DA&G People...I need a little help

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
So I'm trying to design a new logo for the website I run, but I'm not good at Photoshop and don't really have the desire or time to learn. But there is something I need to know how to do, and I'm hoping one of you Photoshop gurus can help me.

test.png

As you can see in that image, I have a logo with text circling it. I need to know how to make the text on the bottom of the logo looking normal, while still being in the same circular path. Meaning, instead of "Wrestlezone Forums" being upside down, I want it right side up, and running from left to right as a person would normally read, and yet, still in the circular path.

Now, keep in mind, this is not the logo I'm using for my website, so please don't turn it the correct way and give it back to me, that is of no help. Please teach me the steps to get it looking the way I want. I'm aware that I probably cannot do it in just one layer, and that is completely fine.

Also, just so people know how I got to this point:

1) Insert logo image
2) Use Elliptical tool to create a perfect circle
3) Use Text tool to create the lettering.

I will be very appreciative of help, as this is essentially the only thing holding up my complete redesign of my website.

-- Use your ellipse tool (on the path setting) and create your circle.

-- Write in your text, or rather, the top half of your text.

-- Copy that layer, erase the original text, then write in the rest (bottom half) of your text.

-- Find your path selection tool, then go to the beginning of the bottom half of your text (which shouldn't be upright at this point) and click/drag the little circle that should be at the bottom of your first letter. That should turn it upright, and you should be able to move it into place (you drag that same little circle into place, then there will be a cross in the original location of the circle, start moving that for the text to actually slide into place).

-- Now, you have to free transform the bottom of your text so that it matches up with the top, so that it looks like a perfect circle. You'll have to slide your text into place again, but it'll be in a perfectly circular path.

Yeah, I don't blame you if you don't understand a word of that. I learned how to do it from a video on Youtube a while ago, so I'll just post that here, since he says the same thing, just gives you a visual too.

[YOUTUBE]6L6qAKkBQxc[/YOUTUBE]

-- Use your ellipse tool (on the path setting) and create your circle.

-- Write in your text, or rather, the top half of your text.

-- Copy that layer, erase the original text, then write in the rest (bottom half) of your text.

-- Find your path selection tool, then go to the beginning of the bottom half of your text (which shouldn't be upright at this point) and click/drag the little circle that should be at the bottom of your first letter. That should turn it upright, and you should be able to move it into place (you drag that same little circle into place, then there will be a cross in the original location of the circle, start moving that for the text to actually slide into place).

-- Now, you have to free transform the bottom of your text so that it matches up with the top, so that it looks like a perfect circle. You'll have to slide your text into place again, but it'll be in a perfectly circular path.

Yeah, I don't blame you if you don't understand a word of that. I learned how to do it from a video on Youtube a while ago, so I'll just post that here, since he says the same thing, just gives you a visual too.

[YOUTUBE]6L6qAKkBQxc[/YOUTUBE]
The instructions I found were similar to that, but it doesn't look quite right on my logo. The bottom lettering is on the inside of the ellipse tool instead of on the outside, which causes the lettering to scrunch up and look bad..

Yeah, you have to free transform the text and pull it to the outside of the circle. Hit Ctrl + T then adjust it to fit with the top part of the lettering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back