• Team ROW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Day 1 of the inaugral WrestleZone International Cup begins with tag team matches that pit Team U.S.A against Team R.O.W in randomly assigned matches. Who will gain the early advantage in the Cup and who will let their team down? Let the debate begin!

Boards are open for 1 day for discussion and then polling will begin in 24 hours. Polling lasts for 48 hours afterwards. The winning team gets the point. In the event of a draw, teams will half a point each.

For me, this is the best women's match up of the first day. Trish Stratus was the firs seed for the rest of the world team after just about everyone put her on their list. Charotte came in at number 2 on the USA list, which kinda shows you just how much people think of her after just one good year in the WWE main roster ranks.

There is no doubt that Charlotte is wildly talented and is one of the bets female wrestlers that the WWE has brought through in recent years. She has worked well as a heel and a face in that time and has captured the Women's Championship on multiple occasions throughout that time.

That said, I have to go with Trish. Trish is widely regarded as one of the best female wrestlers there has ever been in the WWF/E. She has the bigger legacy, the bigger fan base and the most to lose quite frankly. Both of these women were very athletic and both pushed the envelope in new ways that took women's wrestling to new places in their own ways.

I think I have to give the vote to Trish in this case, however.

I have to go with Charlotte here because she's just flat out better than Trish. She's more technically sound, she's a better athlete and she's delivered in every situation. For me, Trish's only advantage is sex appeal, which she most definitely brought in spades, and I've no doubt she'll give a good showing for herself but I can't vote for her.

Trish's accomplishments came about during an era in which women's wrestling as a whole was seen as a joke in WWE. Trish is one of the very small handful of women circa 1995 through 2015 on the main roster that was both a good wrestler and fans gave a damn about. Whether or not you care for the marketing of the whole "Women's Revolution" thing, and I know that some do because they just flat out hate WWE hyping its own product, even though that's exactly what they're supposed to do, Charlotte will go down as one of the women that helped make women's wrestling matter in WWE. Could WWE have done that many years sooner? Of course, but they didn't and that's just how it is.

I'm torn here. Both are great wrestlers, both had great matches, and both have the accomplishments. Trish has more title wins, but Charlotte is already a 4 time champ (I think it's 4?) plus an NXT Title win. Charlotte also has a history of coming out with the win in a lot of matches she shouldn't have won,, which is working in her favor for me here. But there's a reason Trish is considered one of the best women to ever wrestle in WWE.

I'm gonna go Trish for the simple fact that her legacy is bigger.

Charlotte is arguably the best women's wrestler that the WWE has right now. And that's quite an accomplishment considering that the talent pool is pretty deep. But she has a ways to go before she reaches Trish's tier. There's a reason why Trish's era is called the "Golden age." The overall talent pool was the deepest it ever was, and Trish was pretty much the Hogan of the division. And unlike Sable and Chyna, she had unparalleled talent as a performer. In 20 years if her son becomes a wrestler, he'll be riding his mothers coattails the same way Charlotte is riding her fathers.

Trish could grapple with the best of them [her matches with Jazz were proof of that] and she was as tough as nails. She was slammed through tables, hit with chairs and kendo sticks, and took finishers from male opponents 2 to 3 to even 5 times her size. Seriously; a 500 pound man once brutally assaulted Trish and got cheered in the process. Take that as a sign of how good she was at playing a role.

Trish wins this one for her team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back