Confusion with Titus O'Neil

DCLXVI

Getting Noticed By Management
Does anyone else find it a little odd (considering more and more WWE fans are becoming privy to NXT) they have brought Titus O'Neil into NXT to be a big heel who can sling those guys around and now seems to be developing a feud with Sami Zayn (arguably one of their best know wrestlers)... Yet on WWE he is being used as a comedy fodder jobber with Heath Slater and Hornswaggle? Does this make anyone scratch their heads?

Not really. NXT is WWE's developmental territory and Vince wants fans to have the notion that the majority of the NXT roster isn't on the same level as the main roster. Or, at least, I think that's the sort of image that he wants to project because he doesn't want it to seem like the main roster can be outshined by "rookies."

On the main roster, Titus O'Neil has gone as far as he's going. I think Titus' big problem isn't that he isn't talented, but that he was so late in getting into pro wrestling in the first place. He was about 32 or 33 years old when he first started, he's 37 years old now and there are a lot of guys on the roster who're both younger and have far more experience in the business than him. John Cena's the same age, yet has more than a decade's longer experience. Since Titus is someone that's not gonna be helping carry the company for the next decade, he's ultimately gonna be used to put over younger talent in NXT. Since he's spent the past several years exclusively on the main roster, even though he's had very little success, that time spent on the main roster supposed to give the impression that he's a very, very substantial threat to the developmental roster.

If it doesn't really make sense, it's understandable. It's a perfect example of Vince McMahon's special brand of logic and as long as he thinks it makes sense, then everybody else in the company has to go along with it.

Titus has the potential there, he just got crappy storylines that led to where he is. NXT is probably the guy's second chance. Although I can see the confusion with his standing right now on the main roster, I suppose it is meant to be Vince's way of saying "RAW is that much better than NXT we can send one of our jobbers down as a legit competitor"

It's really the equivalent of, let's say, a fringe bench player in MLB going down to AAA Ball and thriving. Or going to Japan, wherever. Not what you want to think when it comes to the really good players in NXT, but the intended perspective, and rightly so, is that WWE is going to be a major step up from NXT that if the young bucks are gonna have a VERY hard time breaking through, the inverse should be true; a floundering hapless jobber can be revitalized as a credible threat.

The comments about this being 'illogical' seem to come from one point of view; that NXT has been consistently more entertaining than Raw and that entertainment should trump perceived talent, but where's the storytelling drama in THAT?

It's really the equivalent of, let's say, a fringe bench player in MLB going down to AAA Ball and thriving. Or going to Japan, wherever. Not what you want to think when it comes to the really good players in NXT, but the intended perspective, and rightly so, is that WWE is going to be a major step up from NXT that if the young bucks are gonna have a VERY hard time breaking through, the inverse should be true; a floundering hapless jobber can be revitalized as a credible threat.

Quite a few of the NXT have come up to the main roster and done quite well and had no trouble breaking through. 3 of them are in the main event scene right now. Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose were all products of the NXT system, and so were Dallas, Rose and Paige. I'm sure there is someone I've forgot, but anyway.

As a matter of fact, Ambrose won the US title, Reigns and Rolllins held the tag titles, and Paige is in the best Diva's feud in a while with AJ. She also won the Diva's title. Sin Cara has gone down to NXT and won the tag titles over a team that destroyed the locker room.

So I don't think that there is a problem making the main roster. I mean it's not getting any younger is it? They need to start bringing these guys up and getting them involved, and they need to do it soon.

EDIT: Oh I forgot Rusev, not surprised about that though.

Quite a few of the NXT have come up to the main roster and done quite well and had no trouble breaking through. 3 of them are in the main event scene right now. Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose were all products of the NXT system, and so were Dallas, Rose and Paige. I'm sure there is someone I've forgot, but anyway.

As a matter of fact, Ambrose won the US title, Reigns and Rolllins held the tag titles, and Paige is in the best Diva's feud in a while with AJ. She also won the Diva's title. Sin Cara has gone down to NXT and won the tag titles over a team that destroyed the locker room.

So I don't think that there is a problem making the main roster. I mean it's not getting any younger is it? They need to start bringing these guys up and getting them involved, and they need to do it soon.

EDIT: Oh I forgot Rusev, not surprised about that though.

Still fits the Majors/AAA reference, because there are always Top Prospects destined to be called up. And even if it's easier than it looks to get up there, do you get any drama out of it? Gotta treat it more like a TV Series than a real competition, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back