D Round 1; 33 Grand Theft Auto IV (Multiformat) v 96 Madden NFL 2004

?

• GTAIV

• Madden 2004

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
GTAIV_Logo.jpg

v

Madden2004box.jpg

Like any other fan of football, I love Madden. How can you not? Easily the greatest football franchise ever made, and a game that sells like hotcakes every single year. Any game that convinces the same people to buy a game every single year just for updated rosters is a pretty remarkable feat. That said, I don't even remember anything specific about 2004. The last 8 games or so have all been the same pretty much.

Unfortunately Madden is facing up against the giant that is Grand Theft Auto. I've only played Part 4 a good dozen times or so because I myself do not own any of the new generation game systems, but from what I've gathered playing it, it's the best of all the games yet.

Grand Theft Auto > Madden unfortunately for Madden.

I've played GTA4 a couple of times and it was short of perfection having smoothed out the issues of the previous part 3 series and going more realistic in their approach. Being a person who doesn't follow American Football, I haven't played Madden, but I think even if I did, it doesn't matter on this occasion, GTA4 is going to own this hands down.

I voted for Madden. GTA is a good series and I actually quite enjoyed GTA IV, but Madden is just an addicting game. I could spend hours just playing franchise mode on Madden.

I'm pretty sure Madden 04 was the first year where you also acted as the owner in franchise mode. You were in charge of ticket prices, hiring and firing coaches, and promotions. One of my favorite things to do was relcoating to random places like Mexico city.

As always, the gameplay was also very good and pretty challenging on the all-madden level. Madden is just one of those games that you have to get every year and the 2004 edition was one of the best installments ever.

I used to despise GTA. Because, at one point (i.e. San Andreas) it was one of the most over rated game series ever produced. When GTA IV was about to be released, I sighed to myself. Not again. But I'm not a prejudiced person. When my brother bought the game, I played it and found I really liked it. It was so much better than al lthe other GTA games. It's one of my favourite games of this generation, too.

Now I'm Irish, so I don't "get" American Football. I played the Wii version of Madden and it was good fun. Confused the hell out of me, but I find sports games where you don't know what you're doing to be the most fun. Me and my brother, running around on the field and using weird runs and strategies that we didn't quite understand. Fun stuff.

But GTA IV is just a brilliant fun. It's not difficult for a game to be fun. But it takes a game on a whole new level to make you emotionally invested in it's characters and stories. But GTA does it very well. Especially with that ending... *sniff*...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back