• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could dream matches come true?

JohnJohnson

aka JuanJuanson
I've been thinking about this subject for a while. With the CGI technology available today and with the way WWE has become more entertainment based as of late, do you think it's possible that they might one day start using CGI to create some sort of a "What If" type of show?

If you watch movies like Beowulf, Jack the Giant Slayer or Halo, the CGI looks very real. This technology could be used to create matches that would not be possible. Matches like Big Show vs Andre the Giant, Sting vs Taker, Randy Orton vs any number of legends, Hogan vs Cena, Macho Man vs Punk.

Obviously there are a few problems with this. For one they take away from the amount of work current day superstars put in to their work. And I feel some of the big name matches could overshadow some of the current talent. However, this can be avoided if this was some once a year thing that included several matches on the card. This could be a straight to DVD item that is released around the holiday season. This way they would not need to purchase television time. They would not have to pay superstars to perfrom unless it were for voiceovers. If successful they could even release 2-3 different DVDs around the holiday season. Then you might wonder what happens when they start running out of great matches. If this is even possible, they can always redo epic nights in wrestling history with an alternate ending. "What if Andre the Giant won at WM3?" could feature the match with a different ending and then do a series of clips that shows how it would affect the future.

One benefit of this product is that it would appeal to anyone who is or was a wrestling fan. People who were fans of the older generations would see this as nostalgic choice of entertainment, attitude era fans would get new material, and current fans can see old legends in their primes against their current favs.

Another benefit of this is that no one gets hurt. You can have Hogan perform his leg drop on Cena without blowing out his back. You can have Mankind thrown through a pod in the Elimination Chamber.

Thirdly, there will be not botches! With the ability to review and edit, matches would be essentially flawlessly executed.

Fourth benefit to this, is that there can be polls listed on their app and website to get a feel of what the fans want. This increases traffic to both of these and ensures that the content of the DVD is what fans desire.

I know this seems like a far fetched idea, but 10 years ago who would have thought that WWE would be releasing their own movies, running a reality TV show on E!, talking about social media so heavily, running for senate and in the works of getting their own network. It's crazy and it's out there but it's far more enjoyable than some of WWEs other ventures.

I feel like the graphics really went down hill when switching from the SD! series to the 2K series. The gameplay suffered as well.

I feel like the graphics really went down hill when switching from the SD! series to the 2K series. The gameplay suffered as well.

How do you know the game play suffered? The first 2K game hasn't even come out yet.

Are you talking about switching the title from SD or SD vs Raw to WWE '13? If so it was pretty much the same game with a different title.

As far as the topic at hand.
I don't really see it ever happening. While it would be an interesting idea I think most people wouldn't get behind it. It would also take a ton of work. Having a simulated crowd would also take a lot out of it. A big part of wrestling is crowd reaction and I think taking that away would kind of lessen the thrill of the match. I know Smackdown has been guilty of using canned reactions and editing the show but with cgi you could literally make the crowd favor whoever you want.

Sounds like the Rocky Balboa vs Mason Dixon Idea from the film, where they compare Balboa and Dixon in their primes.

Would be interesting but I doubt it would ever happen. However, if companies can make the hologram 2Pac 'perform' on stage with Snoop Dogg, maybe one day we could see deceased wrestlers holograms fight, like Owen Hart vs Eddie Guerrero or Curt Hennig vs Chris B****t

So you want wrestling without the intangibles that come from instinct and actual human performance? Sounds rather dull. If that's what you're into, go watch a cartoon show or something.

First thing I thought of was Rocky Balboa vs. Mason “TheThis is the greatest idea since WWE started making video games. This would be the perfect flagship show to the WWE Network. I would simply call it WWE Dream Matches.

They could run these all week, featuring one Dream match a night for an hour each show. Having the WWE Universe vote on the SuperStars in the matches on WWE.com and every social media app is also an excellent idea. I’m pretty sure the WWE and the WWE Universe can come up with 52 Dream matches right off the top of their collective heads.

They could even base the month’s Dream matches on the upcoming PPV for that month. For example, November and the Survivor Series could really get the creative juices flowing with a ton of Traditional Survivor Series Elimination matches, like the New World Order vs. D-Generation X. Another example that could be big is January and the Royal Rumble, with a Royal Rumble match featuring 30 former WWE / World Champions.

There are so many limitless possibilities with this, all of which can only be great.

I for one would. It would be something different and intriguing. Pretty much anyone who likes a great variety of entertainment platforms. Sure it's not actual human performance, but it would be the only way to get certain matches out there that would be impossible. A lot of people beg for Sting vs Taker which would be a good match, but if they fought in their primes it would be far greater. As far as human instinct, sure that would be absent, but performers who have been in the ring often with the fantasy participants can give a lot of input to their mannerisms and what not. That way the match would be as accurate as possible.

I love the idea for the rumble. I remember watching an old rumble from like 1990 and thinking to myself how much of a holy shit moment it would be if the lights went out and Kane came out with fire and all. Obviously this couldn't happen, but the fantasy was awesome. When I was a kid I always wanted to see Wolf Pack Sting vs Kane as well. Mr. Perfect vs Ziggler would be great, Prime HBK against anyone. Limitless possibilities.

This idea first spawned from the Tupac Hologram funnily enough but then I realized this would be far less feasible than CGI. As far as the crowd reactions, true they can make the crowd go for whoever they want. That's fine. It's not like when we watch from home we could decide how the crowd on TV will react. Either way we just witness it. Crowd reactions could go based on the real life reactions of crowds towards each participants. Hogan would have fans going nuts, Austin as well. If the two wrestled each other you could have the crowd go back and forth kinda like Bryan vs Punk.

I do agree that not very many people will get behind it. People don't tend to be too accpeting of new things that are this far fetched. I do think that it could eventually catch on. They could get some attention for it by featuring it on Smackdown. That way the live Raw crowd wouldn't have to sit through something they didn't pay for. On SmackDown it can be editied in. Similar to the time they would air older matches. This would possibly increase SD! viewership.

As far as the gameplay suffering, I was referring to the WWE 12 and 13. I didn't like the gameplay on them at all.

Many years ago, I think it was 1990, ESPN and NFL Films did something like this. They used old footage of different great football teams to hold a tournament to come up with a greatest team of all time. I think the '78 Steelers won but it got boring pretty quick and I stopped paying attention.

This idea is interesting but it's not exactly original. If it can be done really cheap it would be worth a try but I don't think George Lucas is giving this technology away for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back