Could Muhammed Hassan ever make a WWE return?

To say Mahal is like Hassan is absoutely wrong and ignorant!! Hassan remember this was in the middle of Iraq war!! Hassan would constantly come out and directly insult americans drawing dangerous heat on himself!! Hassan saying he was treated wrong after 9/11 saying all americans are trash and such!! Mahal just speaks punjabi never really saying anything!! hassan IMO was the bigger target than Mahal could ever hope to be. Hassan in todays PG era wouldnt work simply because i dont think the fans could take him serious as they once did.

Also Hassan remember cant be brought back didnt taker kill off his character in the GAB 05? If indeed after that hassan has no interest in returning then thats that!

I would love it if he came back he was great last I read about him he retired from wrestling to become a actor. I thought he was going to do huge things in the WWE it's a shame what happened to him. I know that the main reason for his departure was WWE got a lot of negative feedback when they had the guys in the black ski masks didn't they kidnap the Undertaker or just beat him up I know that aired the same day of a terrorist attack. Personally I didn't find it that big of a deal but I know that other people love to over react. If I were the WWE I would have just edited that footage out since Smack down isn't live. Than right after that they had Undertaker kill him off. I miss Muhammad Hassan

I would love it if he came back he was great last I read about him he retired from wrestling to become a actor. I thought he was going to do huge things in the WWE it's a shame what happened to him. I know that the main reason for his departure was WWE got a lot of negative feedback when they had the guys in the black ski masks didn't they kidnap the Undertaker or just beat him up I know that aired the same day of a terrorist attack. Personally I didn't find it that big of a deal but I know that other people love to over react. If I were the WWE I would have just edited that footage out since Smack down isn't live. Than right after that they had Undertaker kill him off. I miss Muhammad Hassan

The excuse at the time if i remember was there wasn't enough time to edit it out.

Considering the 7/7 attacks took place around 9am UK time, surely it wouldn't take over 12 hours to edit the segment out of the broadcast. Im not an expert of video editing technology though.

Dumb move to keep it it. Surely they must of realised there would be a huge backlash.

No. While I still do think Hassan could have been one of the all time greatest heels, no.

Reason being: Hassan got axed controversially while WWE was still TV14. If that didn't fly back then, why would it suddenly be OK now, especially when WWE is PG? A character like that would be too limited in today's environment.

WWE really dropped the ball on this guy when they pushed him from angry Arab-American, whose promos had more than a grain of truth, into the wrestler with a thinly disguised terrorist cell.

He and his sidekick didn't need to cross that particular line. They were getting great heat without it, and their in-ring performance was pretty good.

The guy was only around for a short time in 2005 and made very little impact. If they brought him back most people wouldn't even know who he was.

From what I understand, he retired from wrestling anyway.

If Hassan returned to WWE right now his best way would be to form a tag team with Jinder Mahal would be a start to rebuilding the Tag team division again as a singles star he would be used to job to guys like Orton and Cena .

The guy was only around for a short time in 2005 and made very little impact. If they brought him back most people wouldn't even know who he was.

From what I understand, he retired from wrestling anyway.

Very little impact? Go listen to his crowd reactions from any time in his run, and try to tell me again. Also, as has been pointed out earlier in the thread, he wrestled in 2010.

If Hassan returned to WWE right now his best way would be to form a tag team with Jinder Mahal would be a start to rebuilding the Tag team division again as a singles star he would be used to job to guys like Orton and Cena .

No...and no. Please read the post before, because Hassan and Jinder are not and in my opinion should not be linked at all. They are two different gimmicks and two separate wrestlers. If Hassan was able to garner heat like he used to, I am certain he would not be doing much jobbing at all.

Too bad the guy was forced out of the WWE due to people's misunderstandings. Yes, yes, the WWE had toyed too closely with the fire that is the American audience's memory of the 9/11 terror attacks, but that same audience should've understood that the guy was doing a fucking act.

Me, I think the character could be still be enacted within the borders of today's PG environment, but whoever books it must see to it that he must not trigger another cultural backlash like what happened with Hassan.

Which brings us to the man himself - would the WWE be so generous as to let Hassan be on the WWE roster again as an active wrestler? The long and short of it: N-O. I think it's a safe bet that American audiences will have forgotten about and/or forgiven Hassan for the percieved slight, but would the WWE risk alienating its audience again by re-signing Hassan, even if that chance is small?

Made very little impact? He worked a fucking program with Hulk Hogan!! He was slated to become World Champion at SummerSlam that year, through a program with the Undertaker? If that is no impact, fuck, then no impact is a pretty damn big push. His heat was utterly nuclear. Did you watch the show?

Fuuuuck, he could return Friday on smackdown with zero build and get enormous heat, easy. Would be over as mexican food and blowjobs.

Its a gimmick that cant miss, and he was great in it. I would go so far as to say it could be pulled off, as long as they didnt cross any lines the way they did the first time...which shouldnt be tough, given the defined enviornment and material they cover these days.

and no, forming a tag team with Jinder Mahal would be fucking ******ed. Im not even going to dignify that stupid ass idea with all the reasons why it is.

Made very little impact? He worked a fucking program with Hulk Hogan!! He was slated to become World Champion at SummerSlam that year, through a program with the Undertaker? If that is no impact, fuck, then no impact is a pretty damn big push. His heat was utterly nuclear. Did you watch the show?

Fuuuuck, he could return Friday on smackdown with zero build and get enormous heat, easy. Would be over as mexican food and blowjobs.

Its a gimmick that cant miss, and he was great in it. I would go so far as to say it could be pulled off, as long as they didnt cross any lines the way they did the first time...which shouldnt be tough, given the defined enviornment and material they cover these days.

and no, forming a tag team with Jinder Mahal would be fucking ******ed. Im not even going to dignify that stupid ass idea with all the reasons why it is.

I agree wholeheartedly.

There was a thread about Hassan a ways back and I voiced how extremely upset, and still am, about how his career had to end. The guy was on the verge of becoming World Champion and had one of the most successful debuts where he got Heat, and in a deep mic battle with Mick Foley. He became a Top Heel in the WWE in a short amount of time. The Heat he garnered was unreal, great on the mic and even better in the ring. I miss this guy.

But MightyNorCal, I gotta ask you a question. His character debuted like, 2004-ish if I'm not mistaken and his character was an Arab-American facing prejudice because of how his people were viewed after 9/11. 9/11 was 3 years prior and still fresh in people's minds.

If he came back, you think his character could portray that same character. Cause it's been 11 years since 9/11 and the War is pretty much over. I don't think it would be able to work. He would need something new to bitch about, don't ya think?

But MightyNorCal, I gotta ask you a question. His character debuted like, 2004-ish if I'm not mistaken and his character was an Arab-American facing prejudice because of how his people were viewed after 9/11. 9/11 was 3 years prior and still fresh in people's minds.

If he came back, you think his character could portray that same character. Cause it's been 11 years since 9/11 and the War is pretty much over. I don't think it would be able to work. He would need something new to bitch about, don't ya think?

Honestly, it doesn't matter. Shit, what you just said makes the character even better think about it...He is claiming racism and bigotry and whining and crying when you look at it, you think "Oh come the fuck on man, it happened 11 years ago!!"....It adds to the character, if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back