Chris Jericho's Return : A Success or a Failure

Chris Jericho is supposed to be a compulsive whiner that says stuff with a small hint of truth in his statements in order to distract the gullible fans from the fact that he is indeed a compulsive whiner. That is supposed to be his gimmick. That has actually always been his gimmick but with a few minor tweaks every time he comes back. Once you understand that, you would have to say that his return has been a success.

I don't care what dirtsheet reports say but I think that Jericho was never supposed to win the Royal Rumble. Why? Because that would have actually made him look better and given the fans a reason to cheer him. It would have meant that Jericho was finally beginning to back up what he had always been bragging about. That is what faces do, not heels. You know what heels do? They fail to live up to their word and take out their frustrations by making sneak attacks, like Jericho did on Punk during his match with D.Bryan.

I thought Jericho's elimination at the Chamber was good booking. Again he does not need to win because that will actually make him look good, but he did not lose in the conventional manner either which gives him something to whine and confuse the gullible fans about.

So yeah, he has done exactly what was expected of him. His return has been a success.

no, chris jericho is one of the few heels who actually back up what they talk about and actually win matches CLEANLY. he beat rey mysterio cleanly in their feud, he beat shawn michaels cleanly in that awesome ladder match (didnt pin him but still a very credible win), he pinned kofi cleanly last week on raw, he pinned dolph ziggler at the chamber, and he made kofi tap out in the chamber....these are very credible wins----you rarely see this from heels.

every thing i hear jericho say is honestly, the dog gone truth. and thats why he's so awesome. he brags about beating the rock and stone cold in the same night---which he did 11 years ago (i love how this still garners massive heat), he brags about being the first ever undisputed champion (he was), he bragged about being in more elimination chamber matches than any human alive (this also true), he bragged about eliminating more superstars from the chamber than anyone (this also true)-----everything he brags about is TRUE. thats why he gets so much heat from the fans because although people may not like it, he actually BACKS it up.

he brags about being the 'best in the world' although he doesnt hold the wwe title to prove it now, he was 'the best in the world' at numerous points in his wwe career. thats why his feud with punk is gonna be so epic, the two 'best in the world' colliding to see who is the best.

i love jericho's heel persona. definitely one of the BEST heels, no, one of the BEST superstars ever. but yeah, he's one of the few heels who win cleanly and back up their statements.

Its been middle of the road, hardly a ratings success, but then again Jericho was never a huge ratings draw, few people can even move that rating these days and Jericho is not one of them.

His return has been a failure if you expected him with a new gimmick, it kinda looked like that but he just seems like the same old same old character, and now he is just another guy on the roster.

I found it amusing that people were so quick to ask whether Jericho's return has been a success or a failure yet. This is the type of thing you ask once he has been back for months, or even after this run has ended. It's far too early at this point. Those who are calling it a failure need to stop complaining and enjoy the fact that Jericho is back at all. We are in for something great in his WWE Championship angle against Punk, although I am sure many of the same people will be calling that a failure too despite the great promos and amazing match we are going to get out of it. Wrestling fans love to find things to complain about.

The cryptic videos did exactly what they were supposed to do. They generated interest. People wanted to know what it was all about. Now that we know, people are over-reacting and being far too quick to analyze what has happened. Sit back, enjoy the show. I disliked that Jericho didn't say a word for a couple of weeks, but did I post rants on how he came back a failure? Nope. I kept my fingers crossed for the rumored angle with Punk, and here we are. It's neither a success nor a failure because he has not been back long enough to justify asking the question yet.

no, chris jericho is one of the few heels who actually back up what they talk about and actually win matches CLEANLY.

He can't most of the time.

he beat rey mysterio cleanly in their feud,

He lost the feud against Mysterio. He lost the IC title to Mysterio at The Bash. That was the match in which he tried to take off the mask that Mysterio wore only to find that Mysterio was wearing another mask underneath.

he beat shawn michaels cleanly in that awesome ladder match (didnt pin him but still a very credible win),

Um, no. Lance Cade was pulling HBK's leg while he was climbing up the ladder and Jericho was down. I assume you are talking about their championship match at No Mercy in 2008. And when the hell are you supposed to pin your opponent to win a ladder match?

he pinned kofi cleanly last week on raw, he pinned dolph ziggler at the chamber, and he made kofi tap out in the chamber....these are very credible wins----you rarely see this from heels.

Actually, main event heels winning against midcarders is no biggie. Miz used to do that all the time last year when he was getting a sustained push.

Also Jericho did not win cleanly against Kofi last week. He used a thumb to the eye to set up the codebreaker, which is an illegal move. That is what heels do.

every thing i hear jericho say is honestly, the dog gone truth. and thats why he's so awesome. he brags about beating the rock and stone cold in the same night---which he did 11 years ago (i love how this still garners massive heat),

You do understand why that garners heat right? Firstly you do remember how he won the championship, right? There were about 5 men interfering against Austin and Rock while that happened. Also that is probably one of the very few achievements of Jericho's career in which he has been all but Cena and Orton's bitch. It's the way in which he covers up his indeficiencies and his inability at beating anyone relevant in recent times. It was 11 freakin years ago man. Bragging about past achievements and that too ones that were brought about by blatant cheating is a heel move.

he brags about being the first ever undisputed champion (he was), he bragged about being in more elimination chamber matches than any human alive (this also true), he bragged about eliminating more superstars from the chamber than anyone (this also true)-----everything he brags about is TRUE. thats why he gets so much heat from the fans because although people may not like it, he actually BACKS it up.

Again, how many chamber matches has he actually won? Jericho is also the master of spouting off irrelavant statistics to confuse the smarky fans.

he brags about being the 'best in the world' although he doesnt hold the wwe title to prove it now, he was 'the best in the world' at numerous points in his wwe career. thats why his feud with punk is gonna be so epic, the two 'best in the world' colliding to see who is the best.

Nope, it's just a catchphrase. When has Jericho been the biggest draw in the company? Never.

And actually his catchphrase is "I'm the best in the world at what I do". What he does is be a great upper midcard heel who can give a push to just about anyone by feuding with them be it a main eventer or a midcard guy. And because he is so good at working the fans, he never loses credibility despite losing a lot in kayfabe.

And yes, the feud is going to be great because both guys are great in the ring and on the mic, not because either guy is actually the best in the world statistically.

i love jericho's heel persona. definitely one of the BEST heels, no, one of the BEST superstars ever. but yeah, he's one of the few heels who win cleanly and back up their statements.

He is the master of spouting off all things irrelavant and niether does he win cleanly all that often as I have already proved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back