilling, foul mouthed, blue collar redneck while Daniel Bryan is the technician of average size that wears a thick mountain man style beard, has shaggy hair, is a vegan and doesn't own a television that puts me in mind of a "hippie" type of mentality. Even though it's very early in Bryan's current angle, the general feeling that most people have is that it's going to be played out similarly with what was done with Austin in which a wrestler who doesn't project the sort of overall image of what the powers-that-be feel is "best for business."

So, now that I've rambled on for a bit, which I really didn't intend to do, it's like the title of the thread says. Should it ultimately get physical between Bryan & Vince? Because Triple H is still someone who wrestles on occasion, I focused this on Vince as I think it will almost certainly get physical between Bryan & Trips due to Trips status. Some are predicting that Bryan & Trips will wind up having a match or two at some point down the road between now and WrestleMania.

I think it's natural for people to want to see Bryan "beat up" Vince. After all, Bryan is treated with great disrespect and is belittled from his height, to his beard to his dietary habits. Plus, how easy is it to dislike corporate executives? Especially when they come off as condescending, arrogant and just plain unfair as Vince has to Bryan. I think the one real concern would be Vince's age. Only two days ago, Vince McMahon turned 68 years old. Vince was a full 16 years younger when his program with Austin began in late 1997than he is now. No matter how hard he works out, the fact remains that he's simply not able to be the same type of man, physically, in his late 60s than he was in his early 50s.

However, if there's anyone on the roster who can protect Vince as much as possible while making it look like he's beating the ever lovin' shit out of him, it's Daniel Bryan. They didn't seem to be too concerned about things when it was set up for Vince to take an F-5 from Brock Lesnar, as he was already scheduled to undergo hip replacement surgery. As we all know, Lesnar's known to be pretty damn stiff and doesn't always protect his opponents as well as he should. To be fair though, anyone can get hurt doing any sort of physical aspect of pro wrestling at anytime no matter who you're in there with. It's just the nature of the beast and while I do believe Bryan would most likely be able to keep Vince safe, it's easy to understand any reluctance WWE might have about Vince getting physical at this point in his life.

Right now, no. I say that because Vince, while critical of Daniel, wasn't the one who ultimately screwed Bryan. HHH is a much bigger villain in this story than Vince is. On top of that, Vince is pushing 70. While he's in great shape, Vince shouldn't be getting in a ring anymore to wrestle.

I don't think that they should have a match, however, it would work out just fine if Bryan were to just get his hands on Vince one night and beat his ass.

Wrestlemania 19 was the last match that I can remember where Vince actually put up a decent fight. After that, all of his matches went the same way. He would totally get destroyed and then someone would interfere and either they would over come the interference or they would lose. This is exactly how this match would go. Bryan would destroy Vince, Trips and the Shield would interfere, and either Bryan would over come or he would lose. Also, there's Vince's age, however, that's a given. So, IMO, Bryan should just get his hands on Vince one night while he's alone in the ring or in the back or something and let that be it as far as physicality between Vince and Bryan.

if anything gets physical it's going to be punches and or a submission where they can mask the physicality. Vince is almost 70, there's no need for him to get physical like he once was.

While Vince can still take bumps (F-5)...I don't think it's necessary in this case.

Everybody knows Vince is the head honcho, and I think they only used Vince in a couple promos recently to further point that he disapproves of Bryan... but I see this being a Daniel Bryan vs. Corporation collectively, rather than Bryan vs. Mcmahon.

It won't. Vince will turn face on HHH. From what I gathered in the Raw promo tonight, they seem to be indicating some underlined hatred of Bryan specifically by HHH

While Vince can still take bumps (F-5)...I don't think it's necessary in this case.

Everybody knows Vince is the head honcho, and I think they only used Vince in a couple promos recently to further point that he disapproves of Bryan... but I see this being a Daniel Bryan vs. Corporation collectively, rather than Bryan vs. Mcmahon.

that f-5 was how many months ago? and prior to hip replacement.

Imagine Bryan hitting the flying headbut on Vince.....

I don't want to see them have a singles PPV match. That is a definite no. I could maybe get on board for a handicap match involving HHH.

My preference would be something like Daniel Bryan vs Vince and (The Shield, Barrett, Ryback) on an episode of Raw. It would have decent build and the prospect of Bryan attacking Vince could get people interested. I'm not sure what Vince's health is like but even him using the Yes Lock on him could be a decent moment.

I think that if Bryan is to get his revenge on the corporation then it should be against HHH. Although this doesn't have the same appeal as Vince/Austin it is intriguing because the man in the suit is better than the active wrestler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back