Cryme Tyme breakup: Well, that didn't work out now did it?

This was a huge mistake. There are only a few face teams and this would be a great time to have them as a team with the Dudebusters and Archer/Hawkins to face.JTG was obviously the bright spot on Cryme Tyme, but if Shad can develop a character, he could've been just a bright. I really hope that JTG gets jumped by Rhodes or one of the heel teams and Shad makes the save. WWE failed to make them stand out in singles action, so just put them back together. Cryme Tyme was mildly funny and worth watching.

If it worked out well they could have both been on the mid card matches but most people werent interested in it so it was dropped.

Anothe thing is that Shad was letting JTG down so they wanted to find a way to get them broken up so that JTG can rise to the top on his own and Shad can work on his own adn improve.

I found myself questioning this exact subject a couple of weeks ago and the only conclusion that I could come up with is that the WWE felt that one of the superstars could be more successful as a singles superstar but that hasn’t really panned out, has it?

You could argue that JTG was the more popular of the two and probably had the better shot of being successful coming out of the tag team but that hasn’t turned out to be a success either and now the WWE has ended up with two unsuccessful superstars coming out of a semi-popular tag team. It seems as though the WWE have made a mistake when it came to breaking up the tag team and now they seem to paying the price for it. As you have said, the WWE is in desperate need of some good tag teams and I think that Cryme Tyme could have been reasonably successful in the recent tag division that we have seen.

I would have liked to have seen them continue but I think it just came to a time when the WWE wanted to try something new with them and it was really doomed to fail from the start. I suspect that JTG will stay on the roster for a couple of weeks and will then be sent to FCW to work for a while. I don’t know if Shad will come back up but if he does, I think he could be quite successful. He has the look and the power to get over. I think they backed the wrong horse but breaking them up in the first place in utterly nonsensical.

It's the curse of Edge & Christian and The Hardy Boyz I'm afraid.

Ever since those pairs split, the WWE seemed to have the idea that you could split every tag team up and let them both run as singles competitors, which simply isn't true.

Look at the Dudleys/Team 3D - a very credible tag team, but would be awful singles competitors.

I'm hoping beyond anything that they reform. They weren't a great tag team no. But I could buy them as tag champs which I can't for any other team on Smackdown right now.

I have to disagree here, because it's not like any member of those tag teams had instant singles success. Edge and Jeff both had to wait several years before winning world titles. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I expect either Shad or JTG to be world champion, but it could happen in a few years.

I actually see a bright future for JTG, and some kind of future for Shad, as long as WWE gives them both a few years, instead of firing them before the end of this one.

They were almost like the black, less entertaining version of the Motor City Machine Guns: Always over and close/in the title hunt, but never champs. Did the WWE make a mistake by splitting them up?

Well, WWE made them lose a lot at one time (2008?) because they felt Shad hadn't improved enough during house shows. It doesn't suprise me that he got sent down to FCW. He sucks. JTG, on the other hand deserves better. Too bad he got stuck jobbing to Rhodes and Chavo freaking Guerrero (a guy who jobbed to Hornswoggle beat JTG...words fail me).

Back when Cryme Tyme debuted they had so much potential. Then they had a shoot fight with Cade and Murdoch or whatever happened, I forget, and they got fired for a long time, and since they came back they never regained that momentum. That little period when they teamed up with Cena never turned into anything. And now Shad is working in development again, and JTG isn't doing squat. Cryme Tyme has always been a fan favorite, yet they've never gotten the titles and now they're just broken up, I'm sure for good. A pretty big waste of talent I'd say.

I Thought Shad was doing pretty Well with his "My Tyme" Stuff, With the Yelling he seemed legetimatly Mad at JTG. I Loved it, Then he Vanished after their Fued.

He has been in FCW Eh? Nice to know.

One good tag team named Cryme Tyme was ended on smackdown in a tag team match. After the match Shad Beat up JTG. Soon at Extreme Rules they were put in a strap match and JTG was succesful. I like JTG better because he is more entertaining and better in the ring so I have to go with JTG on that one but if they still had Cryme Tyme it would be a tie breaker.

I've said it many times on here. The WWE needs more tag teams, but what do they do? Break a great tag team up. It makes no sense and was a bad decision, because neither of the two are doing jack shhh now. Cryme Tyme needs to be reunited and some other tag teams need to be created. I was upset when Dibiase and Rhodes were split up, though both are great wrestlers and in my opinion, deserve a push in the singles ladder. Tag teams are needed in the E and they just keep getting rid of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back