CM Punk Promo Thread (Spam Version)

You know, this is what I'm talking about when I trash all of these morons who claim that the WWE is too predictable. When you swerve constantly, you'll eventually run out of shit that will surprise anyone(WCW, etc.) But when you go through the motions and just carry on, business as usual then something like this happens, it's a legit surprise and it gets everybody talking. So next time everyone wants to bitch about the predictability of WWE, think about what we saw tonight.

Nate is making even more sense than CM Punk right about now

And think about it; in many ways, Punk proved he always has been one of the top guys. Cena and Orton will never get the chance to cut promos like that.

Best promo since Austin 3:16 and one of the best of all time. I really can't think of anything to say besides that, there's no way I can critique it or think of a way to improve it.

He was about to talk about Vince and his anti-bullying campaign. I wonder if he really had a story in mind or he just knew that it would drum up controversy.

I think that must have been the cue for his mic to be shut off. They wouldn't want to interrupt his tirade until he'd shot enough to make it seem real, but not let him go on long enough to make it seem fake. Having a pre agreed cutoff line would be the only way to avoid both problems.

I don't think Cena or Orton could cut a promo like that Paragon. Punk is just too good. He is on his own level.

C.M. Punk just shattered completely the record for most active users on Wrestlezone. C.M. Punk just showed every fan why he is the best and hottest commodity in the industry.

Hell, C.M. Punk just won at professional wrestling.

So the WWE title match has been removed from the Mitb site and Punks "suspension" is all over WWE.com. So I'm a bit more skeptical at whether or not this was in fact a worked shoot.

They're selling it hard. I'm waiting for WWE.com to do the whole future endeavored act and Punk to show up "fired" next week, a la Cena next year. Only bigger. And better.

I don't think Cena or Orton could cut a promo like that Paragon.

True, I doubt they could do it as effectively, but what I meant was, Punk's allowed to do that type of thing because of the character that he's established. The self-righteous guy who nonetheless doesn't take shit from anybody, regardless of how important or famous they are.

Cena and Orton are to a greater and lesser extent respectively, company guys. Even in character, they are the top two faces and even as heels would never even be given a shot at this type of promo.

Interestingly enough I think tonight said a lot about Vince McMahon's faith in C.M. Punk (there's that word again, by the way).

Sign Guy, it was great to be in the LD with you and the others, and I'm glad I stayed up to watch it live with all of you. What a mega night. :)

Steve Austin: @CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen.

Taz: Punk did a great job & I always liked him when we were in wwe together and his work! But I must say... There r many of us who were NEVER pushed to the level Punk was & were NEVER allowed to shoot like that, he's lucky he was allowed to do that

Mick Foley: I have no idea where this @cmpunk thing might go, but I know I'll be watching. Captivating stuff.

Jim Ross: Most compelling, controversial end of Raw in a long time. @cmpunk edgy, attitudinal & full of rage. Don't know what to think. Wow.

Joey Styles: Holy crap! I thought I was bad when I was shooting on Vince and the company. OMG! Holy crap!

I just re-watched it. Maybe he got suspended for referencing December To Dismember? That takes balls.

Errr, I'm hesitant to say that guys like Cena or Triple H couldn't out do what Punk did tonight if they were let off the leash and put in the same position as Punk. That said, they are probably the two most on the leash guys in the WWE, so the chance that we'll ever see anything like this out of them is slim to none. As of right now, Punk has cut the best promo out of anyone currently on the WWE roster, bar none.

Maryse wants Punk for President. I'll have what she's having.

20100422-miz-1-vert.jpg

To recap, Punk just praised Paul Heyman, ripped Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, and Triple H, called John Cena and The Rock out for brown-nosing, mentioned the behind the scenes situation at December to Dismember 2006, mentioned Brock Lesnar and Hulk Hogan, brought up Ring of Honor and Japan (I forget which company exactly; I was too busy marking out), and said hi to Colt Cabana on WWE television within a 10 minute period.

Yeah, I repeat once more, he wins at professional wrestling.

I guess that`s what getting a blowjob is like.

I was fuckin spazzing out. That was just amazing. One of the greatest promos ever. Punk is a GOD.

Easily the best promo I've ever seen and easily the best ending to Raw since the Nexus invasion. Fuck I'm at a loss for words all I can say is that I've never marked out more the I did tonight.

For those who haven't seen it or who want to again..

[YOUTUBE]2OS9wZGb_3g[/YOUTUBE]

CM Punk’s AMAZING 'shoot' promo on Cena, Vince, Dwayne and the WWE in general. Absolutely the greatest promo i’ve seen from any wrestler in 5+ years. THIS IS WHY I LOVE WRESTLING! THIS IS WHY I LOVE CM PUNK!

Well... looks like I'm going to have to get cable re-hooked up for July. LOL Good thing I had service till the end of June.

A rather small detail, but the verification logo on his Twitter page was removed for some reason. That's very strange...

Michael "Mr. WZNexus" V.;3217559 said:
A rather small detail, but the verification logo on his Twitter page was removed for some reason. That's very strange...

I'm pretty sure it was never there.

That was pretty damn awesome. Russo-tastic. I loved it; and I'm tempted to actually watch a WWE PPV for the first time since Mania.

Dude this is going to be so banned here in Latinoamerica. I'm sure as hell of that.

Well I don't wanna say that is "confirmed" but Punk is the best in the world. Is such a shame that VKM doesn't see it.

BTW: What was the problem with December to dismember?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back