Christy Hemme Upset At Austin Aries?, Details

Holy fucking shit! Punk back slapping a fan after being poked and punched in the ribs is the same as Aries doing a Val Venis impersonation with Hemme's face instead of the turnbuckle?

I don't even like Punk, but this is ludicrous.

Reading his further comments I'm pretty sure Christy didn't have much of a problem with it and they possibly talked about it the seconds prior. Or they're friends and it was a joke between them.

The only source of anger is Christy's later self deleted short reaction to a fan, possibly to sell Aries as a heel and deleting it after seeing the backlash. That's not enough context for me to work with.

If, however, Christy was unexpecting and seriously offended and Aries hasn't apologized, then his further comments are very out of place. But that doesn't really seem likely looking at the situation.

If it's a work, this exactly the reaction it wants. People aren't heels anymore, only more and lesser faces.

The lesser faces get cheered louder, because they are less corny. Smarkdom come. (Not to be confused with WZCW's Kingdom Come, or with Tuesday's Lethal Lottery V).

There needs to be more real heel heat, but the heels have t-shirts, break kayfabe and we need real heels to remind us what marks we are.

If it's a work or Christy doesn't care, I don't care. If she's upset about it, he's a bitch of a man and someone needs to smack him around.

Surely a chauvinist like you doesn't believe things should be entirely dependent on the whims of the female mind.

Vega laid out pretty much the only scenario where Aries could be behaving inappropriately.

Don't be fooled by Madden, he is just grinding his axe as usual. If you think he cares about "the real issue" then you are a moron.

Madden is a fool, who wants to keep himself in the news than actually talk about news. "omg i was once a commentator on wcw i have secrets, buy my book".

And for fuck's sake whats the issue here, Hemmy's one word comment to a fans question?

Madden's blowing this to stir shit up. And if Hemme's legit upset and feels disrespected then she has the worst (albeit unintentional) spokesperson in Madden who has frequently degraded the women of wrestling and pimped out his stories about them so we fucking buy his book.

I like Hemme, always have, and I don't think less of her coz she did a PB shoot and I fucking jacked off to it. If she is upset, talk to management and this can be resolved privately in Dixie's office.

EDIT: So what about all those times Bully would berate, and I mean berate SoCal Val? Thats just a character? Oh his name is Bully so its ok you say...

If Hemme is still pissed about it bring it up to Dixie and if TNA does nothing about it then she would sue, she is certainly in her right to do so.

Aries should be smarter about doing stuff on camera and I don't think he feels bad one bit about it judging from his twitter response, its dumb shit like this that can cost someone their career if they aren't careful, Ask Jay Briscoe.

If TNA want to punish Aries for his actions but keep him, then they should lock him in the shower with JBL for half an hour.

If TNA want to punish Aries for his actions but keep him, then they should lock him in the shower with JBL for half an hour.
If JBL is unavailable, I'm sure Chyna's equally horrifying. Probably has a larger prick than Bradshaw too.

Alright, because this won't die, I'm going to get involved. I'm going to regret it but whatever.

I come from the theater world. I've done enough improv theater to have been put in various somewhat embarrassing situations. And you know what, that was fine. Because the people I was working with knew me. They knew my limits and I knew theirs.

Because in improve the basic rule is this – you never do anything if you think it might make the person you're working with unhappy. You have to know the limits of the people you're working with as best you can, and if you're unsure, you don't do it.

Now I know this isn't improv theater, but consider. The main defense for Austin Aries has been that he was playing a character. Well, in improv, you're also playing a character. But in both cases, the actions taken are unplanned. For the protection of those participating, even if what you're doing is in character, you have to respect the boundaries of the people you're working with when taking any sort of unplanned action.

Wow. Now people think it's a work? All because the douche bag who pulled a douche move on television posted a douche response on twitter. "Welp must be a work!" Idiots.

Well, all we're saying is there isn't a sure way to know the truth and Madden and the likes are the ones jumping to conclusions. All speculation is based on an 18 character tweet that was shortly after deleted.

Work? I don't think so.

SPIKE VP: ARIES WILL BE DISCIPLINED

David Schwarz, Spike TV’s senior VP/communications, says Austin Aries will be disciplined for the incident involving Aries and Christy Hemme on last Thursday’s Impact. Just as significant, Schwarz unhesitatingly described what happened as sexual harassment.

“We have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment,” Schwarz said. “We discussed [the incident] with our partner. [Aries is] being disciplined. I’m trying to get more information on what action is being taken. Dixie Carter took this very personally. He will be disciplined. Again, we have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment.

“I’m not sure specifically how [the discipline] will be handled. To what extent, I don’t know. This is certainly something we don’t condone and don’t tolerate. Such behavior is not welcome.

It was suggested that, since Hemme was harassed on national TV, Aries’ discipline should be made public. Schwarz responded:

“I think that a statement of some sort will be coming. That’s being worked out. But immediate action will be taken.”

Carter has not replied to requests for an interview.

Let's just not make an angle of this in the process. I can't imagine anything spinning off of this being good. Have him apologize, publicly if needbe, fine him, suspend him or whatever else they're going to do and move on.

People actually thought this was a work?

I said it in my first, second and third post in this thread. You hear her mumble when Aries knocks the mic into her face standing onto the second turnbuckle and then she says "okay seriously get off," she then stayed at ringside and finished her job for the evening without making a scene. For that I say well done Christy Hemme, and maybe this is the wake up call Austin Aries need to make him see hes no longer "the shit" as he was in Ring of Honor, people in TNA won't put up with his crap, fair play to Spike TV for showing some discipline and shame on TNA for not acting sooner.

You know, this is a situation very different to a normal 'sexual harassment' case. She fucks up, now the guy is a heel and has to play accordingly. Wouldn't Bully go out and absolutely berate SoCal Val? I know there was no crotch pushing but, this seems like a mountain out of a molehill incident.

Madden validation just makes it worse.

However, Hemme's one word reply now actually feels as real as it is. She works in a live entertainment company, where characters are designated and kayfabe is followed. She has shown great decorum by actually not making a scene. I can imagine only Joey Ryan acting the way Aries did, and maybe then it'd be ok.

Still this feels like its blown outta proportion.

You know, this is a situation very different to a normal 'sexual harassment' case. She fucks up, now the guy is a heel and has to play accordingly. Wouldn't Bully go out and absolutely berate SoCal Val? I know there was no crotch pushing but, this seems like a mountain out of a molehill incident.

However, Hemme's one word reply now actually feels as real as it is. She works in a live entertainment company, where characters are designated and kayfabe is followed. She has shown great decorum by actually not making a scene. I can imagine only Joey Ryan acting the way Aries did, and maybe then it'd be ok.

You really, really are struggling to get this, aren't you?

You point out the gigantic difference, but still are too stupid to get it.

You point out the gigantic difference, but still are too stupid to get it.

No you stupid fuck, it's me saying thats what it is staying in character, would you bat an eyelid if Joey Ryan did this instead of Aries?

The deal is you could nitpick a lotta things that could be termed as 'harassment' towards the females, but the unscripted ones take the cake.

Aries' acted on the fly, and in retrospect, stupidly so.

I seem to be in the minority thinking that Aries should not be punished at all. I'm sorry I just don't see this being something someone should get fired/suspended/fined over. Let me ask you this, if Aries had done this to a male announcer (say Jeremy Borash) for screwing up and JB posted the same tweet would you be reacting the same way?

Yep; it's still sexual harassment. And I'd hope even you wouldn't find sexual harassment funny.

Oh wait, actually, you did;

Well it'll teach her not to screw up again! Genuinely hilarious moment.

No you stupid fuck, it's me saying thats what it is staying in character, would you bat an eyelid if Joey Ryan did this instead of Aries?.

Yup; Joey Ryan is generally cringeworthy television. There's a reason his shtick lasted only one week as "knockouts official"

No you stupid fuck, it's me saying thats what it is staying in character, would you bat an eyelid if Joey Ryan did this instead of Aries?

The deal is you could nitpick a lotta things that could be termed as 'harassment' towards the females, but the unscripted ones take the cake.

Aries' acted on the fly, and in retrospect, stupidly so.

He could've stayed in character without sticking his penis in her face against her will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back