Curiosity Rover Landing Tonight

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Early next morning, technically speaking. The Curiosity Rover is scheduled to touch down at 1:30 Eastern time and will be the most advanced rover to touch down on Mars, with ten times the mass of scientific instruments than previous rovers. This exciting mission is designed to:

"
Determine whether Mars could ever have supported life
Study the climate of Mars
Study the geology of Mars
Plan for a human mission to Mars
"

It can be watched live on NASA's website. Anyone going to be watching? I certainly am. I think this is arguably the biggest landing event since the first moon landing.

Holy fuck!

Curiosity killed the cat. Dogs hate cats. A common dog name is Rover.

They're sending a DOG TO MARS!

Wouldn't it just be easier to find a Thern medallion & teleport to Mars, or as the natives call it Barsoom, like John Carter did?

And here I thought the space program was dead. I guess it's our ingenuity combined with Russia's rockets.

I was reading about this in the paper this morning. Sounds like it's going to be a tough landing. Doubt it'll be anymore interesting than Breaking Bad, though.

You should get your hopes up. You really should.

Of course Mars was able to sustain life. A highly civilized, advanced population once inhabited that rock. True story.

No, seriously, that's probably true.

I've been playing Mass Effect, and their findings confirm this. We're probably going to stumble across a cache of ancient alien technology that will catapult us forward 200 years in technological advancement.

I've been playing Mass Effect, and their findings confirm this. We're probably going to stumble across a cache of ancient alien technology that will catapult us forward 200 years in technological advancement.

Billions of years ago. We couldn't be that lucky.

Also, Talon wants it to happen. We're fucked.

New avatar time is confusing.

3792126_o.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back