Coming Attractions Thread

The Iceman

[YOUTUBE]V5BPFpzaMwE[/YOUTUBE]​

THE ICEMAN is the true story of Richard Kuklinski, loving husband, devoted father, ruthless killer. He is believed to have killed 100 people between 1964 and 1986.

The Iceman doesn't have an official release date yet, but this film is expected to hit theaters in 2013.

Wow. Michael Shannon could earn another Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Richard Kuklinski. The supporting cast features a nice set of talented actors and actresses, and the story of Richard Kuklinski should bring a strong sense of realism to this film.

The Company You Keep

Release Date: November 15, 2012

[YOUTUBE]2_y9Qo6-syE[/YOUTUBE]​

The story centers on widower Jim Grant, a former Weather Underground militant, wanted for a bank robbery and murder, who hid from the FBI for over thirty years, posing as an Albany attorney. He becomes a fugitive when his identity is exposed by an aggressive young reporter. He must find the one person who can clear his name before the FBI catches him, while protecting his 11-year-old daughter.

Shia LaBeouf is heading down the path of a "serious actor." LaBeouf is turning his back on Hollywood for a career on the Indy scene, but this trailer is very underwhelming. The Company You Keep looks like your standard political thriller, but the cast is pretty solid. Acting should be the major highlight of this film, because the story is so bland. I'm a fan of LaBeouf, and I want to support him, so I will give this one a try.

No trailer yet, but here's the official synopsis and movie poster for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D:

The-Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre.jpeg

“‘Texas Chainsaw 3D’continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper’s 1974 horror classic left off in Newt, Texas, where for decades people went missing without a trace. The townspeople long suspected the Sawyer family, owners of a local barbeque pit, were somehow responsible. Their suspicions were finally confirmed one hot summer day when a young woman escaped the Sawyer house following the brutal murders of her four friends. Word around the small town quickly spread, and a vigilante mob of enraged locals surrounded the Sawyer stronghold, burning it to the ground and killing every last member of the family – or so they thought.

Decades later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young woman named Heather learns that she has inherited a Texas estate from a grandmother she never knew she had. After embarking on a road trip with friends to uncover her roots, she finds she is the sole owner of a lavish, isolated Victorian mansion. But her newfound wealth comes at a price as she stumbles upon a horror that awaits her in the mansion’s dank cellars…”

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

Release Date: January 11, 2013

[YOUTUBE]9246msCh7x4[/YOUTUBE]​

Catching up with Hansel (Renner) and Gretel (Arterton) 15 years after the traumatic incident involving a gingerbread house, the siblings have evolved into vengeful bounty hunters dedicated to exterminating witches. Over the years, the siblings became expert hunters, famous for their proficiency at tracking and taking down their prey. Although still recovering from their ordeal, their work is relatively easy as for an unknown reason harmful spells and curses do not work well against them.

The Mayor of Augsburg recruits them to rid the town and nearby forests of an evil sorceress (Janssen) who is planning to sacrifice many local children at the witches' gathering during the upcoming 'Blood Moon' night in two days time. To make things worse, the duo also has to deal with the brutal Sheriff Berringer (Stormare) who has taken power in Augsburg and conducts a very indiscriminate witch-hunt of his own.

I guess you have to appreciate the attempt to provide a dark twist for this famous fairy tale. Including the gingerbread house won't help anything, but Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters might be okay. Although, the tone of this trailer feels kind of confusing. I guess they're going in the direction of a horror comedy, but the action sequences feel kind of serious. Witch Hunters is hitting theaters during the dead zone month of releases for mainstream movies, so that's not a good sign at all. Still, I want to give this one a try. Hansel & Gretel are bounty hunters, who hunt witches for a living; that's enough to hook me in.

Airborne

Release Date: October 16, 2012 (Straight-to-video)

[YOUTUBE]NwDooSUdl1c[/YOUTUBE]​

When a storm starts closing in, air traffic controller Malcolm (Hamill) sends one last plane into the sky - but after takeoff, the passengers aboard discover the pilots have been brutally murdered. Suddenly the plane disappears from radar, and one by one, the people aboard turn into dangerous, bloody psychopaths. With time running out, the survivors must unlock the deadly mystery in their midst - and find a way to land the plane before their ultimate nightmare is unleashed!

Mark Hamill portrayed one of the most iconic characters in the history of cinema, and now he's starring in straight-to-video horror movies. Airborne could be okay, but this trailer is terrible. Die hard Hamill fans will surely give this one a try, but Airborne will just become another forgettable film during Hamill's post Star Wars' career.

247°F

Release Date: October 23, 2012

[YOUTUBE]HHAbGYf5n9Q[/YOUTUBE]​

Four friends travel to a lakeside cabin for a carefree weekend, the fun turns into a nightmare when 3 of them end up locked in a hot sauna. Every minute counts and every degree matters as they fight for their lives in the heat up to 247°F.

Tyler Mane provided an intimidating performance as Michael Myers in Rob Zombie's Halloween films, so seeing him as a normal guy feels kind of strange. I don't have big hopes for 247°F. It could be an entertaining horror film, that features a deadly claustrophobic setting, but this trailer is so underwhelming. I want to give this one a try, but as of right now, I'm not so sure.

New red band trailer for Seven Psychopaths:

[YOUTUBE]r6ppFLdRAwE[/YOUTUBE]​

The Bay

Release Date: November 2, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]ctkkn1qSYKw[/YOUTUBE]​

Director Barry Levinson heads to found-footage territory with this Lionsgate biological-outbreak horror film told through characters' home-video footage. Michael Wallach provides the script.

You know something, trailers for found-footage films always look great, but when you finally watch the actual film in its entirety, you'll most likely see a giant piece of shit. Hopefully, The Bay won't fall into the same category, because I want to take a chance on this. I sense some strong similarities to The Crazies (remake and the original), but The Bay could provide a few good scares, and this film should feature some graphic gore.

The Impossible

Release Date: December 21, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]Bgw394ZKsis[/YOUTUBE]​

Maria, Henry and their three sons begin their winter vacation in Thailand, looking forward to a few days in tropical paradise. But on the morning of December 26th, as the family relaxes around the pool after their Christmas festivities the night before, a terrifying roar rises up from the center of the earth. As Maria freezes in fear, a huge wall of black water races across the hotel grounds toward her.

The Impossible could be an emotional and gripping drama, that features a strong sense of realism, but this trailer gives away too much. They pretty much show you a short highlight reel of the entire film from beginning to end, and watching the movie just feels pointless now. Still, I might give this one a try, because I am a fan of Ewan McGregor.

On The Road

Release Date: January 11, 2013 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]N9vsE0llyBM[/YOUTUBE]​

Jack Kerouac's seminal pseudo-autobiography finally heads to the big screen thanks to director Walter Salles Jr. (The Motorcycle Diaries) and producer Francis Ford Coppola. The tale is semi-based on the author's trips across America, with fiction intertwining with reportedly real events and people met along the way. The starring cast includes Kristen Stewart, Sam Riley, and Kirsten Dunst. Josà (C) Rivera provides the adaptation.

Never read the book, but On The Road could be worth watching. Besides Viggo Mortensen, the cast really doesn't excite me. Kristen Stewart can't act, and her presence is a huge turn-off for me. On The Road could provide a emotional story of self-discovery, but as of right now, I don't have high hopes for this one.

A featurette for V/H/S:

[YOUTUBE]uRdIuMkp4qQ[/YOUTUBE]​

Lincoln

Release Date: November 16, 2012

[YOUTUBE]3bPn4Pbe8UA[/YOUTUBE]​

Steven Spielberg directs Daniel Day-Lewis in "Lincoln," a revealing drama that focuses on the 16th President's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, Lincoln pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come.

Spielberg? Daniel Day-Lewis? Abraham Lincoln? This film will receive some Oscar nominations; you can guarantee it. Daniel Day-Lewis is a great actor, and I'm expecting a powerhouse performance from him. It's nice to see a respectable attempt at a Lincoln biopic, because in other 2012 films, the former President was put into storylines as a zombie killer and vampire hunter.

Texas Chainsaw 3D

Release Date: January 4, 2013

[YOUTUBE]GqCe2pDfICE[/YOUTUBE]​

Texas Chainsaw 3D’continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper’s 1974 horror classic left off in Newt, Texas, where for decades people went missing without a trace. The townspeople long suspected the Sawyer family, owners of a local barbeque pit, were somehow responsible. Their suspicions were finally confirmed one hot summer day when a young woman escaped the Sawyer house following the brutal murders of her four friends. Word around the small town quickly spread, and a vigilante mob of enraged locals surrounded the Sawyer stronghold, burning it to the ground and killing every last member of the family – or so they thought.

Decades later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young woman named Heather learns that she has inherited a Texas estate from a grandmother she never knew she had. After embarking on a road trip with friends to uncover her roots, she finds she is the sole owner of a lavish, isolated Victorian mansion. But her newfound wealth comes at a price as she stumbles upon a horror that awaits her in the mansion’s dank cellars…

I like what I see here. Hot women, teased scenes of brutal gore, and plenty of gruesome kills. Any slasher fan couldn't ask for more, and I'm really looking forward to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D.

Of course, complaints of another "lame horror remake" are starting to surface. But let me remind you of something, nothing and I mean NOTHING can be as bad as The Next Generation. It's not just a bad Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, it's one of the worst movies of all-time. Just like Batman & Robin, The Next Generation is the black sheep of this franchise.

The 3D won't bother me too much, and truth be told, I'm kind of getting used to it. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D should provide plenty of carnage and sickening deaths, and I waiting until January 4th is going to kill me!

Mama

Release Date: January 18, 2013

[YOUTUBE]HdxCyO-oXXQ&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]​

Guillermo del Toro presents Mama, a supernatural thriller that tells the haunting tale of two little girls who disappeared into the woods the day that their parents were killed. When they are rescued years later and begin a new life, they find that someone or something still wants to come tuck them in at night.

Five years ago, sisters Victoria and Lilly vanished from their suburban neighborhood without a trace. Since then, their Uncle Lucas (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) and his girlfriend, Annabel (Jessica Chastain), have been madly searching for them. But when, incredibly, the kids are found alive in a decrepit cabin, the couple wonders if the girls are the only guests they have welcomed into their home.

As Annabel tries to introduce the children to a normal life, she grows convinced of an evil presence in their house. Are the sisters experiencing traumatic stress, or is a ghost coming to visit them? How did the broken girls survive those years all alone? As she answers these disturbing questions, the new mother will find that the whispers she hears at bedtime are coming from the lips of a deadly presence.

I'm a big fan of Guillermo del Toro's work, and Jessica Chastain had an incredible breakout year in 2011, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. This trailer is genuinely creepy, this film should provide some good scares, and Mama could be one of the better horror films in 2013.

Beautiful Creatures

Release Date: February 13, 2013

[YOUTUBE]_Mmo4GzMMqw[/YOUTUBE]​

A supernatural love story set in the South, “Beautiful Creatures” tells the tale of two star-crossed lovers: Ethan (Alden Ehrenreich), a young man longing to escape his small town, and Lena (Alice Englert), a mysterious new girl. Together, they uncover dark secrets about their respective families, their history and their town.

Meh. Never read the novel, but Beautiful Creatures could be a decent supernatural romance drama. This trailer looks good, but the story could devolve into a barrage of predictable cliches.

The Collection

Release Date: November 30, 2012

[YOUTUBE]msSH5v6tK9k[/YOUTUBE]​

When Elena's (Emma Fitzpatrick) friends take her to a secret party at an undisclosed location, she never imagined she would become the latest victim of The Collector, a psychopathic killer. The Collector kidnaps and transports her to an abandoned hotel he's transformed into his own private maze of torture and death. Upon learning of his daughter's disappearance, Elena's wealthy father (Christopher McDonald) hires a group of mercenaries to retrieve her from the vicious grips of The Collector. These mercenaries coerce Arkin (Josh Stewart), the only man to have escaped the wrath of this heinous monster, to lead them through the gruesome labyrinth. Now, Arkin finds himself fighting for his own life in order to save Elena.

Finally watched The Collector a few months ago, and for the most part, it was pretty underwhelming. Just a lot of senseless violence and gore, with a mediocre story, and the main villain reminds me of Jigsaw. Just take away the moral high ground, add a mask, and you've got Jigsaw version 2, or you can call him "The Collector."

Anyway, the sequel could be okay. I'm not expecting anything great, but I will give The Collection a try. This film will probably feature more intense and graphic gore, the traps should be more viscous, and the torture scenes will be more sadistic. Although, I'm hoping for a better story this time around, but bloody violence will probably triumph over character development and a sensible plot, unfortunately.

Stand Up Guys

[YOUTUBE]NApJNjPTqZs[/YOUTUBE]​

Two criminals getting on in their years head out on the road to let loose one final time in this action comedy from director Fisher Stevens. Al Pacino, Christopher Walken, and Alan Ark star in the Lionsgate release.

Pacino might star in a good movie next year? This is unbelievable......

Stand Up Guys could be an entertaining comedy/drama. The pairing of Christopher Walken and Al Pacino is intriguing, and I like the idea of Pacino portraying a bad ass character with a sensitive side. He's a lot older now, but Pacino is more than capable of delivering a good performance.

New red band trailer for Sinister:

[YOUTUBE]a0cRjDrCezc[/YOUTUBE]​

Gambit

[YOUTUBE]cBkR43TSzZ4[/YOUTUBE]​

Colin Firth and Cameron Diaz headline this remake of the 1966 crime caper directed by Michael Hoffman (The Last Station) and written by Joel and Ethan Coen. A British thief (Firth) discovers that no plan is infallible when he recruits a beautiful woman (Diaz) to help him steal a priceless statue from an impossibly wealthy widower (Alan Rickman). Despite the fact that his pretty accomplice bears an uncanny resemblance to his affluent target's late wife, things quickly spin out of control once the job gets under way.

Gambit doesn't have an official release date yet, but this film is expected to hit theaters in 2013.

A screenplay by The Coen Brothers and a cast that features Colin Firth and Alan Rickman? I'm not going to miss Gambit, not a chance. Definitely looking forward to this one, and Gambit could be one of the more memorable comedies in 2013.

Promised Land

Release Date: December 28, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]Nth8V8DvDXw[/YOUTUBE]​

Matt Damon plays Steve Butler, an ace corporate salesman who is sent along with his partner, Sue Thomason (Frances McDormand), to close a key rural town in his company's expansion plans. With the town having been hit hard by the economic decline of recent years, the two outsiders see the local citizens as likely to accept their company's offer, for drilling rights to their properties, as much-needed relief. What seems like an easy job for the duo becomes complicated by the objection of a respected schoolteacher (Hal Holbrook) with support from a grassroots campaign led by another man (John Krasinski), as well as the interest of a local woman (Rosemarie DeWitt). Promised Land explores America at the crossroads where big business and the strength of small-town community converge.

Kind of a dull trailer, but Promised Land could be okay. Matt Damon and Frances McDormand should deliver a pair of good performances, but the story really doesn't do anything for me. Promised Land will probably devolve into a sappy drama, but I might give this one a try.

Release Date: April 13, 2012

[YOUTUBE]6hww-Xxbud0[/YOUTUBE]​

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures are teaming up with director Brian Helgeland for "42," the powerful story of Jackie Robinson, the legendary baseball player who broke Major League Baseball's color barrier when he joined the roster of the Brooklyn Dodgers. "42" will star Academy Award(R) nominee Harrison Ford ("Witness") as the innovative Dodger's general manager Branch Rickey, the MLB executive who first signed Robinson to the minors and then helped to bring him up to the show, and Chadwick Boseman ("The Express") as Robinson, the heroic African American who was the first man to break the color line in the big leagues.

42 could become one of the more popular biopics next year. The story of Jackie Robinson's MLB career will draw a good amount of interest amongst moviegoers, and Harrison Ford looks great in this trailer.

The Details

Release Date: November 2, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]wYjtgScZ64M[/YOUTUBE]​

A suburban family man inadvertently opens up a Pandora's Box of dysfunction, treachery, and murder while attempting to grow the perfect lawn, and run a family of raccoons off his property. Jeff (Tobey Maguire) and Nealy Lang (Elizabeth Banks) have an ideal marriage; they've just celebrated their 10th anniversary, they've got a spacious house in a nice neighborhood, and a newborn son to make their family complete. But Jeff has lost the ability to love his wife, and he's desperate to regain the spark that's made their marriage work for the past decade. His inner malaise growing deeper by the day, Jeff diverts his attention to nurturing a lawn that will be the envy of all his neighbors. One problem leads to another, however, when Jeff begins an obsessive mission to rid his yard of some unusually persistent raccoons, and has an unsettling encounter with his reclusive, feline-hoarding neighbor. Before Jeff knows it, a simple pest control problem has snowballed into a full-blown existential crisis involving bows and arrows, extortion, and multiple extramarital affairs.

A quirky black comedy with Tobey Maguire as the lead man sounds good, but I don't have high hopes for this one. The Details should feature some good performances, but the story worries me. It seems too convoluted, but The Details could be a surprising hit this year.

Syrup

[YOUTUBE]sB617GdwSuk[/YOUTUBE]​

The average person has three million-dollar ideas per year. Scat, an unemployed marketing graduate who knows you don't get noticed calling yourself Michael, has had his first. It's a sure-fire ticket to the life of shallow fame and fleeting celebrity he craves. But first he has to deal with 6, who is possibly the love of Scat's life or possibly ripping him off, and Sneaky Pete, marketing genius, refugee from Tokyo, and Scat's best friend—as far as Scat knows. Based on the novel by Max "Maxx" Barry.

No official release date yet, but Syrup should receive a limited theatrical run in 2013.

Amber Heard is one of my favorites, but she probably won't rise to the ranks of a top actress in Hollywood anytime soon. The Rum Diaries gave her the best chance to become a breakout star. Starring alongside Johnny Depp and Aaron Eckhart provided the golden opportunity, but Heard's role was reduced to the hot and promiscuous blonde.

Syrup could be a unique comedy/drama, and the premise is intriguing. I like the idea of Heard as femme fatale, and she looks great in this trailer.

This Must Be The Place

Release Date: November 2, 2012

[YOUTUBE]kplFGDHuYy4[/YOUTUBE]​

Cheyenne is a former rock star. At 50 he still dresses "Goth" and lives in Dublin off his royalties . The death of his father, with whom he wasn't on speaking terms, brings him back to New York. He discovers his father had an obsession: to seek revenge for a humiliation he had suffered. Cheyenne decides to pick up where his father left off, and starts a journey, at his own pace, across America.

Creepy and strange.

These are the two words I would use to describe this trailer. Sean Penn's presence will create some buzz for this one, and This Must Be The Place could be an emotional and gripping drama. This film has seen multiple releases at various film festivals over the past year, and the reviews haven't been too favorable, but I want to take a chance on this.

Smashed

Release Date: October 12, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]aHqKc0Fqa08[/YOUTUBE]​

Kate (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) and Charlie (Aaron Paul) are a young married couple whose bond is built on a mutual love of music, laughter and drinking...especially the drinking. When Kateʼs drinking leads her to dangerous places and her job as a school teacher is put into jeopardy, she decides to join AA and get sober. With the help of her friend and sponsor Jenny, and the vice principal at her school, the awkward, but well intentioned, Mr. Davies, Kate takes steps toward improving her health and life. Sobriety isnʼt as easy as Kate had anticipated. Her new lifestyle brings to the surface a troubling relationship with her mother, facing the lies sheʼs told her employer and calls into question whether or not her relationship with Charlie is built on love or is just boozy diversion from adulthood.

She might choose some bad films every now and then, but Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a talented actress. She's horribly underrated, and Smashed looks pretty good so far. Smashed could have one of those emotional and gut-wrenching endings. It'll be a sad film, but I'm hoping for some laughs along the way.

42 actually hits theaters in 2013. Sorry about that, wasn't paying attention.

Stoker

Release Date March 13, 2013 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]T5kW1MUNc30[/YOUTUBE]​

After India's father dies in an auto accident, her Uncle Charlie, who she never knew existed, comes to live with her and her emotionally unstable mother. Soon after his arrival, she comes to suspect this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives, but instead of feeling outrage or horror, this friendless girl becomes increasingly infatuated with him.

Stoker should be a dark and disturbing horror film, and the cast is pretty solid. Nicole Kidman is the highlight of this trailer, and she'll probably deliver the best performance, but Mia Wasikowska could provide some tough competition.

The Identity Thief​

Release Date: February 8, 2013

[YOUTUBE]3_JtxUNa8n8[/YOUTUBE]​

A comedy centered on a man and the woman who steals his identity.

Well, I guess this could be funny. Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy do form an odd pairing, but their feud in this film could produce some laughs. The premise is simple, but it's something different, and Identity Thief could become a popular comedy, because McCarthy and Bateman are two well-known names.

New trailer for Paranormal Activity 4:

[YOUTUBE]JwcfaYh0cOQ[/YOUTUBE]​

The Lords Of Salem

[YOUTUBE]JEV-I_JWwqU[/YOUTUBE]​

Rock star-turned-horror maven Rob Zombie conjures up a nerve-wracking chiller involving Heidi (Sheri Moon Zombie), a radio station DJ, who receives a wooden box containing a vinyl record, “a gift from the Lords.” She assumes it’s from a band trying to promote themselves. Heidi and others listen but unbeknownst to them, the bizarre sounds within the grooves immediately trigger flashbacks of Salem’s violent past. Is Heidi going mad or are the Lords of Salem returning for revenge on modern day Salem?

The Lords Of Salem doesn't have an official release date yet. Anchor Bay Films acquired the US distribution rights a little while ago, bu the status of a theatrical release is unknown at this time.

I have mixed feelings for Rob Zombie's work. I enjoyed the Halloween remake, but H2 was a giant clusterfuck, and The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto is too weird and whacky. But Zombie's films usually bring a passionate reaction out of horror fans. Some people love his work, and Zombie has developed a nice little cult following, but some people hate anything with Zombie's name attached to it.

The Lords Of Salem will be a sick and twisted film, I'm sure of it. I've seen every Rob Zombie film ever made, and this man is one sick fuck. Sherri Moon Zombie delivered a pair of solid performances in the Halloween remakes, but can she carry this film as leading actress? It's a big concern, because I never seen any "star" qualities from Rob's wife.

A Good Day To Die Hard

Release Date: February 14, 2013

[YOUTUBE]wVkzZD92cMQ[/YOUTUBE]​

John McClane (Bruce Willis) heads to Russia in this fifth installment of the Die Hard film series. Skip Woods (The A-Team) provides the script, with Max Payne's John Moore directing.

Bruce Willis returns for a fifth Die Hard film as John McClane, and A Good Day To Die Hard should be a fun action blockbuster. It took a while, but Die hard 4 eventually grew on me, and nothing can stoop to the low levels of Die Hard 2, so I am looking forward to this.

Parker

Release Date: January 23, 2013 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]4GMBXStd3SA[/YOUTUBE]​

Donald Westlake's pulp hero Parker is once again brought to the big screen in this thriller from director Taylor Hackford (Ray). Jason Statham picks up the Parker mantle from other iconic actors who have played him through the years -- most notably Lee Marvin in Point Blank and Mel Gibson in Payback. Jennifer Lopez, Clifton Collins Jr., Wendell Pierce, and Nick Nolte co-star.

Statham usually delivers a fun action flick, and I like the supporting cast. Statham has found a niche style as the lethal ass-kicking machine. This formula works for him, and Parker should be a cool action/thriller.

The Guilt Trip

Release Date: December 25 ,2012

[YOUTUBE]ezuLn0Eel6g[/YOUTUBE]​

An inventor and his mom hit the road together so he can sell his latest invention.

Seth Rogen and Barbra Streisand? Well, this has to be one of the oddest pairings ever. The Guilt Trip could be a nice feel-good holiday film, but I don't have high hopes for this one.

The Lone Ranger

Release Date: July 3, 2013

[YOUTUBE]1DU-qZP014I[/YOUTUBE]​

From producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski, the filmmaking team behind the blockbuster "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, comes Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films' "The Lone Ranger," a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice-taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) and man of the law John Reid (Armie Hammer) are opposites brought together by fate and must join forces to battle greed and corruption.

I've never been a big fan of The Lone Ranger, but I'm a huge fan of Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, so I will take a chance on this. Armie Hammer showed some real promise in The Social Network and J. Edgar, but Depp will be the main attraction for this film. The Lone Ranger will be one of the more high profiled blockbusters next year, and the first teaser trailer packs a powerful punch.

And just in case you missed it, here's another trailer for Gambit:

[YOUTUBE]EdGVjejgtVA[/YOUTUBE]​

Hitchcock

Release Date: November 23, 2012

[YOUTUBE]3rQuRLERl6A[/YOUTUBE]​

HITCHCOCK is a love story about one of the most influential filmmakers of the last century, Alfred Hitchcock and his wife and partner Alma Reville. The film takes place during the making of Hitchcock's seminal movie Psycho.

Odd timing for this release. If I'm not mistaken, HBO is planning to release a full-length film starring Toby Jones as Alfred Hitchcock. This film will explore the relationship between Hitchcock and Tippi Hedren (leading actress in The Birds). "The Girl" is supposed to premiere on HBO this Saturday or next Saturday (I'm not sure), but Hopkins' Hitchcock will surely overshadow The Girl, and a late October release won't help anything.

Anthony Hopkins will receive an Oscar nomination for this role. Hopkins is a praised and talented veteran actor, and he's portraying one of the most iconic filmmakers ever, so Hopkins will find his way into the Best Actor category. Scarlett Johansson and Hellen Mirren are fantastic in this trailer, and Biel is the spitting image of a young Tippi Hedren.

Broken City

Release Date: January 18, 2013

[YOUTUBE]Q3HgYu1atOo[/YOUTUBE]​

Broken City follows the story of an ex-cop who trails the wife of New York City's mayor and finds himself immersed in a larger scandal.

For fuck's sake, is Mark Wahlberg even trying anymore? Sorry, but Broken City looks like another boring and generic crime drama. The Departed, The Fighter, Ted, and The Other Guys were all enjoyable films, but Wahlberg is still horribly inconsistent. Remember The Happening, We Own The Night, and Contraband? Broken City features a very solid cast, but this trailer is very underwhelming.

Movie 43

Release Date: January 25, 2013 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]bDXYldI4MKs[/YOUTUBE]​

Take a hilarious director, add a brilliant cast, mix in some twisted jokes, remove all boundaries, and then stand back...way back. In Movie 43, comedy is served steaming hot (literally) by director Peter Farrelly of The Farrelly Brothers (Something About Mary, Dumb & Dumber) in one of the most shocking, original, and dangerous comedies ever made. Starring Johnny Knoxville, Gerard Butler, Anna Faris, Seann William Scott, Hugh Jackman, Richard Gere, Uma Thurman, Halle Berry, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts, Kate Bosworth, Kate Winslet, Terrence Howard, Liev Schreiber, Elizabeth Banks, Justin Long, Kristen Bell, Patrick Warburton, Josh Duhamel, Jason Sudeikis, Chloe Grace Moretz, Stephen Merchant, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jack McBrayer, Kieran Culkin, and Chris Pratt, Movie 43 is jaw-dropping, uproarious, outrageous fun. Warning: not for the weak-stomached, faint of heart, or easily offended.

Hmmm, a raunchy and offensive comedy, featuring a high profiled cast? Sounds interesting.

Movie 43 could be hilarious, or it could turn into one giant, unfunny disaster. Either way, Movie 43 is going to be one of those "hit-or-miss" comedies.

Alter Egos

Release Date: October 19, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]5wEH2vOkX0I[/YOUTUBE]​

Alter Egos takes place in a world in which superheroes have recently lost all government funding and public support. It centers on an under appreciated superhero who jeopardizes a dangerous mission with his own emotional crisis--his girlfriend is cheating on him with his alter ego.

I like what I see here. It feels like a nice mix of Mystery Men and The Defendor, but the main cast features heroes with powers. Alter Egos could be an enjoyable and quirky comedy about superheros, and I want to take a chance on this.

Carrie

Release Date: March 15, 2013

[YOUTUBE]t-Ra9EEIGLg[/YOUTUBE]​

A reimagining of the classic horror tale about Carrie White, a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother, who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom.

It's just a teaser, but everything looks good so far.

Brian De Palma's 1976 adaptation is a horror classic, easily a contender for the best Stephen King novel adaptation ever. Sissy Spacek's performance in the original is just perfect, but Chloë Grace Moretz is the right choice for the lead. She probably won't top Spacek's Carrie, but Moretz is one the best child actresses in Hollywood, so I'm expecting a strong performance from her.

A Haunted House

[YOUTUBE]_-Jpky27w_k[/YOUTUBE]​

Marlon Wayans stars as a homeowner whose partner (Essence Atkins) is possessed by a devil in this Paranormal Activity spoof from Open Road Films.

I like the idea of spoofing Paranormal Activity and The Devil Inside. Paranormal Activity is an overrated found-footage horror franchise, and The Devil Inside was just awful. Paranormal Activity and The Devil Inside deserve a good spoof film, especially The Devil Inside. Marlon Wayans should provide some good laughs in the leading role. The supporting cast features David Koechner, and Nick Swardson is regulated to a supporting role here, but Cedric The Entertainer annoys me.

With all that said, this trailer still scares me. I'm sensing some strong similarities to the post-Wayans Brothers Scary Movie films, and this isn't a good thing at all.

Price Check

Release Date: November 16, 2012 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]dbDcgJpDsQk[/YOUTUBE]​

Pete Cozy does his best juggling family life, rising debt and a dead end job, but when his new boss, Susan, a sexy, powerful, human dynamo shows up, Pete is pulled into the maelstrom that is her life and made to work harder than he ever has before. Suddenly, money and opportunities come his way, but at what price?

Parker Posey is one of my favorites. The quirky, unhinged and narcissistic character works, and more importantly, it's entertaining. Blade III was shit, but Posey's verbal duels with Ryan Reynolds were hilarious.

But I don't have high hopes for Price Check. The story feels to straightforward, and this trailer just gives away the entire film.

Evil Dead

Release Date: April 12, 2013

[YOUTUBE]7cbTG63xsxs[/YOUTUBE]​

In the much anticipated remake of the 1981 cult-hit horror film, five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.

I'm indifferent to this trailer. It's not horrible, but at the same time it doesn't excite me. The gore and the violence is sickening and unreal (the knife to the tongue at the end of the trailer....ouch!), and the Evil Dead remake should provide some unforgettable gross-out moments. Still, this trailer really doesn't do anything for me, and an Evil Dead film without Bruce Campbell is going to feel so weird.

The remake will have some big shoes to fill. Personally, I prefer Evil Dead 2 over the original, and Army Of Darkness was pretty fun. The Evil Dead trilogy is a sacred treasure for horror fans, so the remake will receive a ton of nitpicky criticisms, and the mainstream critics will probably have a field day with this one.

Iron Man 3

Release Date: May 3, 2013

[YOUTUBE]2CzoSeClcw0[/YOUTUBE]​

Marvel's "Iron Man 3" pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

Well, it's a Marvel superhero film, it's Iron Man, and Robert Downey, Jr. is returning in the starring role. Iron Man 3 could be the biggest box office hit of 2013, and Iron Man 3 should help build some more momentum for the second Avengers film.

New trailer for Die Hard 5:

[YOUTUBE]oW9uT2wQFC0[/YOUTUBE]​

Side Effects

Release Date: February 8, 2013

[YOUTUBE]cEQDMFveSbQ[/YOUTUBE]​

SIDE EFFECTS is a provocative thriller about Emily and Martin (Rooney Mara and Channing Tatum), a successful New York couple whose world unravels when a new drug prescribed by Emily's psychiatrist (Jude Law) - intended to treat anxiety - has unexpected side effects.

Side Effects looks like a darker version of The Vow mixed with Contagion. Sorry, but when you combine Channing Tatum's (and Jude Law's) presence with Steven Soderbergh's directing, the similarities are kind of hard to ignore.

Side Effects could be an okay thriller, and Rooney Mara has a part in this one, so it's an instant must-see film for me.

New trailers:

[YOUTUBE]zCybEuSsxm8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]d-fg0ec_5nM[/YOUTUBE]​

Silent Night

Release Date(s): November 30, 2012 (limited theatrical release)/December 4, 2012 (DVD/Blu-Ray release)

[YOUTUBE]RhLw3GmHQqA[/YOUTUBE]​

McDowell and King star as a small-town sheriff and deputy on the hunt for a murderous Santa Claus terrorizing their community on Christmas Eve. But with the streets full of Santas for the annual Christmas parade, the killer is hiding in plain sight. He’s made his list, checked it twice, and the naughty are going to pay with their lives.

Ugh, the horror fan inside of me WANTS to believe in this loose remake for Silent Night, Deadly Night, but I can't. Truth be told, the overwhelming majority of horror remakes are shit. Of course, you'll have a few exceptions every now and then. Halloween 2007, Friday The 13th, and the 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake really isn't a bad film at all. But the colossal failures still outweigh the handful of successful films. Plus, let's not forget about the last shitty Christmas themed horror remake. Black X-Mas 2006 (standard and unrated versions) was loaded with attractive women, and the kills were very gruesome and creative, but the entire film was pretty dull.

Although, when it comes to directing, acting, and overall execution, the 1984 original isn't something to brag about. There's room for improvement, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for something good. Oh, and the 2012 Santa is beyond creepy (mainly the dark, emotionless eyes), and he's using a flamethrower as a weapon, but Santa still has the signature axe from the original.

Come Out & Play

[YOUTUBE]6GG32b56xjg[/YOUTUBE]​

A young couple on vacation takes a small boat to a picturesque island. On arrival, they find a strangely isolated world, one seemingly devoid of adults. At first, they shrug off the strangeness and think it's nothing more than a traditional siesta. But soon it becomes clear that something horrible has happened and, if they want to survive and protect their unborn child, they must commit unthinkable atrocities. Makinov's film is a remake of WHO CAN KILL A CHILD, a rarely seen film from the 1970s that has a special place in the heart of horror fans. COME OUT AND PLAY places its protagonists in an unthinkable situation with a horrific challenge in front of them. After you have seen this film, what once sounded so innocent, the laughter and cheers of a child, will send chills down your spine.

Couldn't find any theatrical release dates for this one, but Come Out & Play is expected to have a DVD/Blu-Ray release in 2013.

I like this trailer. It's creepy and mysterious. Come Out & Play looks like a mix of Turistas, Village Of The Damned, and Children Of The Corn. Come Out & Play could be a brutal and gory horror flick, that delivers some nice jump scares along the way, and I'll keep an eye on this one.

The international trailer for G.I. Joe Retaliation:

[YOUTUBE]cExjEv45GPI[/YOUTUBE]​

Warm Bodies

Release Date: February 1, 2013

Zombies love people, especially their brains. But R (Nicholas Hoult) is different. He’s alive inside, unlike the hundreds of other grunting, drooling undead—all victims of a recent plague that drove the remaining survivors into a heavily guarded city. Now the Zombies roam about an airport terminal, searching for human prey and living in fear of the vicious Boneys, the next undead incarnation.

One day, R and his best friend M lumber toward the city in search of food. There, R first sets his eyes on JULIE (Teresa Palmer), a beautiful human. Determined to save her—first from the other Zombies and then from the Boneys—R hides her in his home, a cluttered 747 aircraft. Julie is terrified, and R’s grunted assurances of “Not…eat” do little to calm her. But when R begins to act more human than Zombie, coming to her defense, refusing to eat human flesh, and even speaking in full sentences, Julie realizes that R is special.

After a few close calls with the Boneys, and with her father mounting an armed search for her, Julie realizes she can’t hide forever. So she sneaks back home, leaving R broken-hearted. Desperate to see her, R decides to comb his hair, stand a little straighter, and impersonate a human long enough to get past the city guards. If only he can prove to the humans that Zombies can change, maybe R and Julie’s love might stand a chance. But with the rampaging Boneys heading toward the city and Julie’s father intent on killing R and his Zombie friends, the stage is set for an all-out battle between the living and the undead.

A genre-bending tale of love and transformation, WARM BODIES is a story about a boy who loves a girl…for more than just her body.

This trailer looks good. It's quirky, funny, and the violence and gore is noticeably toned down here. Warm Bodies could be an excellent horror comedy, but when it comes to zombie flicks, I'm beyond burnt out. After the success of Zombieland, Hollywood and smaller film studios developed this raging hard-on for zombie films. Plus, I'm slowly getting back into The Walking Dead (still getting through season 2), so I reached my tolerance level for zombies a while ago.

World War Z

Release Date: June 21, 2013

[YOUTUBE]HcwTxRuq-uk[/YOUTUBE]​

Max Brooks' epic tome of a fictional time of global war against the undead is brought to life in this Paramount Pictures/Plan B production. Quantum of Solace's Marc Forster directs from a script by Changeling scribe J. Michael Straczynski. Brad Pitt stars as a journalist covering the disaster, with Mireille Enos, Anthony Mackie, and Bryan Cranston heading up the rest of the cast.

Oy vey, more zombies, and I'm not familiar with the source material. :suspic:

Well, Brad Pitt is taking a shot at something different, and Pitt is one of my favorite actors, so I'm going to take a chance on this one.

Jurassic Park 3D

Release Date: April 5, 2013

[YOUTUBE]gz6jkQKuylo[/YOUTUBE]​

Steven Spielberg's phenomenally successful sci-fi adventure thriller is graced by state-of-the-art special effects from the team of Stan Winston, Phil Tippett and Michael Lantieri from George Lucas's Industrial Light & Magic. The film follows two dinosaur experts -- Dr. Alan Grant (Sam Neill) and Dr. Ellie Sattler Laura Dern) -- as they are invited by eccentric millionaire John Hammond (Richard Attenborough) to preview his new amusement park on an island off Costa Rica. By cloning DNA harvested from pre-historic insects, Hammond has been able to create living dinosaurs for his new Jurassic Park, an immense animal preserve housing real brachiosaurs, dilophosaurs, triceratops, velociraptors, and a Tyrannosaur Rex. Accompanied by cynical scientist Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum), who is obsessed with chaos theory, and Hammond's two grandchildren (Ariana Richards and Joseph Mazzello), they are sent on a tour through Hammond's new resort in computer controlled touring cars. But as a tropical storm hits the island, knocking out the power supply, and an unscrupulous employee (Wayne Knight) sabotages the system so that he can smuggle dinosaur embryos out of the park, the dinosaurs start to rage out of control. Grant then has to bring Hammond's grandchildren back to safety as the group is pursued by the gigantic man-eating beasts.

You know something, Usually, I can't stand the trend of re-releasing famous Hollywood blockbusters, but Jurassic Park is one of those movies that needs to be seen on the big screen. Watching Jurassic Park in a movie theater really enhances the extravagant and awe-inspiring side of this film, and you can't experience these feelings on DVD or Blu-Ray.

I'm okay with this, but I will have a problem, if they release the cinematic turd known as the Lost World, and Jurassic Park 3 (not a terrible film, but the lame stand-off ending with raptors really irritates me).

New trailer for The Last Stand and a featurette for Les Miserables:

[YOUTUBE]oc0x-jiewTE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]STv2Z0AB_TI[/YOUTUBE]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back