CM Punk assaults fan on RAW

I don't blame you. You might be able to get an amount of money that makes a real difference in your life that barely affects WWE at all. Maybe that guy is struggling to make mortgage payments and a lawsuit would save his home. Go for it. Just don't pretend it's about anything other than money.

If you're struggling to make mortgage payments, you probably shouldn't be wasting your money on RAW tickets.

Uh, ASSUALT? :lmao:

even if you are provoked, you cant fucking backfist someone, and then proceed to punch their fucking lights out :lmao:
If this does lead to a lawsuit, it would be hilarious when CM Punk is asked about it he says..

"Well, obviously I didn't hit him hard enough."

If you're struggling to make mortgage payments, you probably shouldn't be wasting your money on RAW tickets.
He said struggling, not intelligent. And who is to say he was the one who bought them? I went to a football game in San Diego on my friends dime. He had extra tickets and offered to take me.

Maybe they'll give this fan John Cena's spot at Hell In A Cell. Vince calls this guy tonight "If you want your revenge, you got it in HEEEELLLLL IN A CEEEELLLLL" :lmao:

Jericho attacked a crowd and nothing happened to him.

If that's true about the dark match main event with Sheamus, then I'm leaning towards a plant or that they may see things his way.

Great ending to Raw though.

Don't think there's any reason to think that a athlete attacking a fan is EVER justified.

They just finished the show as planned and will deal with it later this week.

Errr, if its in self defense? He was in the middle of a heated crowd, and just reacted. The fan should have kept his hands to his fuckin' self. Shit, Punk didnt know, the guy was behind him.

I also wonder if it was a plant because Vince stopped talking right in the middle of his sentance like "oh fuck" and then finished.

Just wanted to clear something up.... The McDonalds suit was originally only for 10k dollats for medical bills alone. the reason it got up so high is because McDonalds kept denying to pay the bill and fighting the case. So the lady was forced to sue for more money to cover court costs. She was 79... and couldn't afford the emergency room bills. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

Laura Cole ‏@Colereporting
@alexitawilmont time to ask him that question.

7m Laura Cole ‏@Colereporting
@alexitawilmont the fan and I just talked for a few minutes then the officers came up and asked to talk with him. So I didn't have enough

14m Laura Cole ‏@Colereporting
Getting questions about whether the fan I talked to actually hit @cmpunk. All I can do is report what the fan told me.

18m Laura Cole ‏@Colereporting
@alexitawilmont I just found the guy and proceeded to ask him some questions. That's all

40m Laura Cole ‏@Colereporting
The fan is still filling out a report with law enforcement.

41m Laura Cole ‏@Colereporting
This fan says his face is a little warm after he says @cmpunk hit him. He also says Punk broke his glasses. pic.twitter.com/0SgQ5HtV

44m Laura Cole ‏@Colereporting
Just talked to the fan that says he was hit by @cmpunk. He says he never hit Punk. pic.twitter.com/ThvmbMsM
A4vO3wlCQAAS20K.jpg:large

Already on twitter like it's nothing. It's safe to say, a bullet has been dodged. Well Linda's gonna lose, but hey we wanted that, right?

On the front page in the comment section, someone that was present said the guy was chanting he deserved it.

The guy that got hit did nothing wrong except act like a bro from long island. The Dark Match between Punk and Sheamus supposedly was a quick two minute match. This suggests to me that they tried to rush it to deal with the situation with Punk backstage. Also understandably Vince was dealing with the situation straight after RAW. JR was tweeting that he was trying to get an interview with him but couldn't.

Punk's a dumbass if he hit the wrong fan. Like most people would do in this situation I'm sure he is planning a lawsuit, especially if he wasn't the one that actually hit Punk. Punk could be in a lot of trouble.

If that was the fan that hit Punk than he got what he deserved. Sometimes fans go overboard and think they can do or say anything they want to them.

They will probably stop having wrestlers run into the crowd after this incident.

I'm just going to come out and say it... There's a small part of me - that nagging voice down deep in the pit of my stomach - that really wants this to turn into some big ordeal. Much the same way as deep down people wanted the John Cena divorce to melt down. People want to see controversy, and there's no better story than CM Punk punching out a fan, potentially getting fired over it, and getting to see the absolute rage he goes on against WWE in the most following. After seeing his DVD I realized he's one of those guys I could see freaking out that he got screwed over yet again, and reaching his boiling point until he just flies off the handle. He's like Austin, but with less company loyalty, and some of his attitude isn't scripted.

I'd love to see the rumor mill and let the situation play out if he got fired, but I don't think it's going to go that far. The difference between Daniel Bryan and Punk is that Bryan was a nobody when he got fired for choking out Justin Roberts. Punk is the WWE Champion, and the biggest thing running in the WWE. I think Vince is smart enough to realize the potentially explosive situation in front of him; if he did fire Punk, there's a really really really good chance he wouldn't come back.

As much as I think it's stupid to bring this point up, for the last year I've thought that if TNA ever wanted to legitimately make a claim at the Monday Night Wars, all they'd need is CM Punk after some sort of big controversy. But again, I don't see anything proceeding that far. Most likely WWE will force Punk to apologize, they'll shower him in free tickets and merchandise, maybe give him a WrestleMania Axxess package, and treat him like a dying Make-a-Wish kid. Because here's the thing...WWE might settle and give the kid some money if they took it to court, but I'm willing to bet just by looking at him that a person his age isn't going to have the resources to take the WWE, or CM Punk, to court. It's been reported he's filed a police report, but that's far different than a law suit. In fact, criminal charges might actual rule out the presence of a suit; don't trust my legal assumptions though. I'm betting at most, Punk gets a slap on the wrist in the form of like, $100,000 or something ridiculous.

I'm sure Punk will be fined some dosh, the WWE will give the guy some free shit on top and the company will work it into the respect storyline next week.

Im gonna put myself in the fans shoes for a minute. To a certain degree I look up to wrestlers. I dont know them personaly, but I watch them so much on tv I feel as though I can relate to them.

CM Punk happens to be my favorite active wrestler who I respect. As I mentioned, I feel like I can relate to him. We dont know exactly why Punk hit him yet but for the sake of it, lets say the fan was innocent.

If im the fan and I get hit by my favourite wrestler, im gonna be real upset and let down. Firstly i would be embarassed. I would also feel let down by a guy I look up to. Imagen getting hit by someone you look up to and admire. You would feel let down, betrayed, dissapointed, etc.

If it happened to me, I dont think I would be able to enjoy the product again because I would forever be reminded of the day I was hit in the face by my favourite wrestler. It would completely ruin something that I have loved since I was 8 years old.

It didnt happen to me, so im gonna keep watching, and enjoying. On one hand this incident has me very interested. Bravo to WWE if it is a work. However I dont think it is a work.

Just seen a new video on youtube. Its on the main wrestlezone newsfeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAniQ0L2S3U&feature=player_embedded

Punk was pissed off with the young fella in the brock shirt who pushed him back. Just after that the bald guy gets pushed from behind and bumps into Punk. Punk turns around and looks pissed off, the bald guy puts is hands up and looks to be apologizing. As soon as punk faces the ring again the bald guy raises his arms and while he is raising them some one pushes him again, only this time the bald guys elbow goes into the back of Punks neck. Punk wasnt to know that the bald guy was being pushed from behind. Punk thought the bald guy was just being a gobshite. Punk reacted and hit him, it was probably the wrong thing to do, but in the heat of it, I think I would of done the same thing as Punk.

Its a big misunderstanding and Punk was not to know if the fan was doing it intentionaly or not. Is is well and good to say in hindsight that Punk shouldnt have hit him, but I think there is just cause in the video footage and I hope that Punk isnt punished too severely because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back