Current Top 4 'Mania Matches

Keeping in mind, of course, that I've been captain of the "wins and losses don't matter" brigade for the better part of a year now. Saying that these guys should be used to "put over" newer guys isn't the sort of thinking that works for me. Consistent, high-profile booking makes stars. Not being "put over." Accordingly, big guys should be used for big matches. That's what they're being paid big money for.

All the big names being on the show will sell regardless of who they're facing. Sure I can't "prove" that but that's only because WWE doesn't give it a chance to happen for me to be able to prove it.

And by "putting over" I don't necessarily mean losing like every other jackass on the IWC means when they use that term. I mean, making those guys stars. Giving them name value by wrestling and having competitive matches against them on the biggest show of the year.

All the big names being on the show will sell regardless of who they're facing. Sure I can't "prove" that but that's only because WWE doesn't give it a chance to happen for me to be able to prove it.

And by "putting over" I don't necessarily mean losing like every other jackass on the IWC means when they use that term. I mean, making those guys stars. Giving them name value by wrestling and having competitive matches against them on the biggest show of the year.

I think this is fair, but I think Coco's point still remains. In order to have any of these guys to be taken seriously in a match with the bigger stars they need to have consistent high profile booking. 2 years ago Punk couldn't have been a logical opponent for The Rock, Cena was the only guy on his radar. Now that he's been built up in a meaningful way, it's a match people will want to see. Nobody's going to pay to see Dolph Ziggler vs. The Rock (Ziggler's just an arbitrary name, not trying to put words in your mouth.)

Also, I hate the idea of Triple H taking on The Shield. I'm not one to jump on the "Fuck Triple H" bandwagon but I really don't trust him anymore. He seems to ALWAYS need to get his win back if he ever puts anyone over.

All the big names being on the show will sell regardless of who they're facing. Sure I can't "prove" that but that's only because WWE doesn't give it a chance to happen for me to be able to prove.

Not to be picky, but remember 2011 Survivor Series, when they had Rock and Cena face Miz and R Truth? (A team I like to refer to as Mooth) That did an awful, awful buyrate, especially when you consider that it was Rock's return to wrestling.

Stars against stars, at least when utilized correctly, pops huge buyrates. Stars against stars, when done over and over and built poorly, results in 1999 WCW

No one wants to be
WCW

Of course, I should also point out;

JMT's booking, solid in its own right, would still pop a huge buyrate. But I think that has more to do with Mania being Mania than anyone else. It's the old myth that everyone has to order Mania, or you're an awful fan, and your parents will disown you.

Fuck em. WWE isn't going to miss my money but I sure the fuck will. 60 bucks is a tall order for wrestling, especially when I have the means to watch it illegally.

Also, I hate the idea of Triple H taking on The Shield. I'm not one to jump on the "Fuck Triple H" bandwagon but I really don't trust him anymore. He seems to ALWAYS need to get his win back if he ever puts anyone over.

Haha.. I'm one of those "Fuck HHH" guys and I think a DX/Shield Wrestlemania match would be awesome regardless of the outcome (I mean, as long as it's competitive and not complete domination Spirit Squad level shit). As great as The Shield is, they can't last for long as a group. The Shield going out by losing to DX at Wrestlemania would be a great ending to their storyline and a wonderful beginning to their singles careers.

Not to be picky, but remember 2011 Survivor Series, when they had Rock and Cena face Miz and R Truth? (A team I like to refer to as Mooth) That did an awful, awful buyrate, especially when you consider that it was Rock's return to wrestling.

Yeah, but that show wasn't loaded from top-to-bottom with big stars. It only had The Rock/Cena in the main event against two guys who are fucking awful.

Undertaker
Cena
Rock
HHH
Lesnar
Punk

All these names on one show will draw, no matter what. I guarantee you. Not to mention WWE bringing in celebrities on top of that and the Wrestlemania name drawing on its own to begin with. WWE has been doing such a great job this past year establishing new guys, and to really pull the trigger on it they should use 'Mania as a platform to showcase these guys against bona fide stars. And if it doesn't work out... then what damage does it do, really? It won't hurt next year's buyrate by going back to the stars vs. stars mentality.

Haha.. I'm one of those "Fuck HHH" guys and I think a DX/Shield Wrestlemania match would be awesome regardless of the outcome (I mean, as long as it's competitive and not complete domination Spirit Squad level shit).

High hopes there, matey. Do I need to bring up what they wound up doing to Legacy?

Yeah, but that show wasn't loaded from top-to-bottom with big stars. It only had The Rock/Cena in the main event against two guys who are fucking awful.

Which seems to play more into the "it'll Mania, and it will draw"

Undertaker
Cena
Rock
HHH
Lesnar
Punk

All these names on one show will draw, no matter what. I guarantee you. Not to mention WWE bringing in celebrities on top of that and the Wrestlemania name drawing on its own to begin with. WWE has been doing such a great job this past year establishing new guys, and to really pull the trigger on it they should use 'Mania as a platform to showcase these guys against bona fide stars. And if it doesn't work out... then what damage does it do, really? It won't hurt next year's buyrate by going back to the stars vs. stars mentality.

Again, I should have probably included this in my earlier post, your booking would still pop a huge buyrate. But it seems as though WWE is of the mindset to draw the biggest buyrate ever for every Wrestlemania.

With that modus operandi in mind, do you think that this card would do the best buyrate of any Wrestlemania ever? I'm not saying that's the best thing for business, but I am telling you that is what WWE is looking for

It's the old myth that everyone has to order Mania, or you're an awful fan, and your parents will disown you.
It certainly broke up the happy nuclear family I grew up in.

I think this is fair, but I think Coco's point still remains. In order to have any of these guys to be taken seriously in a match with the bigger stars they need to have consistent high profile booking. 2 years ago Punk couldn't have been a logical opponent for The Rock, Cena was the only guy on his radar. Now that he's been built up in a meaningful way, it's a match people will want to see. Nobody's going to pay to see Dolph Ziggler vs. The Rock (Ziggler's just an arbitrary name, not trying to put words in your mouth.)
In response to JMT, this is about where I am in terms of thought process.

If I could pick, I'd go a bit left-field with the options;

CM Punk v Rock v Punk
For me this freshen's up these three and the matches we've seen. I'm not usually a fan of triple threat's but this seems to work organically. Three biggest stars in the ring at one time and you'd be hard pressed to call a winner.

A BIT left field?!

I'd like to see them add Dolph Ziggler to the World Title match and make it a Triple Threat between him, Orton, and Sheamus. Ziggler spent the majority of the second-half of 2012 facing those two on Smackdown and PPV, and they could easily have him escape with the title by having Sheamus take out Orton then Ziggler coming in, throwing Sheamus out and stealing the pinfall. Plus it might save all that pissing and moaning about Sheamus and Orton again as this would be something new in their rivalry. Could be a really awesome Triple Threat match too.

That'd be complete and utter dogshit. Punk vs Undertaker is the only one that I like, But only if Punk is going in as the champ. It's the only one ANYBODY MIGHT think the streak will end!

Rock vs Cena was very overrated I watched live on PPV and was thinking to myself "wow this is far worse then I expected." would hate to see it again and as someone who bought mania last year I'd be pissed I wasted money. I'd hate to have a mania ticket this year for rematch mania.

If Dolph isn't defending the WHW Title where he does fit on the card?

Барбоса;4284465 said:
In terms of potential box office, Brock-Rock II would be right up there.

Finally someone said it. Rock vs. Lesnar is as obvious as it gets. The story so easily writes itself. I just don't trust the WWE writers to see that.

Okay I'll put down my matches in no particular order.
Rock vs Lesnar II
Punk vs Cena vs Taker with Guest Enforcer Austin for the WWE Title
Shemaus vs Orton for the WHC Title
Big Show vs Ryback for No.1 contendership for WWE Title

shawn michaels and undertaker make best matches because they are the best wrestlers. They are best stuntmen. triple h vs undertaker matches are best also

ryback should make match against cena at wrestlemania. right now i think ryback is the toughest wrestler and he can beat anyone because of his strength.

Reactions: TLC
I've said it since last year, on the day after WrestleMania, after witnessing Rock / Cena "Once In A Lifetime" in person ~ they will never face each other again ~ and I stand by that opinion.

I firmly believe there are two things sacred in WrestleMania lore... the streak and "Once In A Lifetime". I don't know why because it seems nothing is sacred with Vince, but it just feels like that was a one shot deal with an outstanding yearlong build and payoff. If, and it's a big IF, they had a rematch at Mania, the build up would have to top last year, much like Taker / HBK 2 at Mania. There isn't time for that.

But, I'm probably wrong on many levels.

If I was booking the card...

Undertaker / CM Punk for the WWE Championship
The Rock / Brock Lesner
Dolph Ziggler / John Cena
Big Show / Ryback (Rumble winner) for the World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton / Sheamus

shawn michaels and undertaker make best matches because they are the best wrestlers. They are best stuntmen. triple h vs undertaker matches are best also

ryback should make match against cena at wrestlemania. right now i think ryback is the toughest wrestler and he can beat anyone because of his strength.

vladimir-kozlov39.jpg

Couldnt give a crap hhh vs brock. I thought theyre summrrslam match was good but its done and dusted i dnt care to see triple win which will be the outcome. Theres so much untapped potential regarding brock. I say go for a rock brock marquee match that would garner huge attention. If we get that id wanna see cm punk /cena vs the deadman. If its punk let him break the streak its no good it been intact when taker retires that would ttuly puf him over the top. Who ever doesnt go for the streak have them as the wwe champion
and i say have orton win the rumble bring him back to raw and turn him heel!
:worship:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back