Chris Masters Back

The Viper

Occasional Pre-Show
So Chris Masters made his return tonight against very good competition in MVP. IMO masters looked great in his first match back, and the fact that he actually kept MVP from beating the clock by holding him in the Masters Lock on the outside of the ring causing a double countout made his REdebut impressive. But where does WWE go from there? do u think they try to push masters into the main event? Do u think he deserves to be there? Or will he just be stuck in midcard or tag team like last time? thoughts?

I was never a huge Masters fan, but he should be pushed as a midcard for a bit, then see how the crowd, and creative, take him then.

to be honest, im happy he has returned, i can see him going into a feud with MVP, maybe see the return of the master lock challenge. i can see him with the US title belt by the end of the year definitely.

i agree with both of you, he will most likely be in the midcard for a while. but i think if the crowd reacts in a good way (or bad way since hes heel) he should at least be considered for a main event push. He can draw good heat, if i remember correctly he isnt bad on the mic, and he can put on a good match, maybe needs a new finisher to go along with the Master Lock tho, like jericho has in the code breaker

Heres another scenario.. Team him with Dolph Ziggler and call them the Perfect Masterpiece. Have them feud with hart dynasty or cryme tyme. Thus setting up a fatal four way tag match for the unified tag belts.

I was really happy when his music hit, I'm a big fan of his and I hope that now he'll receive a decent midcard push.

I don't think they'll stick him in another tag team. He re-debuted as a heel and the tag devision is seriously lacking face teams. I guess there's a chance they'll place him with Carlito again since he recently turned heel but I'd hope both of them receive single's pushes right now.

Surprised as hell when he came back. I was never a big fan, but damn, he couldn't have gotten SOME hype? He basically got the Christian/Gail Kim return; he just showed up randomly, no build up at all. If he was coming back, they should've made him Jericho's tag partner; that would've been a MUCH bigger return

Based on what happened, he may kickoff his return with an MVP fued. If that happens, Master's will probably go over since the WWE doesn't seem to know what to do with MVP for some reason. Regardless, he'll probably just float around the mid-card. Could be pushed to the main event after a year or two but that spot will probably (and should) go to Swagger. It'll be interesting to see if the indies have improved his in-ring skills.

On a side note while I've never been big on Masters himself, I LOVED his entrance. I hated when they started cutting out big intro when he came out in the cape and did all the poses and I hate that they did that tonight. If they weren't going to hype his return, they should've at least done the full entrance to make him seem like some sort of big deal to fans who don't know him.

didnt really like masters before he got released. idk he just doesnt do it more me. i did like his return and it did make him look legit. i just don't see creative doing anything wtih him. do you realize that the only non mainevent feud is between rey and ziggler. the creative is terrible and i mean TERRIBLE.

y isn't kofi in a feud over the us title?
y are mvp and swagger not feuding?
y is there only one feud on ecw?
y isn't the tagteam division being used?

the wwe only has 4 feuds going between 3 shows. its a disgrace.

granted they are starting something with legacy and HHH and the tagtitles are there but there is no real feud over them.

wwe creative is shit. absolute shit

Well, I didn't happen to see him debut tonight, but I new he had signed a new deal and I personally thought he was gonna return as the partner of jericho last night. But, yes, I like him returning, he is a pretty good talent and I think that a mid-card push, maybe a fued with Kofi Kingston, would be good for him. It seems they built him up legit against MVP tonight, so we'll see where it goes, but I'd like to see him in a fued with Kofi. heck let him have the title, he has already been established before, it'd be a nice fued and a nice change. Good idea, I'm happy to see it, let's see where it goes.

I like this idea if it doesn't take away from the other guys currently in the company. I'm not a Masters fan by any stretch of the imagination, but does he have atleast a little bit of talent? Yeah, i'll give him that much.

This guy has already failed tests though, and I don't think he should take time away from guys like MVP and even Evan Bourne, as those guys have done nothing wrong as far as we know.

If this means that MVP is going to get even less of a push, then I dislike it very much. MVP is a better overall performer then Masters ever will be, the most Masters will be is an IC or US Champion, MVP with work could main event at some point.

I dont know how (he's probably juicing again) but he's bigger than he used to be. Masters ran at about 240 back in the day, now he's 265, you know who else is 260+ in the WWE (Other than Big Show, Kane, and Khali) Triple H and Batista. He's as big as some of the biggest guys in the WWE. Too bad he sucks in the Ring haha. At least he's funny to watch because he cuts some pretty terrible but funny promo's. He'll work great as an enhancement talent

Yeah Masters returning was completely outta nowhere, but a nice surprise. However, they already have an overloaded Raw roster with a ton of guys just kinda floating around doing nothing.

A couple years back, he had a good thing going with the "unbreakable" Masterlock, and he's got a hell of a physique, which we all know Vince has a hard-on for...

A nice fresh, yet familiar face on the roster, but just not sure what they want to accomplish with him...

I think his return will fizzle out rather quickly and he'll get lost in the shuffle. I also think it's stupid if they have him start feuding with MVP as that will end the Swagger/MVP feud prematurely and I feel they could of had a very good program. That and for some reason Master's hair really bothered me tonight...

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed or not, but if you've got the show DVR'd go check out Masters intro, he's clearly seeing the side effects of years of abusing steroids in the pectoral region.

However glad to have him back, if they can use him correctly, and maybe get rid of the Masterlock as his finisher.

The only good I can see him doing is maybe bring back some submission wrestling with the masterlock, unless he does what Jericho did and get a new finisher. A pretty neat idea about a new finisher that I wouldn't mind though is if he has someone in the full nelson and you know they're about to tap or pass out then Masters, out of nowhere, throws into the air and hits a full nelson slam. Everyone would be like where did that come from.

I am a fan of Chris Masters, not a big one but at least a fan. Now I am pissed at the fact that he returned on Monday Night Raw where if your not Orton, HHH, Cena then you are nothing. He should've been placed on Smackdown or hell ECW just to get him going. If on Smackdown he could feud with Mysterio and Hardy. But on RAW he will be stuck in midcard for life.

Chris Masters will probably flounder in the midcard like he did before he was released. His only highlights will still be that match with HBK which wasn't that great and opening WM 22. I believe he had a little bit of talent but his Masterlock killed him. Once Lashley broke it, what was there left? I don't see Masters doing anything spectacular. He will be just another body in the RAW midcard which is becoming a bit overfilled. I criticized RAW for their lack of a midcard and now there's too many. Masters would have been better served on Smackdown.

I was extremely surprised to see Masters return. I thought the resigning had been dismissed as a rumor. As for where he'll go, I hope to see him in a feud with the US Title. Masters has an impressive physique and I actually enjoyed his match with MVP (admittedly, though, some of that was because of the rush from his unexpected return).

I think one reason they brought Masters back was because of his finisher. They needed more guys with submissions in their repertoire in order to legitimize Breaking Point.

I knew he was coming back from the reports on Wrestlezone but the crowd seemed dead because no one knows him. At least the new PG era kids don't. What happened to the promos? Is Vince and creative scared to do another promo since Kizarny epically failed? How do they expect "new" or "redebuting" guys to get a crowd reaction? This was why D-Lo failed. Hoping if Eugene comes back to television, they don't do it to him too.

I was surprised to see him back the way he did and MVP looked to be too.

I see him going to mid-card limbo unless creative does something else than the Masterlock Challenge.

I completely marked out when i heard Chris Master's music hit. It was awesome. I think it reminded me of a time when I didn't spoil things for myself all the time. It makes the product all the more enjoyable in my opinion. I didn't know he was coming back. I mean, I heard him on the Voice of Wrestling saying that he would like to go back but I never imagined it would happen so soon. Either way, it is good to have him back, he is a good athlete.

As for where I see him going from here, I really don't know. I think that the feud with MVP is a certainty but then I can only see him feuding with the mid-card. Which is a shame because I do think that he is able to cut it at the top. Nevertheless, it should be good to see how far he goes after learning from his mistakes first time around.

Well he's less muscular (had to stop those Wellness violations dontcha' know) yet sucks just as hard in the ring, and I'll assume till proven wrong has the same piss poor mic skills; good job WWE! He'll be pushed, the crowd at large will reject him as they did before, and eventually he'll just wind up taking up space on the roster per usual, till the next round of budget cuts of course and then he'll be back where he started: unemployed.

What's with everybody complaining about everything? Kofi is going to get a feud with probably the Miz now over the U.S. Title. I assume Swagger is going to keep feuding with MVP and it's most likely DX and Legacy will feud in the future. I can see MVP going after Masters after what happened last night and if not, I don't see what Master's first program would be against. I sense it will be against Mark Henry, but Henry deserves better. People complain too much around here and they don't realize that the WWE is making more money and is still highly successful in the way they do business.

I complain not about the business but because I don't get to see the feuds I want.

I would love to see a Swagger/Miz feud. I don't think a Miz/Kofi feud would be that fun to watch. Kofi could drop the title to Swagger and then join Evan Bourne for some tag action. Doesn't that sound great? Bourne and Kofi have both wrestled Big Show before, and given him a good run for his money. It's going to take something special to split up Show and Jericho and maybe un-unify the titles to bring back a reason to have so many mid-carders. Why have so many and then get rid of 1/3 of their belts?

Back onto Masters, he can have his feud with MVP, as long as Swagger is busy with Miz.

I seriously believe they should have repackaged him...His persona didn't fly all that well back in the day even with his masterlock challenge...besides that he didn't have much going for him. This was a good opportunity to go in a different direction with him, scrap the crappy music, scrap the showing off of the muscles...I would have liked to have seen a bit more of a monster come out of him...thats just my take

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back