Chiefs' Jovan Belcher kills girlfriend, self

smizzy

Doubt it, bud.

A Kansas City Chiefs LB, Jovan Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend, the mother of his 3 month old baby, early this morning and then drove to Arrowhead Stadium where I believe the team was about to begin their walkthrough practice. He then "thanked general manager Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel before shooting himself in the parking lot outside the team's practice facility."

No motive has been released to this point. The only thing authorities have said is that Belcher and his girlfriend have been fighting a lot lately.

Belcher was 25.

I don't watch the NFL but this is a very sad tragedy. To me this is even worse than Chris Benoit in that the guy shot his girlfriend in front of his mother and then shot himself in front of his coach and GM. People who cared about him had to be witnesses to his cowardly actions and have to live on with those images forever.

People are going to link this with concussions and steroids. Probably get to relive events of 5 years ago on a more mainstream stage.

It's pretty sad really, but I just hope people don't start going on and on about how this guy should be in the NFL Hall of Fame... especially since he wasn't even that good nor had a storied career. Kinda like that other athlete that shall remain nameless. Still, it sucks he had to take an innocent life with him... it truly is.

In all seriousness, my prayers go out to both families. But I would be lying if I sat here and told everyone that I don't consider this man a coward, because the fact is, I consider a lot of suicide people to be cowards.

Never heard of this guy until this happened. I hate hearing about these kind of stories. It makes me wonder what could've been so jacked up to leave your newborn an orphan. No history of violence from what I've been seeing on TV, so what gives? He was talented enough to maintain a job with the Chiefs, so he should've been ok financially to care for his family. There has to be some major precursor that set him off.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...ide-police-say

His friends and family from back home made a shrine out of the front yard of his boyhood home with old jerseys and trophies while proclaiming he was "such a good... Good person. A loving man. A family man."

And for some reason that just disgusts me that they would say that about someone who leaves his 3 month old child with no parents and causes so much chaos for his/her family that will never really go away....

I don't watch the NFL but this is a very sad tragedy. To me this is even worse than Chris Benoit in that the guy shot his girlfriend in front of his mother and then shot himself in front of his coach and GM. People who cared about him had to be witnesses to his cowardly actions and have to live on with those images forever.

People are going to link this with concussions and steroids. Probably get to relive events of 5 years ago on a more mainstream stage.

No it's not. Benoit murdered two kids, not one....and he did it over a period of several days. Keeping the kids locked in their room. Nothing will ever beat Benoit's horrendous crimes.

No it's not. Benoit murdered two kids, not one....and he did it over a period of several days. Keeping the kids locked in their room. Nothing will ever beat Benoit's horrendous crimes.

Benoit did not murder 2 kids, ******. You post on a wrestling forum, how the fuck did you not know that? He killed his wife as well as his son. I don't think what Belcher did was worse than what Benoit did, but it's hardly a worthy discussion to be had.

I'm torn about this whole thing. I want to know the why. I ask questions, try to understand why someone would do such a thing before casting judgement. Benoit is a good example. I have mixed feelings about his situation upon learning that his brain was similar to that of an 80 year old Alzheimer's patient. It doesn't make it any less horrendous, but have we not learned from the tragedy? Hasn't the WWE and wrestling industry as a whole taken notice and have tried vehemently to reduce the risk of head injury? Somebody somewhere decided that the why was important rather than just making a blanket "NO, IT'S NEVER OKAY!" idiot statement and leaving it at that.

Why would you assume that he's just a monster who up and killed his girlfriend and himself for no reason? Why would you not want to know what would cause a person to do such a thing?

Benoit did not murder 2 kids, ******. You post on a wrestling forum, how the fuck did you not know that? He killed his wife as well as his son. I don't think what Belcher did was worse than what Benoit did, but it's hardly a worthy discussion to be had.

I'm torn about this whole thing. I want to know the why. I ask questions, try to understand why someone would do such a thing before casting judgement. Benoit is a good example. I have mixed feelings about his situation upon learning that his brain was similar to that of an 80 year old Alzheimer's patient. It doesn't make it any less horrendous, but have we not learned from the tragedy? Hasn't the WWE and wrestling industry as a whole taken notice and have tried vehemently to reduce the risk of head injury? Somebody somewhere decided that the why was important rather than just making a blanket "NO, IT'S NEVER OKAY!" idiot statement and leaving it at that.

Why would you assume that he's just a monster who up and killed his girlfriend and himself for no reason? Why would you not want to know what would cause a person to do such a thing?

Alright one kid. Benoit was a family man and he mixed steroids, drugs and painkillers while he was with his family. IMHO Benoit is to blame not bumps and this Alzheimer theory. How many Alzheimer oldies become mass murderers?

As far as we know Belcher was clean, probably depressed and mentally disturbed.

Benoit injected himself until he became a monster.

Both are equally horrible. It is just my opinion that this is worse because there are witnesses to the kills that cared for him that have to live on with the gory image for the rest of their lives wondering what they could have done at that moment to prevent the tragedy.

Alright one kid. Benoit was a family man and he mixed steroids, drugs and painkillers while he was with his family. IMHO Benoit is to blame not bumps and this Alzheimer theory. How many Alzheimer oldies become mass murderers?

As far as we know Belcher was clean, probably depressed and mentally disturbed.

Benoit injected himself until he became a monster.

Of course. I'm sure Beniot just took a concoction of shit and injected himself with the dream of murdering his family. :rolleyes: This happened over a long ass period of time and if you think undiagnosed concussions and multiple undiagnosed head injuries as well as steroids, drugs, and painkillers had nothing to do with it you're a moron. His brain looked like an 80 year old alzhiemer patient's brain. Alzhiemer patients don't become murderers, but alzhiemer patients that take steroids, pain killers, and drugs over a long length of time, do.

Anyway, back on topic. This is really sad I feel for both families and especially child that got left behind. I'd be lying if I didn't think of this man as a coward. I would love to know why he would do something so horrible and cowardly. An argument is not worth leaving your child without parents. A truly sad situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back