CM Punk WINS The WWE Championship!!! Cena fired???

Here is my view on where they are going.

A big factor here is the fact that we have an number one contender for the title in Alberto Del Rio. We know they want to push him, and he is set to become champion eventually so why would CM Punk win?

The bottom line is that he won't.

The scary thing is that weighing everything up, it seems like the whole thing has the potential to just fizzle out.

Cena is not going to get fired, he is too big of a draw. They need him appearing every week on raw. They are not going to do another screw job because there are no other major faces on raw, so they can't turn Cena heel. Alberto Del Rio, R-Truth, Miz all heel and CM Punk is leaving, at least for a bit, so they can't turn him into some sort of pro wrestling saviour.

I would love them to do something off the wall, such as having Punk leave as champion, but with the limited roster at the moment, I can't see them doing that.

Bottom line is that I believe the following will happen;

Vince helps Cena beat Punk, or at least congratulates him as if all is forgiven for their bust up on Raw. Then, and this format is rough, Vince low blows Cena and Alberto Del Rio comes down to the ring, cashes in and wins the title. Vince has a new champion, Del Rio is over as a heel and Cena has a new storyline.

I can't see CM Punk winning, not only because of what I mentioned earlier, but because of the comment he made on the Australian Tour. The WWE is not going to risk drawing bad PR by putting Punk at the centre of a major storyline.

ok. so we have all expressed what are dream outcomes are and what great things wwe could do with this story.......but...SCREEEECH!!!! back to reality. this IS wwe we are talking about. the writers are great at building story and creating feuds, but they are horrible at finishing them. sure we would all love to see punk win and mitb cash in and lose and see punk "leave" with the title and come back in a few months. but lets face it. EVERYONE is leaving del rio out of the equation. he DID just win a triple threat #1 contenders match to go for title at mitb. so whats really going to happen is del rio is going to be pissed/jealous that punk got suspended indefinetly then gets unsuspended AND gets the title shot back and leaves del rio having to fight in mitb in which he wil not win. so he gets involved in the match causing punk to leave without the title and creating a stale feud between del rio and cena. and then at the rumble punk returns to cause del rio to lose the rumble and sets up a del rio and punk feud at mania.

ok. so we have all expressed what are dream outcomes are and what great things wwe could do with this story.......but...SCREEEECH!!!! back to reality. this IS wwe we are talking about. the writers are great at building story and creating feuds, but they are horrible at finishing them. sure we would all love to see punk win and mitb cash in and lose and see punk "leave" with the title and come back in a few months. but lets face it. EVERYONE is leaving del rio out of the equation. he DID just win a triple threat #1 contenders match to go for title at mitb. so whats really going to happen is del rio is going to be pissed/jealous that punk got suspended indefinetly then gets unsuspended AND gets the title shot back and leaves del rio having to fight in mitb in which he wil not win. so he gets involved in the match causing punk to leave without the title and creating a stale feud between del rio and cena. and then at the rumble punk returns to cause del rio to lose the rumble and sets up a del rio and punk feud at mania.

As I said in my post at the bottom of the previous page I see Del Rio as a major part in this as well. However he isn't going to get involved in the match as such, as he needs to maintain his heel personna, they more likely option is that he, with the help of Vince, cashes in on Cena after the match after winning the Money in the Bank.

CM Punk v Del Rio at Mania makes no sense. Both are top drawer heels. Del Rio will defend again Cena at SummerSlam and retain. Punk could quite possibly return after this to feud again with Cena, or do something different altogether. Del Rio could then feud with JoMo when he is heeled up or they will have to push someone else up to the top.

Another option is Wade Barrett cashing in the Smackdown Mitd as well, whether he wins or loses is up in the air, but I am pretty sure they can cash on either chamption and I don't see much left for Barrett on Smackdown.

I just hope that Punk wins.. Cena gets fired and gets his time off to heal.. MITB winner comes down, cashes in on Punk and Punk beats his little ass and keeps the belt and leaves the company with the title..

I'm just so sick of the MITB winner winning on the cash in, it makes the whole thing predictable, if they would have at least had 2 or 3 or the winners cash in and lose.. then it could be a little unpredictable

A couple weeks ago I predicted a Punk/Mcmahon swerve to get Cena fired and punk the title. While I still think that's what will happen I'm now hoping it goes a different way..

What if Colt Cabana is there, he comes down with Punk or is in the stands and near the end of the match gets involved and costs Punk the match. Vince can come out and tell Punk that he bought Colt Cabana and those "wrestlers" he is speaking/fighting for will sell him out at the drop of a hat.

This could let Punk take time off and give him a reason to come back and maybe bring in some more "wrestlers" on his side to take on Colt and the "entertainers".

That was just insane.

CM Punk just makes this seem so real like he's speaking from the heart (For all we know he is)

Every week he just mentions more "No-No's" like former wrestlers, or other wrestling promotions.

Cena also was pretty good tonight though. I really enjoyed his rant but even though it was good it wasn't near the level Punks was.

Its been a long time since I have seen so many people just grab hold of a storyline and be this pumped up for a single match. At this point its like screw the Ladder matches and just make the whole PPV about this Match. Have CM Punk cut an hour and a half promo and then have them wrestle for another hour. (I'm kidding of course but WOW)

As we all saw the "contract negotiations" at the end of RAW, I couldn't help but think about something.

2 weeks ago and tonight, Punk has made some comments that the IWC has been saying for awhile now. Just a few instances from tonight...
~ The WWE title being ugly and needing a change
~ Vince doesn't care about what the fans want
~ Friends of Punk's that got fired because Vince said they "deserved it"
~ Cena being the dynasty superstar right up there with the Patriots and Celtics

I personally LOVE it! I also feel that this has to have Triple H's hand in it a bit. I dont think Vince would've went with it without some extra push from Hunter. Yeah I know its all kayfab, but there are aspects of it that none of us know. Like what happens. For once in a long while WWE is running with an unpredictable story. I hope we continue to see some realism, I hope...after its all said and done, more stars continue this (doubtful I know). But could you see Joe Henning (I refuse to call him by his WWE name) come out one night and say what we all would want him to say?

So I ask all of you...
IS THIS STORYLINE BRINGING OUT SOME REAL LIFE ISSUES THAT HAVE PLAGUED WWE FOR SO LONG?

WHERE DOES WWE GO FROM HERE AFTER THIS IS ALL OVER?

WILL WWE CONTINUE ON OCCASION TO BREAK THE FOURTH WALL AND BIRNG IN REALISM INTO THEIR STORYLINES?

ARE WE SEEING THE START OF A NEW ERA WHERE YOUNGER STARS WILL FINALLY BE PUSHED BETTER?

How many people can basically turn John Cenas home town against him?! CM Punk had EVERYONE in that building eating out of the palm of his hand. The start of perhaps a Cena heel turn? I doubt it. But if WWE doesn't find a way to keep Punk around, then wow, they're idiots. I'm sure Punk will take a few months off, return at Royal Rumble or something. Or who knows, maybe something will happen at MiTB NO ONE is expecting and he'll win and stay? I can't wait for Sunday.

Probably the BEST damn promo i have ever seen. It had everything! Punk completely DOMINATED the entire night, ill be honest, i didnt care one bit about the matches, I was anticipating the ending to the show and as JR would say "Bah Gawg" it was absolute perfection. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Punk was perfect, even from the begining promo to open the show. He spoke from the heart and soul an gave that promo the life it needed. He completely strangled Cena and Vince and he made them tap! I got all excited hearing Punk say that he was gonna change the title because it was if i remember correctly. "Far to ugly for far too long". YES!

Now one thing that was amazing other than Punk was the Crowd!
Boston was WHITE HOT!! They kept the night alive and they stuck through, did you hear Cena at the end, he got no reaction to his entrance. Its his home town and he hardly got a reaction at the end.

Punk is GOD!!
Oh can someone please make me a CM Punk sig please......Please!?

(Being a New York Yankee fan kinda sucks today, but fuck em. Im a Jets fan too XD.)

I'm terrified for the WWE if Punk doesn't resign. There is NO WAY they're gonna miss this chance. NO way. Punk has to resign.

Oh, and to the "Well this is WWE so don't get your hopes up" people - if this was any other storyline I'd say damn right, but as far as this angle goes, no this isn't WWE. This isn't boring. This isn't repetitive. This isn't poorly written. This isn't lazy. This isn't for the kids. It's not the WWE and I expect it to not be the WWE when it comes to MITB.

Not a huge fan of throwing the entire show under the bus, content wise, just to harp on this storyline but who am I to complain when stuff like this are happening.

Wow.

There hasn't been a match that was hyped up so well in a while. CM Punk and John Cena are both golden on the mic and you can tell they're putting on their best show. I can't wait for MiTB it's going to be an amazing match. Only a month long rivarly and everybody is buzzing about it. If CM Punk does choose to resign this is easily feud of the year.

Rock said Punk can't draw pshh...

CM Punk just Stone Cold Steve Austin'd himself, he's a face whether he or the company wants him to be or not. The seeds of truth in his promos ring true especially for the male demo that carries the product. The fans, atleast in the hot markets are behind him(NY/BOS/LA/CHI/PHI/TO) Now in the lesser markets he may still be the "bad" guy but the fact he's being allowed to attach bits and pieces of truth to things is what's working.

That was just insane.

CM Punk just makes this seem so real like he's speaking from the heart (For all we know he is)

Every week he just mentions more "No-No's" like former wrestlers, or other wrestling promotions.

Cena also was pretty good tonight though. I really enjoyed his rant but even though it was good it wasn't near the level Punks was.

Its been a long time since I have seen so many people just grab hold of a storyline and be this pumped up for a single match. At this point its like screw the Ladder matches and just make the whole PPV about this Match. Have CM Punk cut an hour and a half promo and then have them wrestle for another hour. (I'm kidding of course but WOW)
Punk made Cena look like an amateur! hate to say it but Cena really dragged down the last segment.....until Punk closed it off.

Wow, just wow, I'm glad WWE is letting CM Punk show the world how good he can be. And i will admit (as much as i hate to say it) Cena impressed me on Raw as well. I just wish he showed this intensity with The Rock when they promo against each other, instead of coming across all goofy, which if Punks does leave is all Cena will return too.

I don't know what will happen at MITB, but i will be shocked if Punk wins, and I'm hoping he does. and not just because of this recent stuff from punk, i've always liked him, I'm sick of Cena with the belt. When there are so many other deserving talents who should hold it.

I know this is a long shot but i'm hoping they have re-signed Punk and put a deal in place where he will win this belt, but is allowed to take a certain amount of Independent Bookings, maybe even a few ROH or New Japan appearances, just to stick with the storyline, and shock the world, and keep with this buzz that this story is producing, (maybe even TNA, but again highly doubtful), meanwhile back in WWE, they make a new title, (i think this has been suggested on forums here as well), trying to erase the one Punk has, and the embarrassment to the company and Vince etc, eventually Cena once again becomes champ, or something and this brings Punk back to WWE to remind everyone he is the one true Champion etc, etc. Story has a lot of potential.

Even if, Punk isn't allowed to go to ROH, TNA (again i know it's a long shot before i get 'bashed' here) etc, at least a few independent bookings to legitimize the story, Punk can take a well deserved break for a few months to strengthen this. I would like to see WWE go all out in this story but i doubt they will. Either way, it's not like what we are witnessing isn't impressive, or History making. Can't wait for MITB!

Wow, just wow, I'm glad WWE is letting CM Punk show the world how good he can be. And i will admit (as much as i hate to say it) Cena impressed me on Raw as well. I just wish he showed this intensity with The Rock when they promo against each other, instead of coming across all goofy, which if Punks does leave is all Cena will return too.

I don't know what will happen at MITB, but i will be shocked if Punk wins, and I'm hoping he does. and not just because of this recent stuff from punk, i've always liked him, I'm sick of Cena with the belt. When there are so many other deserving talents who should hold it.

I know this is a long shot but i'm hoping they have re-signed Punk and put a deal in place where he will win this belt, but is allowed to take a certain amount of Independent Bookings, maybe even a few ROH or New Japan appearances, just to stick with the storyline, and shock the world, and keep with this buzz that this story is producing, (maybe even TNA, but again highly doubtful), meanwhile back in WWE, they make a new title, (i think this has been suggested on forums here as well), trying to erase the one Punk has, and the embarrassment to the company and Vince etc, eventually Cena once again becomes champ, or something and this brings Punk back to WWE to remind everyone he is the one true Champion etc, etc. Story has a lot of potential.

Even if, Punk isn't allowed to go to ROH, TNA (again i know it's a long shot before i get 'bashed' here) etc, at least a few independent bookings to legitimize the story, Punk can take a well deserved break for a few months to strengthen this. I would like to see WWE go all out in this story but i doubt they will. Either way, it's not like what we are witnessing isn't impressive, or History making. Can't wait for MITB!

This is an interesting idea, but it has an obvious flaw. If CM Punk shows up to ROH or another indy fed with the title, the casual fans will never know. The only people who will ever know are the IWC. And everyone on the IWC will know that if CM Punk shows up anywhere with the title, that it was obviously cleared with Vince first. The only people that could potentially be fooled are casual fans. And again, casual fans will never find out unless WWE plays clips of it, which they'd never do. So while it sounds good, I just don't see any reason why WWE would bother doing it.

I'm just hoping that if CM Punk does sign a new contract that he doesn timmediately take a break. He has way too much momentum right now to just leave and let it stop. And if he does leave then hopefully WWE lets him win the title and lose it to one of the MOITB participan just so he can win in his hometown. The crowd pop wouldbe incredible.

Absolutely phenomenal work by Punk last night. Definitely the best storyline for a long time for which has to take the vast majority of credit for. He had me hooked on every word.
Cena on the other hand almost ruined each segment with his stupid unfunny babbling.

Cena babbling on about Punk speaking for the fans but then he will leave after MITB.
Well Cena, as Vince was about to sign the "contract" before you interrupted then Punk could not leave after MITB as he would be contractually unable to do so.
But Cena interrupted so contract wasn't signed.

Also, did anyone else notice how much more of a Bawston accent Jawn had when he spoke??? What a cabbage!

I really thing Punk is staying. I really don't know how they could do this whole "breaking the 4th wall" type stuff, and then Punk leaves. Punk has so much momenteum right now, he's probably the top heel right now, but Punk in one promo is able to have fans on his side. Seriously, fans were chanting for Ice Cream bars and Colt Canana last night, whens the last time a ice cream bars chat was on RAW? I think CM Punk has a huge chance to be a anti-hero, very much like Stone Cold. I just can't see all this over the top promo's, only for Punk to leave for a few month's. Punk will leave and he will lose his momenteum, all of this draw power Punk can bring for this company, the unpredictablity that Punk will bring, the edginest Punk can bring.

It'll all work very well for the WWE, it'll be the dawning of a new era, WWE can still be PG, but have more edgier character's, a anti-hero, people allowed to cut their own promo's, WWE doing stuff that's against politically correct. CM Punk could be the guy to lead into a new era. He has the talent, the look, the mic skill's, really everything you need for a complete wrestler.

Even if Punk wins at Chicago, and the MITB winner (say Del Rio) comes out and wins it, he won't be cheered for the next few week's. Even though alot of the kids probably want Punk gone, becuase he's a heel, alot of other fan would love for Punk to stay. And, honestly, I can't see Del Rio having the same heat or draw that Punk was able to make himself in a month.

I think WWE may have struck gold with this storyline, with Punk, and will have a very good future if they do something crazy at MITB. There are so many outcomes for the match, and people are even making possible outcomes of a double turn, which is possible. Hell, anything is possible. I just think that if CM Punk was t oleave now, even a break, it would be a mistake for Punk, and the WWE for letting him go. Punk is lightning in a bottle, someone the only comes up once is a long while, a complete talent, a superstar who can get fans on his side in one promo, and superstar who can make even ESPN talk about wreslting, it's something that happen's very little today.

Punk has been absolutely amazing over the last few weeks and has not just out performed John Cena, but everyone else on the WWE roster. He is the most talked about figure in the company who's name isn't The Rock in quite some time. Which makes it even harder for me to accept that the WWE is simply going to let him walk away right now like this. But sadly... I think that's exactly what's going to happen. I think Punk is leaving Sunday and if he does come back it won't be for at leasta few months. And what's even worse is that the next guy who tries to step up and take Punk's spot is going to look so generic in comparison.

What I'm really hoping for though is that Punk does return before Mania. Because I have this feeling deep in my gut that all this talk about "WrestleMania main events" isn't just for shits and giggles. I think that if he wants it the WWE has a plan for Ol' Punker. Because while Cena vs. Rock might be a huge draw, one can't deny that there is another huge draw staring us right in the face. CM Punk vs. Steve Austin.

Yeah, so many circumstances can come out of Punk losing, even to the MITB winner. Imagine Summerslam, Cena vs. Del Rio, and half the match is chant's like "We Want Punk," and "CM Punk."

I can't see how CM Punk can have all of this momentum to just leave, I really don't. Even if it's until the Royal Rumble, he'll lose most of his momentum he has right now. He had the fan's in the palm's of his hands last night, and got the fans to his side during thep romo with McMahon, the fans were chanting for CM Punk, and Colt Cabana. The fans want to see what Punks gonna do, or say next.

WWE now have a guy who, like Austin, is unpredictable, and is getting cheered for being the heel. There is many outcomes at MITB, and a double-turn, mind you being risky, is a possiblity. Especially since it's in Punk's hometown, and it's the place where Cena is most hated, it is a possiblity. Make Vince screw Punk, and align himself with Cena. Then Punk can be the Austin to Cena being The Corporate Champion, The Rock. It'll be very interesting, and a great change in WWE.

If they do go with Punk losing clean, even to the MITB winner and he does leave for a while, I think they might have another "Daniel Bryan firing," backlash on their hand's. Not becuase the smark's like him, becuase Punk was immensly over.

Most of the biggest stars, in the last 30 years at least, have had major runs as both a heel and a face. And any time one of them makes an appearance, like Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, SCSA, they pull a huge favorable reaction. I think if they give CM Punk a good face run, he may go down as one of those legends.

Id love to think CmPunks leaving rants are just a work but if they are,staying on,s gonna be extremely uncomfortable for him IF you believe the hype.
He HAS been brilliant on the mic ,seamingly saying & doing what he likes,maybe to add to Tommy Dreamers motto of wrestling every match like it was your last,,, they should Promo every match like its your last.Wouldnt Cena be less irritating if he could let rip with a battle rap once in a while? Couldnt you just see the PG rating melt away like WWE ice cream bars?
Sorry if this appears like spam or a thread cutter but the headline here is Anything about CmP,in here ,so Im only following orders,&
With fifty pages of comment here & counting,I dont know if its been covered,probably,but isnt MITB 2011 the nearest thing to a montreal screwjob we,ll ever get this decade?
I mean,once again,,Hogans joined the enemy,& a Monday Night Wars was immediatly attempted,WWE are losing stars if not ratings & are lead by someone vince doesnt seamingly like but for business,makes him star of the show.A clean living star wants to leave & take the title with him,& will do so,in his home town.His sudden rants making it easier .for the fans to hate him & show him the door.sound familiar? Only instead of DX invading the ring (which Bret was TOLD would be the original ending) Vince,ll be saved by the MITB winner cashing in.Yeah,we know there,s a safety valve this time around,& TNA arent the threat yet they looked like being a year ago but still,
If theres a grain of truth about CmPunks rants,I would ask him to talk to Christian ,RTruth & Gail Kim about life outside WWE,Maybe he thinks he has a life outside WWE,fair do,s.but at the end of the day,WWE can go on without CmPunk or AnybodY,time,ll tell if the opposite is true.Fortunately for Punk the WWE exit door tends to be a revolving one.
At the end of the day I cant help being reminded of HBKs constant quote from Randy Savage which goes along the line of You cant do nothing about it if you leave.Aint that the truth got get!

I know were all kinda tired of hearing about CM Punk but I just got to thinking, with the buy rates for SS plummeting this angle could breath life into it. My idea punk wins sunday runs to ROH and even New Japan Dragon Gate hell even CZW for All I care just get 6 guys like Colt the KOR and others come november. On the other side get cena and the other main eventers from the E? Thoughts or am I just stupid?

if i was vince i would do it, and also if i were the owner of roh i would do it, as long as wwe puts the roh talent over, that way roh as a company might get recognized and gets some fans or thousands of fans. And if i were vince i would try to have a great relationship with roh because roh has great talent that can go to wwe, and wwe can help roh by establishing them, and that way TNA will suffer, even thought i watch tna every week, WWE is always #1 to me.

Like most I believe what WWE is doing with punk is awesome and has the potential to change the landscape… if done right.
Now if WWE has really resigned Punk I would love to see them do something like this:
At MITB have Punk win only to have Vince come out with both of the MITB winners. He sends one down and punk manages to win. Vince livid, sends the other winner down and announces it as a no holds barred match with him as the special ref. Punk looks to be in trouble but Colt Cabana (also secretly signed) makes the save, taking out the MITB winner. As Punk makes the cover, Colt puts Vince in a submission forcing the 3 count. Punk and Colt celebrate and leave through the crowd. Vince ends the show by firing Cena.
Next Raw have Vince come out to make an announcement only to be interrupted by Dolph (who retained at MITB), now claiming to be the Premier Champ and new face of Raw. As you can guess this leads to other stars coming out to stake their claim (The Miz, Del Rio, ect.). As they argue Vince cuts them off to make his announcement… only to be interrupted once again.
Out of the crowd steps Punk with a loudspeaker and the WWE title. He says there is no face of Raw because he is the one with the belt. Vince demands it back and Punk say he doesn’t work for Vince and no longer takes his orders. Vince calls for security, but Punk stops him. Punk says that Vince shouldn’t do that if he wants a chance to get his belt back. Punk says he will give Vince a chance, but will make his life a living hell first. He’ll show Vince what it’s like to be bullied. Vince looks the stars in the ring and says he has an idea, he’ll just have them kick Punk’s ass and take the title. Punk just laughs and says Vince is too predictable. He says he thought Vince might try that so he brought some friends. Colt and several former ROH and Indy stars come out from the crowd to join Punk. Punk than introduces RAW to the C.M.Nation.
Now we have show wide invasion angle the can rocket the status of different stars new and old. With Cena “fired” he gets some well needed time off to heal. You drag this WWE vs. C.M.Nation feud out till Survivors Series with Punk successfully defending the Belt on his terms. Even have the C.M.Nation manage to take some of the other belts. At S.S. have a WWE star get the ultimate rub by beating Punk for the title.

As a posted in another topic, that's what I hope happens this Sunday...

I would like Vince to screw Cena and align with Punk, Cabana, Gallows and others. You could then have a big evil stable even Hollywood Rock could come in. Cena would lose all the time to that big stable so he will feel fresh again without having to go heel.

Cena is stale because you know he will win (even a part of me right now feel like he will win this Sunday and I will be disapointed if I chose to order the PPV).

Then Cena could feud with Vince and Punk. You then bring Hollywood Rock with Vince to shift the feud. Cena could go through the smaller wrestlers in the group before facing the Rock at Mania. To keep Punk busy at Mania you then bring Vince nemesis... STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN to wrestle Punk at Mania and Mania becomes a MUST watch show.

That or Punk just win and they do an angle with him with the belt, but bringing back the evil boss would really be good in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back