Cut off some fat, and bring in fresh talent..

truk24

Getting Noticed By Management
Has anyone else wondered why the WWE hasn't cut off some of the on air talent fat? There are some stars that deserve just non-televised houseshows. Guys like Khali, Henry, Finlay, etc... I don't think they should be fired, but their tv time should be cut considerably. All three of those men had upper mid card status at one point in time in the WWE, and even two of those 3 men were world championship feuds.

In any case I think the WWE should consider bringing up some fresh talent. There doesn't seem to be enough talent on each roster week in and week out with the exception of ECW, and even they need some more people. You also must consider Superstars now hosts all three shows. That is 15 minutes per show more than before. In one of the WWE's territories there are some stars in FCW that could definitely make a name for themselves.

As of right now there are several things going on in the WWE in which a debut would make sense. Kendrick could still use a partner, and I think pairing him up with Sebastian Slater would be gold. I don't know if I would keep the name Sebastian Slater though. I'm sure the WWE could think of something better.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sheamus from FCW joining Finlay at some point, it seems like it would make sense. Then possibly a solid feud with THD, and then may a singles feud with Paul Burchill. Sheamus is entertaining, and has some charisma as well. He would be a solid fit for ECW depending on his gimmick.

I also think the WWE should consider paring up Brett Dibiase & Joe Hennig. They should put them on Smackdown, and have them rival Priceless in some weird way. Possibly call themselves "The Sons of Legends". ECW had Hart Dynasty, and Raw has Legacy. Where does that leave Smackdown? Not to mention they should try and make them a "face" tag team. Hennig has a solid draw to him as a face, and I think they could go over well as a face tag team.

My sleeper pick would be Kaval or Lo Ki. Whatever you want to call him is fine, but he is a talented man who could be on either show. Honestly I think he needs to be on SD, and feud with Rey Mysterio. This could take Rey away from this stale feud with Jericho, and give the fans something to watch for 15 minutes or so. Kaval could be the heel version of Kofi for SD. Kaval is way to talented to be in FCW at this point, he has paid his dues. Anyone who thinks he hasn't needs to check his resume.

You kind of imply that every show needs versions of what the other show is doing and to that I totally disagree. Since the shows are treated seperate they should truly make them as seperate as possible, this way when you don't like how raw is going it doesn't quite mean you don't like what's going on in smackdown. (It never works out like that really but that's a different topic.

Anyway, onto the main topic. I agree that Mark Henry needs to go but idk about trimming the fat of guys who have been around a long time for fresh talent. Why? Well, WWE actually has A LOT of fresh talent at the moment. If you ask me, this is the time to trim some of the not so promising fresh talent and bring in some better prospects in place of them.

Guys like Khali, Henry, Finlay, etc... I don't think they should be fired, but their tv time should be cut considerably.
Khali is hardly used anyway but he is a decent face at the moment. His feud with Ziggler is big for the lower mid card. Henry is okay for ECW, he isn't a main focus anyway and Finlay is a great superstar. Now he has ditched the kid friendly gimmick he can go back to being a warrior who can put over the youngsters in a big way.

In any case I think the WWE should consider bringing up some fresh talent.
There is always room for a new superstar, but debuting a lot at once is pointless. It takes time for a superstar to grow. Using lots at once ruins this. Case in point Ricky Ortiz came around at the same time as Evan Bourne, Bourne got over, Ortiz was labelled as boring because Bourne was better. If he debuted alone he my have got over more effectively.

There doesn't seem to be enough talent on each roster week in and week out with the exception of ECW, and even they need some more people.
Smackdown has plenty too. Their roster is the deepest it seems. Raw's is a little depleted, but once HBK and Batista return that will boost Raw considerably

In one of the WWE's territories there are some stars in FCW that could definitely make a name for themselves.
Yeah, and they will given the time.

As of right now there are several things going on in the WWE in which a debut would make sense. Kendrick could still use a partner, and I think pairing him up with Sebastian Slater would be gold.
Could work, but people wouldn't care if a random person teamed up with Kendrick. 95% of the audience won't know who he is so won't care. Remember Manu debuting? You could hear a pin drop.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sheamus from FCW joining Finlay at some point, it seems like it would make sense. Then possibly a solid feud with THD, and then may a singles feud with Paul Burchill. Sheamus is entertaining, and has some charisma as well. He would be a solid fit for ECW depending on his gimmick.
He will likely be the first to come through from FCW, he's already working dark matches. That one could well work.

I also think the WWE should consider paring up Brett Dibiase & Joe Hennig. They should put them on Smackdown, and have them rival Priceless in some weird way. Possibly call themselves "The Sons of Legends". ECW had Hart Dynasty, and Raw has Legacy. Where does that leave Smackdown?
It leaves Smackdown fresh. Every brand doesn't need a second generation tag team. Two is enough for now. It will be overkill adding a third.

This could take Rey away from this stale feud with Jericho, and give the fans something to watch for 15 minutes or so.
Stale feud?!? You mean the most entertaining feud that throws out awesome matches? The feud is the best since Jericho/HBK. I'd go further but this isn't the thread for it.

In closing, the roster depth is pretty good, there isn't a desperate need for new talent. They are better off developing talent rather than promoting people too soon. One or two over the next four to six months will be plenty.

WWE has enough talent as it is. Hell some of the new guys they have now aren't worth killing and you wanna bring in more!?! No one would get much of any air time then! THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!!!

I have an even better idea. Instead of trying to tell Vince how to run his show since that's wat you people have been basically trying to do, lets let Vince run his company since he's been doing it successfully for 20 some odd years and stop trying to tell him how to run his own damn product!!!:schild13:

Khali gets big ratings in India, doubt well see him released any time soon.

Henry can be booked as a monster, and put in a main even feud on ECW at any time. Im not sure why Vince loves him so much, but he has gotten better in the ring....kinda

Finlay was completely ruined for the past year with the Hornswoggle pairing, glad its done, and yeah hes a good person to feud younger guys with because he'll not only put them over, but he'll make them shine like gold.

The problem isnt really with trimming the fat, its with using talent properly.

Did we really need 4 weeks of Henry vs Bourne on ECW? absolutely not, unless youre trying to book Bourne like Mystrio where hes the underdog beating the big guy, which is boring. Let him feud with guys his own size so you can show case his talent, rather than risk him getting injured facing Henry. I really thought we were going to see a build up to a great Tyson Kidd/Bourne feud, but it seems that was tossed aside for now.

As for bringing in new talent, Id say do it, but only if you have something set up for them long term, if not dont bother, because they'll just get washed away with the other half of the roster that isnt being used correctly

I think a great move would be to bring back tomko. He was big. He was skilled. He has talent. And he isnt like other guys. Tomko and kendrik maybe?

What the good of bringing in "Fresh Talent" (not like the WWE hasn't been doing this with reintroducing guys like Christian and Ron Killings, amongst an entire brand dedicated to rookies) if they have no chance to develop. Why bring in more talent to the roster, if the main event scene is going to be exaxtly the same? The Log Jam at the top with the 40 year old plus guys on the roster, with some of the regular staples, doesn't allow the talent to grow. If you're not going to use the talent you have, then why bring in more talent? It makes no sense. Wait for some of the big names to retire, let some holes be filled, and watch the scramble happen to fill those niches created. That's when you bring in new talent. Look at 2002, and all of the rookies that came in then when the Attitude guys began to retire, it worked out fairly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back