• Would Love These Changes

• These Changes Couldn't Happen

• Keep It The Way It Is For NOW

• Doesn't Matter Just Enjoy Being A Fan

Results are only viewable after voting.

scomvp316

Getting Noticed By Management
I can admit I am a CFB Junkie. I enjoy it much better than the NFL

As far as athletes getting paid we will probably not see a final decision made in about 10 years. All the appeals from both sides by then will be exasperated.

I do think we will see Conference Realignment again in the next few years. IMO most of the Non-Power 5 Conferences will disappear. I do think we will have 6 or maybe 7 conferences by then. C-USA will disband and schools will decide on either Big 12 or ACC that they will move to. I can see C-USA being split into two so the entire conference won't go to just one of those two conferences more like 50/50. I can see Mountain West staying as a conference but with a new look. Some of the MWC teams will probably join PAC-12 but most of the Sun Belt Conference will be part of the new look MWC. PAC-12 is cutting into SEC dominance and they will have no choice but to add teams to be even more competitive with the SEC. I do think 3-4 schools will move to the SEC. Big East Football will split up between Big Ten and ACC. Alot of MAC schools will be split up between Big 12 and ACC. Some schools before that will happen will join Big 10 especially the Ohio and Michigan based schools.

With the conference realignment and to make the Non-Playoff Bowl Games more special we must end Non-Conference Regular Season Games. Too many cupcakes are being scheduled for top end contenders. We are starting to see that with Big 10 and PAC-12 future schedules starting in 2015.

I think 10-11 Regular Season Games is a possibility. Then when each conference has a Championship Game a new format must begin. Continue to have two divisions in each conference. How to figure the Conference Champion is take the Top 4 teams which would consist of the Top 2 of each division and pair them off. So the Semis in Conference Championship Format the team with the better record hosts that game and then the winners meet at the designated Conference Championship Game. This is the best way to keep it fair and rivalry games quite possibly could be played twice if those teams qualify for the Conference Championship Format.

Neutral site CCF Games:
PAC-12- Rose Bowl
Big 12- Arrowhead Stadium
Big 10- Ford or Lucas Field in fact could alternate
SEC- Georgia Dome
ACC- Carolina Panthers Home Field
Mountain West- Sports Authority Field

Last thing is what us CFB Fanatics need is a CFB Network. I do think ESPN or FOX could have a partnership for this. It looks like ESPN will get the rights to PAC-12 when the PAC-12 contract runs out with FOX. For 20 years fans have clamored about a Playoff Format and we finally have it. Most fans for the last decade want a CFB Network similar to the NFLN and I do think we will get it. The other thing thats on the horizon are certain schools want to launch nationally their own Football Network that is only regional as of today. Schools such as Notre Dame, Nebraska, USC, Michigan, and Ohio State.

With the conference realignment and to make the Non-Playoff Bowl Games more special we must end Non-Conference Regular Season Games. Too many cupcakes are being scheduled for top end contenders. We are starting to see that with Big 10 and PAC-12 future schedules starting in 2015.

This statement jumps out to me. Losing these big games for the "cupcakes" would be a devastating blow to their financials. Many Mids and below heavily rely on the likes of a Ohio State, Florida State or USC game(s) on the schedule. In addition to massive pay days it helps with exposure for the programs. They great thing about collegiate level athletics is the variety of skill levels and the experiences afforded to so many individuals.

One of the criteria points with the CFB Playoff is SOS. Same formula they use for March Madness. The scheduling of cupcakes for Top Contenders is coming to an end. I will let other fans decide if thats a good or bad thing. My preference is Top Teams shouldn't schedule them. Can you imagine from a ratings standpoint if Oregon is playing Michigan State one week and the following week they are playing McNeese State. The era of cupcakes won't end just your Top 35 won't schedule them very often because of the SOS criteria!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back