Competitions

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
There are a lot of them, and have been a lot of them. A lot of them have been quite successful, in fact, the movie tournament got me posting a lot when I was a young poster.

Basically, I see the site in three different sections.

Wrestling
Non Wrestling
Posters

All three of them work together to make this forum successful. I think there needs to be a balance of course between them.

We just finished the Games Tournament (NWS) and are on to the third round of the Tag Team Tournament (WS). The Debater League (WS/Poster) still marches on, entering the playoffs soon. The CLDL is then on the march after that (NWS/Poster). We also have the Sitcom Tournament and the Sports Tournament coming up in the future, and of course, when March hits again, the Wrestling Tournament.

Seems to be a lot on the plate of WZ. I have a question for each and everyone of you.

Should we keep the Debaters Leagues going on? They are a LOT of work, just as tournaments are. I have spent a lot of hours on it. And the payoffs have been incredible. I have read some of the best posts on this site in them. And I am excited for FTS's DL, which will also be starting up soon.

So who wants to run the next one? Should it be Wrestling or Non Wrestling related? I could do the next one after FTS's, or FTS can do it as well if he wanted, but I know he will realize how much work it is and want a break. So who wants the responsibility if I don't run it and he doesn't?

I would like to see one for films. But, it would purely creative. For example, such questions as "What was in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction?" would be asked. Participants would be judged mainly on creativity.

I would like one that is totally mixed, one week it could be on films, others on games, others on wrestling and the others on politics. Gives some variety

You could have guest hosts for the competition each week

Yeah like say week 1 was on politics FTS could do the topics, week two was on gaming say I could, week 3 music Ty could etc

I love tdigle's idea. We could talk about Unreveal's and Mind Screw Endings in books, movies, comics...

its a drag on, every sunday I had to make the threads had to stop them every friday, had to think up 100 debate topics, had to judge over my weekend, had to keep track of scores, and the most difficult job, getting the other judges to judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back