Cesaro & Kidd Show Promise

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
One of the surprises coming out of last night's Raw was the unexpected attack of Cesaro & Kidd on The New Day while dressed up as a couple of Adam Rose's Rosebuds. I thought it was Gold & Stardust for a moment until I realized what they were doing with the combination powerbomb/blockbuster off the top rope to Big E.

They gave an interview on the Raw Fallout: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0106/588254/cesaro-and-kidd-explain-their-actions-on-raw/

I'm interested in this team as they definitely have unique qualities. Kidd's time in NXT has propelled him entire galaxies ahead of where he once was in terms of culminating a presence and delivering promos. Cesaro also seemed to be pretty decent here, especially when he had Kidd to play off of. This could be the breakout team of 2015.

Hopefully, although it cements Cesaro's singles push as a failed one...*sigh*....

Ugh, random thought I needed to get out of my head. Cesaro claimed that 2014 wasn't his year because of what the decision makers felt, which is true in reality. But that doesn't fit the storyline because Cesaro competed for the IC belt three times, the US belt twice and tried to contend for the Tag Team belt, but simply lost. Ugh, WWE needs to stop using those brass ring comments on air.

But back on topic, I've enjoyed their tag team matches. It's just too bad that the angle seems to be built around Kidd and Nattie.

I think this team has alot of promise. I think the combination of Cesaro and Kidd could work really well together, as each has their own unique strengths and abilities. Kidd has really impressed me since he went to NXT. Before that, I was always expecting to see him as one of the "Future Endevoured" superstars, but he's an excellent performer now.

WWE needs more tag teams, and ones that stick together for longer than just a few months. I'd like to see this team (and The New Day) get a good run together and see if the fans take to them. I hope WWE come up with a new for Cesaro and Kidd- and not just combine their names into Kiddaro or Cesarkidd, or something even worse.

I know everyone wants to see Cesaro have his big singles run, but it doesn't look like that's going to be happening any time soon, so a Tag Team Title run could be perfect for him, and it would be good to see more of Kidd on the main roster.

How can we take Cesaro and Kidd seriously, if they get put with jobbers like The New Day and Adam Rose? If a tag team is to get over, they need to be put with talents that the fans actually care about. Look at The Ascension, they should have destroyed the Uso's, but they attacked a tag team that is half way over because of Mizdow. To get something new over, they need to be paired with something the fans actually care about.

If they keep botching that finisher move as badly as that one last night, they won't be together long. They'll kill someone.
I think the problem was Big E's thick body shape. He couldnt set in to the powerbomb like other wrestlers. Credit to Cesaro though for keeping him up for all that time. I know if someone like Ryback did that, he would've dropped him square on his neck and poor Big E would be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

jobbers like The New Day

New Day only has 1 loss on their resume. They are not "jobbers". The Gold & Stardust/ New Day feud was won by New Day in hard-fought victories that were top quality entertainment and some of the best matches on their respective cards. New Day brings energy and excitement as well as thrilling matches with awesome tag team moves like The Buddy Dive and Midnight Hour. These individuals are phenomenal talent alone, but they teamed up and mix well together to make them even better inside the ring!

The same can be said for Cesaro & Tyson Kid. The Cesaro swing- Tyson kick combination is punishing to their opponents and that powerbomb off the turnbuckle is deadly. Both are superb in-ring technicians who put on quality matches for us the WWE Universe. They don't bring the positive vibes and energy like New Day, but what they do bring to the Tag Team division is a bad-ass vibe. The fist bumps, arrogance, and hand gestures with the "BOOM" chant are all awesome characteristics.

Yes, I am a fan of both New Day and Cesaro/Kidd. I hope they are the top tag teams of 2015! Fortunately for me, they have the skills to make that happen. AND THEY WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN. Cesaro/Kidd and New Day- Top Tag teams of 2015

New Day only has 1 loss on their resume. They are not "jobbers". The Gold & Stardust/ New Day feud was won by New Day in hard-fought victories that were top quality entertainment and some of the best matches on their respective cards. New Day brings energy and excitement as well as thrilling matches with awesome tag team moves like The Buddy Dive and Midnight Hour. These individuals are phenomenal talent alone, but they teamed up and mix well together to make them even better inside the ring!

The same can be said for Cesaro & Tyson Kid. The Cesaro swing- Tyson kick combination is punishing to their opponents and that powerbomb off the turnbuckle is deadly. Both are superb in-ring technicians who put on quality matches for us the WWE Universe. They don't bring the positive vibes and energy like New Day, but what they do bring to the Tag Team division is a bad-ass vibe. The fist bumps, arrogance, and hand gestures with the "BOOM" chant are all awesome characteristics.

Yes, I am a fan of both New Day and Cesaro/Kidd. I hope they are the top tag teams of 2015! Fortunately for me, they have the skills to make that happen. AND THEY WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN. Cesaro/Kidd and New Day- Top Tag teams of 2015

I like all the guys, but if you haven't noticed, the fans don't care. I should have stated it better.

One of the surprises coming out of last night's Raw was the unexpected attack of Cesaro & Kidd on The New Day while dressed up as a couple of Adam Rose's Rosebuds. I thought it was Gold & Stardust for a moment until I realized what they were doing with the combination powerbomb/blockbuster off the top rope to Big E.

They gave an interview on the Raw Fallout: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0106/588254/cesaro-and-kidd-explain-their-actions-on-raw/

I'm interested in this team as they definitely have unique qualities. Kidd's time in NXT has propelled him entire galaxies ahead of where he once was in terms of culminating a presence and delivering promos. Cesaro also seemed to be pretty decent here, especially when he had Kidd to play off of. This could be the breakout team of 2015.

I like what Cesaro and Kidd can do in the ring but they're an awkward fit together.

It reminds me of how Lance Storm used to tag with Goldust in the early 2000's to help Lance get more charisma, an issue Cesaro seems to have.

Adam Rose should kick the party train to the curb and announce him forming a new stable with Cesaro and Kidd, called the Exotic Express.

I think Rose could be very effective in promos given the right gimmick and it would mean Cesaro can do more of what he does best, and less of what he obviously doesn't.(That in-ring promo was embarrassing)

Bit of an edit on their costumes they wore on Raw and you've got a kit sorted. I wouldn't go skin tight leotards all over, maybe flesh it out with long trunks or pants, keep the top half as is. Cut away the face from the mask and keep the mask to wear to the ring. They come in, remove the mask and fold back the head part of the cover to act like a hoodie.

I like what Cesaro and Kidd can do in the ring but they're an awkward fit together.

Depends how you look at it, I suppose. There are folks who believe a tag team fits well only if they're similar in ring repertoire. Personally, I can enjoy a partnership because of the contrast between them.

If you've got superior ring workers who bring different looks to the match, it can be exciting to watch. Cesaro is Cesaro....we know well what he's capable of and it's seemed he's lacked only a niche; a situation in which he can shine. Maybe this is it.

Meanwhile, I've always been disappointed in how little regard the company seemed to have for Tyson Kidd. From the time he showed up with Harry Smith, Kidd has shown himself to be one of the smoothest, most proficient workers around. He can make any opponent look good, working in whatever style is called for......and watching him recently win matches, which is something he was rarely allowed to do in the past, has shown he can look sharp doing so.

Whether these two guys can work well together will be determined by the situations they're placed in. Last night's scenario could have been a total joke, yet the two of them made it look good. I liked their tactics and overall appearance.

The "Jobbers like the New Day" comment made me laugh, as while they've yet to fall down that path, it's almost inevitable.

Depends how you look at it, I suppose. There are folks who believe a tag team fits well only if they're similar in ring repertoire. Personally, I can enjoy a partnership because of the contrast between them.

If you've got superior ring workers who bring different looks to the match, it can be exciting to watch. Cesaro is Cesaro....we know well what he's capable of and it's seemed he's lacked only a niche; a situation in which he can shine. Maybe this is it.

Meanwhile, I've always been disappointed in how little regard the company seemed to have for Tyson Kidd. From the time he showed up with Harry Smith, Kidd has shown himself to be one of the smoothest, most proficient workers around. He can make any opponent look good, working in whatever style is called for......and watching him recently win matches, which is something he was rarely allowed to do in the past, has shown he can look sharp doing so.

Whether these two guys can work well together will be determined by the situations they're placed in. Last night's scenario could have been a total joke, yet the two of them made it look good. I liked their tactics and overall appearance.

True. They got potential to be tag team champions this year. It's just I'm not sure what direction they're going with New Day.

I believe at TLC, they did beat the former tag team champions, Goldust and Stardust which can be a sign New Day is to be taken seriously.

I'd just hate if they build up Kidd and Cesaro just to lose to New Day.

It's good that they're using these two guys. I think its good for now till they push cesaro heavily as a main eventer. Also kidd as a mid carder deserves a push. But for now its good to see them used. Hopefully more double team moves and good promos

I would be very tempted to align Cesaro and Kidd with the Authority for a while. Get them to do Rollins dirty work rather than J&J. This could also propel them into the tag title scene, as The Authority give them multiple opportunities or stipulations which help them. Cesaro could also shoot a little, saying how he needs HHH to help him reach the brass ring and connect with the audience and this gives him the perfect opportunity. Kidd would also thrive with his cocky attitude despite cheating to win.

Then this is where complete dream fantasy booking comes in. The eventual! face turn of Cesaro. He only joined to get more opportunities, he learnt from HHH and now can reach the top. Feud with Kidd, feud with HHH and feud with Rollins.

The only thing I didn't really like about their run in on Raw was the dancing with Adam Rose part. It would have been better if Rose had attempted to join in with them only to have them kick his ass as well.

But yeah, I like the pairing. If nothing else, it gives two solid guys TV time. Having them align with The Authority might be a good idea as well.

They do show a lot of promise, I would say let them feud with the Usos for the Tag Titles. It would be cool to see them add a third member to there group like maybe Adam Rose, then they might be unstoppable.

So if they're feuding with the New Day, who will the Dust Brothers feud with?

Maybe it will help get the New Day over, although Big E and Kofi's mini feud with Cesaro didn't click. I'm really beginning to like Tyson Kidd and think it's smart to have him in a tag team, as there isn't a whole lot of room in the singles department right now.

I like them together and was hoping Tyson Kidd was going to get his own long singles push, but the two of them make sense. As far as botching the powerbomb/blockbuster, I would say that also falls on Big E. He is, well... "big". I would choose a different finisher, but you can't say LOD didn't almost kill several people with the Doomsday Device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back