Could Bray Wyatt be The Undertaker's son?

fouldsy91

Pre-Show Stalwart
Obviously I mean in kayfabe terms when I say this, just putting this so I don't get the "he's IRS's son" comments.

This is something I've thought since the start of the Bray Wyatt character on TV, I posted about it during the Kane feud, but back then that was probably too early to tie in the family angle if it is true.

Bray Wyatt is the next Undertaker character in the WWE. He has essentially replaced The Undertaker with his mystique and sometimes supernatural abilities. His promos recently have made me think about this again, but his radio interview has made me think about it more.

He states that the person knows that it is him who he is talking about, and that he used to fear him when he was younger. I mean to us it is really obvious he is referring to Taker, but how would Taker know (kayfave wise) since he has had nothing to do with Bray? There must be some link there.

What do people think?

I think that would be an utter disaster and I refuse to believe the WWE creative would go through with that in the day and age of THE DEATH OF KAYFABE. It could easily skew and turn Wyatt into a huge joke.

His gimmick is fine and clearly what he means of fearing the Taker when he was younger is that almost all of us did when we were in the arena at age 7 and the lights would dim and the bells of death would start ringing. That shit was freaky. But now that he is a deranged cult leader himself, he could care less about The Undertakers aura.

The death of kayfabe whilst Kane is still called The Undertaker's brother on air, and Paul Bearer's son.

A lot of people know that Bray Wyatt is the son of IRS, but he's a character on screen that has never been linked with it. It's a gimmick so eerily similar to The Undertaker's that there is a possibility.

Everyone knows that The Undertaker is nearly done and Bray has replaced him, it would give the WWE a reason to continue Taker and Kane's legacys when they are both done, especially if he beats him at Wrestlemania.

Hey, you're entitled to your own opinion. I don't think Bray needs anything added to his gimmick as he is already the 2nd most over guy in the WWE only to Daniel Bryan. I just hope the Undertaker is gonna job to him at Mania. Another high profile loss could really hurt his development IMO.

Fans except the Taker/Kane/Bearer situation because it came from an earlier era. It is hardly mentioned and plays no role in current story lines. This idea involving Wyatt being Takers son would not fly as a new development. Even the casual fans would take a massive dump all over this.

Wyatt is the new Taker? Aside from being mysterious figures the characters have little in common. Bray needs to worry about being Bray and not the next somebody.

The answer to the OP's question is NO. Bray Wyatt is not the second coming of the Undertaker, he is Bray Wyatt, a very poor imitation.

Wyatt's feuds have no rhyme or reason to them. They start out of nowhere and end up the same way. What started out as a very unique and interesting character has been chipped away at by creative until it resembles a cardboard cutout of the original.

I've said it before, Bray Wyatt is ahead of his time. There is no one else in the WWE like him and creative doesn't know how to handle it, so they have destroyed what could have been something special. The long rambling promo's that he gets into make no sense half the time, and not much comes from them. He's gold on the mic, but his words come out empty.

Before Bray Wyatt can ever be considered on par with the Undertaker, he has to stand on his own two feet first. If he can't do that he will forever be in Undertaker's shadow.

It could be interesting, but you know that WWE will bungle with the continuity later on. Remember when Edge and Christian were supposed to be brothers? They stress the Reigns/Uso/Rock connections, even though they never acknowledged the relation when Reigns was destroying them all back during the days of the Shield. Will they ever acknowledge that Bray and Bo are brothers and will that imply that Bo is Taker's son too? That...could be funny.

The writers would have to get their shit together, but I personally don't see it.

Edit: Actually, I think Navi just said it very well. If he is Taker's son, that means he's aligning himself to fit comfortably within Takers shadow.

Talk about a plot twist lol. Undertakers son? I see where you're coming from however Bray Wyatt did have a feud with Kane and I'm pretty sure he never mentioned anything about Kane being his uncle. Imo a match against the Undertaker would although revive the Bray Wyatt character, who would go over? Undertaker already lost last year so losing back 2 back wrestlemanias would not look good at all for taker and could piss a lot of fans off and even if bray Wyatt did beat taker, what would be next? I can't see him getting a title shot over Reigns, Rollins, Bryan. The streaks gone so the match becomes less meaningfull. Its a shame really as this time last year I thought he would be in a much better position in the wwe as one of if not the top heels they have instead I can't decide whether he is a tweener or a midcard heel.

Maybe if Bray Wyatt won the match against John Cena last year at wm 30 then people would have probably took him more seriously as a threat within the wwe whc picture.

I've had this theory for a long time, and even more now than ever it might ring true.

I don't believe Bray Wyatt is related to Kane or The Undertaker.....HOWEVER....as the story goes Taker and Kane's mother died in a fire, and Undertaker believed Kane had as well.

What is their Mother's name? I bet it'll be Abigail. The mother thought dead created a demon to destroy the demon that tried to kill her or something like that.

It makes sense.

The ONLY way that this should happen is if Katie Vick is the mother!! Book it!!!

Seriously though, for this to happen, they'd need to have it go back to when he was first the Deadman, and there is re-writing history, and then there is this.....

Obviously I mean in kayfabe terms when I say this, just putting this so I don't get the "he's IRS's son" comments.

This is something I've thought since the start of the Bray Wyatt character on TV, I posted about it during the Kane feud, but back then that was probably too early to tie in the family angle if it is true.

Bray Wyatt is the next Undertaker character in the WWE. He has essentially replaced The Undertaker with his mystique and sometimes supernatural abilities. His promos recently have made me think about this again, but his radio interview has made me think about it more.

He states that the person knows that it is him who he is talking about, and that he used to fear him when he was younger. I mean to us it is really obvious he is referring to Taker, but how would Taker know (kayfave wise) since he has had nothing to do with Bray? There must be some link there.

What do people think?

I don't think it would work. Maybe they could go at an angle saying Bray used to be admire him as a kid etc. Everybody knows the whole Undertaker family tree.

It would be interesting if they linked Taker's mom to Bray somehow like was said before. That would be pretty cool but its not necessary and really runs the risk of being a disaster.

I think if they simply went with the fact that Bray watched Taker form the Ministry of Darkness and that is what inspired him to start his own family of misfits and demons, only like the Ministry to see it destroyed by greed, etc. that would be a pretty cool, simple, safe, and most importantly effective way to evolve Wyatt's character, link him to Taker to make a feud have some sense, but not keep Wyatt locked into Taker permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back