Create a Tag Team

#SAWFT

Pre-Show Stalwart
Choose two guys in the WWE or a free agent that you think could be a legit tag team. Say why, and whether they'd be heel or face.

I would choose Drew McIntyre and Johnny Curtis as heel. Have them as the "sinister" gimmick. To set them off, Have them take out most of the WWE's tag teams, but the teams just being found laid out in the back. Week by week, more and more teams are getting taken out. Then have a tag team match,say at royal rumble, for the titles, without Curtis and McIntyre. Then have these two jump the champions from out of the crowd.

It may be a stretch but I'd like to see WWE sign Jay Lethal and reunite him with Xavier Woods(Consequences Creed) to reform Lethal Consequences. They had good chemistry in TNA and were a fun little tag team. I'd have them be face and have them be the heroes of the tag division, stopping beatdowns and what not. Kind of like The Hurricane in tag team form. Then have them stop a beatdown of say, Kozlov and Santino by Otunga and Slater, they have a non-title match the following week and pick up the victory over Otunga and Slater.

I would actually go with what should have already happened. R-Truth and Johnny Curtis. Truth is already talking about conspiracies and Curtis is wondering why he hasn’t started yet. Put the two back together and have them face the Nexus at SummerSlam.

Other Tag Teams I would like to see are:

John Cena and Randy Orton – Imagine these two just really dominate the WWE, by not only being the WWE and World Champions, but being the WWE World Tag Team Champions as well. This would be 2011’s Face version of the Two-Man Power Trip.

CM Punk and Kofi Kingston – I’d like to see these two back together with Kofi turning Heel.

Goldust and Cody Rhodes – Is Goldust still in the WWE?? Either way, both of the Rhodes characters would make for some compelling storylines. Have the American Dream manage them.

Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock – Look, if Ric Flair and Rowdy Roddy Piper can win the Tag Titles in 2006, Austin and the Rock are more than capable of winning the Tag Titles in 2011.

It may be a stretch but I'd like to see WWE sign Jay Lethal and reunite him with Xavier Woods(Consequences Creed) to reform Lethal Consequences. They had good chemistry in TNA and were a fun little tag team. I'd have them be face and have them be the heroes of the tag division, stopping beatdowns and what not. Kind of like The Hurricane in tag team form. Then have them stop a beatdown of say, Kozlov and Santino by Otunga and Slater, they have a non-title match the following week and pick up the victory over Otunga and Slater.

Truth and Lethal Consequences!! R-Truth should have Jay and Creed join his Stable.

I got an idea or two....

If we are going to put together estanblished guys then it's fun and almost necessary to have some tension.

Angle/Swagger - I would love to see Angle come in and beat the hell out of Swagger for about a month, then set up a teacher/student tag team. This would be the only real way I can think of to bring Swagger up to "that level". I know Angle is not a free agent, but there was a lot of talk last year about Angle making a run, so suck it.

Rey/Cara - This would be fun, I would like to see them go back and forth trying to one up each other. This could really help Sin Cara, working with Rey, a guy who has lucha libre influences melted into the WWE style. Plus, we all know it may end in a match.

R Truth/Henry - Angry black men, seems to work. They could vandalize both shows, they both seem like they are on the same path...as heel as possible. Plus, the contrast in styles could make for some even matches, rather than the boring crap we are used to seeing from Henry.

Kofi/Dolph - They can put on good matches and having the GM put them in a surprise match against the tag champs would be pretty cool; they can have that tension in every match, which will add a new dimension even if the match doesn't matter.

I could find good in almost any combination, so I digress.

Sheamus/Batista-[if batista were to come back]Both of these men have similar builds, both are heels, and could probably be pretty strong in the very weak tag team division. I'd like to see this.

hmm... Chris Masters and Daniel Bryan, both are talented and could use exposure plus think of a double submission between these two!

I would like Drew Mcintyre to team up with sombody..possibly bring back Lance Archer and have them pair up. Similar height give or take a couple inches..could make a gothic/vampire/powerhouse type tag team.

I was just talking to my son about this the other day. I'm a old school wrestling fan since watching the Blonde Bombers in the Cal Palace. JMO...Tag teams have never been the same since Managers have became obsolete.

But 2 superstars that came to mind about creating a tag team was Gene Snisky and Mike Knox, with a manager of course as their mouth piece. Someone really over and annoying like a Michael Cole.

Another thought would be the heel tag team of Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison with Vickie as their manager. They would be a great pretty boy heel team. Since they are past Tag Team level and are now single stars, I would give them a world title status push or team them up to be one of the most epic tag team heels in this modern era. Let them have the tag team titles for a long time and be this generations "Midnight Express" type of teams. Inventing moves all the time. With the ring ability of both of theses guys they could pull off some wicked double team moves.

I would like to see...

Kofi and Gabriel. I think the high flying styles combined would be great. Plus they are both from Africa and could have that connection.

Bryan and Swagger. I think back to Tully and Arn. Those guys were technicians with a mean streak. I think a heel Swagger and Bryan could pull of a similar type team.

Bring back Ryder and Hawkins. I can see an updated version of The New Aged Outlaws with these two now. With Ryder playing the mouthpiece.

Johnny Curtis and Derrick Bateman - Curtis should be granted the chance to select a new tag team partner for his guaranteed tag title match as a result of winning NXT4. He already had a promo stating that he had an "ace in the hole." What if that Ace was a new tag team partner?

Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Del Rio - I think Ricardo should have his own entrance music, and be given a gimmick similar to Kennedy/Anderson. He can do his own ring introduction and then proceed to introduce Del Rio like he always has.

Dolph Ziggler & "Briley Pierce" (Dolph's brother Ryan Nemeth) - Briley Pierce could be renamed "Briley Ziggler" and the Nemeth brothers could be a solid tag team. Now, I don't want to see Dolph's singles career derailed for this pairing, but I can see them having consistent singles pushes even as a tag team, like a modern day Team Extreme. The brothers' on screen pairing could even be the fuel for a Dolph/Vickie breakup, much like Jinder Mahal was for Runjin/Khali.

I'd like to see kofi and dolph team up. I'd have it go like this: Dolph has to choose a partner to compete for a tag title shot. He's in the back talking to someone in the back off camera like "I know we've had our differences...blah blah blah." Pan out and its an annoyed, doubtful kofi who reluctantly accepts as if he's just trying to kill time (dolph maybe brings up that he doesnt even have a match that night or something) They argue during the match and even scrap a little but somehow they accidently win so now you have the potential for funny segments between an annoyed kofi and an optimistic Dolph and Vickie, eventually they realize they are great together and drop vickie instantly becoming face.

Another similar tag team I'd put together is swagger and bourne. Maybe have it to where swagger challenges with another partner but that partner is unable to go one day(the day of their first title shot) so swagger asks for anyone in the back to come help him out and bourne being as annoying as possible comes out team up with swagger mockingly. They accidently win and throughout the reign swagger is sort of like a bully to bourne (smackin him on the head during their entrance, stuff like that) but they win some matches before they decide to turn swagger face or just break up the team.

I think you can get a lot of funny moments out of dysfunctional tag teams. I don't see why they don't do it anyway it would draw some attention to the tag titles and competitors.

Anyone agree/disagree?

I would easily shift Trent Baretta to RAW under the radar to form a team with Evan Bourne.

Bourne/Baretta could have some fantastic finishing moves. Dudebuster DDT -> Air Bourne or Gobstopper -> Air Bourne for example. Both similar styles of wrestling, could be the next big high flying team. Plus it gives something for both men to do. And both can sell remarkably too to give each of their matches a big match feel.

Once Bateman returns, I wouldn't mind seeing him reteam with his NXT Pro, Daniel Bryan. The serious/satire combination definitely works with this duo. We need tag teams with dynamic/personality and the combination of these guys certainly aids that.

would not mind seeing daniel bryan and evan bourne tag that would be nice, 2 young up and coming guys. they would make a nice young team

alright ill give this topic a whirl :lmao:
here are a few teams ive often thought would be intersting.....

1. Awesome Perfection (The Miz & Dolph Ziggler) have dolph dump vickie and put him with The Miz to dominate the tag team divison together and at the end of this team have miz turn on dolph turning him face and let them fued which makes Dolph Ziggler a main eventer!

2. Dashing Perfection (Cody Rhodes & Dolph Ziggler) move Dolph to smackdown and have cody tell ted that hes found someone whos a better protedge then him and then dolph and cody beat the hell out of ted and they have a pretty boy team and end up dominating the tag team divison and have a good long run with the tag team titles!

3. Austin Aries & Tyler Black/Seth Rollins- me & my friend have talked about how we thought these 2 would make a good team it could happen if Aries hasnt signed with Impact Wrestling! WWE could bring Austin in and call up Rollins from FCW and have them be a heel tag team they debut in a match between the tag champs and santino & kozlov and lay out all 4 men,Aries has the greatest man to ever live gimmick and rollins could have his own gimmick to go with Aries gimmick maybe like being the "sexiest man to ever live" (no homo) and have them dominate the tag divison before going their own ways.

Jonny Curtis and Zach Ryder : think about it, Zach's been making jokes about how he's not on WWE TV via youtube, and Curtis has been making jokes about how he hasn't had his debut match yet. Zach inturupted the tag champs last week on RAW, and Curtis has a garunteed tag title match. the peices seem to be fitting into place.

Sheamus and McIntyre: the Irish and Scottish Connection. maybe even throw Barret in there to make a UK stable.

If TNA released Robbie E. and Cookie, I would like to see WWE hire them. New ring names for the two though (which are less obvious than names that are copying others *cough* Pauly D & Snooki…. Anyways, WWE would need to give them descent ring names and then bring them to Raw to form a tag team with him and Zack Ryder, with her as the manager. Heel..Face.. Whichever would work…

Evan Bourne and Rey Mysterio, Both men have nothing to do and this could be a key factor in bringing back the tag team division. Rey is extremely stale and could use this so he wouldn't have to wrestle as much with his injuries and all.

Evan Bourne and Justin Gabriel?
Both are high flyers. Plus, people want to see more of Gabriel. This'll be a good way to push both men and get Bourne out of jobbing.

William Regal and Wade Barrett?
Both are Englishmen and it would be a great heel tag team where they would claim that England is better than the United States.

Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre?
We know that the US Title is on Ziggler, but McIntyre has only been on Superstars for months now. He needs to get out of that jobber hole and on Raw weekly.

Here is just some decent ideas.

A tag team I would like to see and we haven't seen a lot of. A heel-face tag team, I always loved those.

Dolph Ziggler and Kofi Kingston would be a great heel-face tag team. There's a few more teams that could or should be made. They could continue their rivalry and hopefully bring some interest into the tag team division.

Sin Cara/Rey Mysterio/Evan Bourne/Justin Gabriel - any combination would work, all great high flyers.

Drew/Wade/Sheamus - 3 big guys? Once again any combination would work, really it's all about drew being on a team and giving him something to do. Sheamus and Wade Barrett are soon to be champions. Drew should have been a Main Eventer long ago but they dropped the ball. Maybe even a mutual faction between them would be great for everybody.

The Dibiase brothers would be an easy tag team to form, all WWE would have to do is bring up Brett to SD and have Brett turn Dibiase face and feud with Cody and a new partner of his choice (Goldust perhaps?). Brotherly tag teams are the most logical teams IMO so teams like the Dibiases, Rotundos, and Colons (Primo and Tito are cousins) would be fun teams to see feud.

After this week's Raw I'm thinking Dolph Ziggler and Drew Mcintyre would make a spelndid tag team (obviously heels). Them, plus Vickie - I see money. They could actually bring relevance to the title. Don't know if they could top Jerishow (yes, not the greatest ever, but easily the greatest in the last 5+ years).

I think R-Truth and Mark Henry would be an awesome tag team. Have R-Truth preach about his conspiracies and how Little Jimmy has been holding men like Mark and himself down for years, but now they will spread the truth through strength. Then have Mark go out there and just rape everything.

What we need is a new nation of domination! jk

I was playing SVR a couple minutes ago and looked at some of the tagteams i put together. My favorite tag team that i usally play with is...

-Chris Masters and John Morrison they would be heels cause i feel thats the way they felt more comfortable with being. They could work that they are both from hollywood and be called the hollywood stars. Have their gimick be almost of what was when it was Morrison and Miz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back