• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christopher Daniels Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
WrestleZone said:
WTSB Radio has reported the following:

"A professional wrestler was arrested on drunken driving charges during a traffic stop Friday in Smithfield. Daniel Christopher Covell, 39, of Palmdale, CA, who is known by his ring name of Fallen Angel, was charged with driving while impaired after police said he registered 0.14 on the Breathalyzer. Officer J.A. Calzaretta Jr. stopped Covell’s 2009 Dodge Charger in the 2300 block of South Brightleaf Boulevard for a traffic violation, which led to his arrest. Covell was released on $2,000 bail. "

Well that's not very good news to say the least. I wonder how this will affect his match with Samoa Joe at No Surrender? Hopefully they don't cancel that match or anything, I'm really looking forward to that match-up, more than any other on the card.

Very stupid move by Daniels though. Drunken driving is simply never a good idea, under any circumstance, and he should no better than this.

And Jesus, I did not realize Daniels was 39 already. Looks much younger.

Thoughts everyone?

It's a pretty stupid move on his part, show's a lack of intelligent, however I do not fell it will really get him in any trouble. If Kurt Angle doesn't get in any trouble for violating a protection order and having illegal steroids on him, then I doubt they will do much if anything to Daniels, maybe just give him a lecture or something about not letting it happen again. Business wise, he'll be fine, but personally it's ******ed to drive drunk, not smart at all, I'm sure he'll get some flack backstage from the others, but that's about it.

Great Mug Shot. Didn't they say he was having drinking contests with Gregory Helms? That's too bad for Daniels. Luckily Helms didn't get a DUI too, or both of them would be in deep shit.

I don't think TNA will do anything to Dainels, but if the shoe was on the other foot I think WWE would have a fit over Helms. Maybe even suspend him.

I don't know TNA's wellness policy or anything like that but if Angle can get away with a DUI, I'm sure Daniels might get away with it too. Daniels is probably going to stay in the mid card, whether he has committed a crime or not.

what blows about this situation is that he was hanging out with a wwe wrestler, whom he was having a drinking contest with, while he was at that persons house. hmmm........i dunno but if i am friends with someone dont care where they work, or even if its competition, and im at their house.........smart card says......stay there obviously he knew you were there, bad judgement on daniels part, but stupid move to the wwe wrestler who allowed CD to leave.......I mean it kinda looks as if he wasnt really thinking on eithers end. But I bet you are right, TNA will probably slap a fine on him, and give him a lecture.....but then again Kurt has some "STROKE" around TNA Iam sure they are more lienent with him than with others. But I could be wrong. Let's just hope that they still allow TFACD vs SJ still to go through as planned

Here's his mug shot if anyone's interested:

b9c03k.jpg

He does look pretty wasted there for sure. You're right though Matt, I highly doubt TNA will punish him for this. If Angle can get away with the shit he's done and still hold the World Title, it might actually be insulting if they were to punish Daniels. I hope Daniels isn't having trouble in his life right though, and I hope this incident isn't a sign that he is. He's one of the best in-ring performers of his generation, and I'd hate to see him fall down the path of drug addiction and/or alcoholism that has shortened the lives of so many great wrestlers before him.

yeah you are right but GH was at his house, so why dont you let your good buddy stay the night and take his keys? Im 27 and even I know if I have people at my house that are drinking they are either being taken home by me, or staying the night. But maybe when you become rich you lose all sense of rational thinking.

wow his mug shot looks like he was just standing there, not as bad as some i have seen.....lol and there have been tons that were fucked up.

yeah you are right but GH was at his house, so why dont you let your good buddy stay the night and take his keys? Im 27 and even I know if I have people at my house that are drinking they are either being taken home by me, or staying the night. But maybe when you become rich you lose all sense of rational thinking.

Yeah you're completely right. It's just common sense that you don't get behind the wheel of a car when plastered, and that you don't let your friends do it either. I won't pretend I haven't been in a car with a drunk person driving, I've done it myself a few times, and I regret every single one of them. It isn't a laughing matter, and it's killed more than one person I've known in my life.

I won't think negatively of Daniels about this though. Everyone makes mistakes, and he's had a clean track record and been an adamant professional through out his career.

CD is just SO stupid for even letting this happen.. I couldn't help but lol upon reading it. It's downright childish, and ridiculous on his and Helms' part. I really hope they're ashamed of this mistake, and honestly do learn a VERY valuable lesson. It would be a damn shame to lose a talent like him over something that could have so easily been avoided. I mean, christ, if you need to get home that bad, call a cab. God knows I have that shit on speed-dial, and I'm only 21. I just this past week was legally able to drink, and I've been in the cab calling habit since the first time I picked up a drink. Get it together, Chris- We don't need any irony added to your ring name.

Well, I have to say thank God that Christopher Daniels is on TNA & is basically Christopher Daniels. This is a stupid move on the part of anyone, especially sporting atheletes to drive drunk as it is never a good idea due to the fact that you will get caught or have a lot of trouble awaiting ahead of you. However, it seems that Daniels will go unharmed in this situation as Dixie Carter isn't that strict on many issues, Daniels is a much needed guy for the TNA roster for building up new superstars/feuds for the company & Angle just went through the same process so it wouldn't be fair on the part of Daniels.

Let's just hole that Daniels learns from his mistakes, continues to produce solid work in TNA & never does something as stupid as this again. It was even more lucky that the superhero character apart of gaining kiddie fans as well as the older fans Hurricane Helms did not get caught otherwise he would felt the wrath of the WWE's policies.

To be fair to Christopher, getting drunk is fun, driving at speed is fun, combine the two and it sounds like a party.

Boring mug shot, I wish he looked as worse for wear as Nick Nolte. But with hair and tight skin that was never going to be the case.

To be fair to Christopher, getting drunk is fun, driving at speed is fun, combine the two and it sounds like a party.

It is. But like all parties eventually someone vomits in your lap and you end up half naked in a jail cell with a transvestite.

Boring mug shot, I wish he looked as worse for wear as Nick Nolte. But with hair and tight skin that was never going to be the case.

Daniels doesn't have the skin for a Nolte-shot. Few do.

This is unfortunate for daniels because a lot of us like to drink. and he was with a friend. i kinda feel bad for the guy. but honestly he's going to be just fine. im sure he has enough money to get a decent lawyer and will probably get off with a hefty fine. i doubt tna will punish him for it. if kurt can beat on a chick, stalk her, have steriods in his car and still make it to the ppv im sure daniels will be ok. dont drink and drive people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back