• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Celebrating 5 Years Without Stephanie McMahon

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
It's almost the 5 year anniversary of Stephanie being removed as GM of Smackdown. And waht a great 5 years they've been. Yeah she's been on TV a few times over the past couple of years. But not frequently. She's possibly one of the worst performers in the history of WWE, in my eyes anyway. I know people will defend her, but that's because they probably find her attractive. Anybody uses the word ''natural'' and it's a banning.

That voice. She used to make my ears bleed. Horrible voice. She single-handedly made Smackdown awful. Thank God Vince choked that bitch out, in one of the oddest matches I've ever seen. And a big fuck you to Lind for throwing in the towel. If only she'd let him kill her.

Celebrate no Stephanie McMahon on WWE TV in here. And a big thank you to Triple H for keeping her off TV by ejaculating in her.

So you prefer Vickie Guerrero to Stephanie McMahon? You are nuts! You can't diss Stephanie's shrill voice and ignore Vickie's. Nor can you claim Vickie Guerrero has improved Smackdown. Sorry, but, I just don't see how you can rejoice in Stephanie being off of TV, when in her absence, we have gotten Vickie. At least with Stephanie McMahon, she had a very real sense of pretend authority. We all knew who her dad is, so with Stephanie as GM of Smackdown, there was some weight of authority behind it. Even with other GMs, like Eric Bischoff, we knew who they were, we knew what they did in the past, so it was easy to accept in a storyline sense, their authority to make matches, ala Jack Tunney from from the old days. Now, we have a football announcer, a widow, and a former referee who only knows how to say "holla holla holla". Personally, I miss Stephanie McMahon on TV, for reasons completely unrelated to staring at her chest. As a GM, with the public knowledge that Vince McMahon is the owner, she was believable in the position.

The difference between Stephanie & Vickie is that Vickie is supposed to be annoying. You find her voice annoying? Deal with it, she's a heel. She's also a better performer than Stephanie. What exactly did Steph add to the program? She was one of the focal points of the show, yet she didn't do anything. The same can't be said for Vickie. While she's a large part of the show, she's never made to look better than the wrestlers she's with, other than the jobbers of La Familia.

I don't get how Stephanie has pretend authority and Vickie doesn't, just because Vickie isn't a McMahon. All them other GM's mustn't have had any either.

Its not so much the person having more pretend authority, as it is the position having more pretend authority based on who holds it. What I am suggesting is that from a storyline standpoint, it is easier to believe Stephanie or Shane McMahon as a key authority figure in the WWE, because they really are authority figures. With Eric Bischoff, we know that he ran WCW for a long time prior to becoming the GM on RAW, he had "street cred" as a GM, as an authority figure. Paul Heyman, as ECW GM, had street cred, based on his history as the actual owner of the original ECW.

Other performers that acted in an "authority role", whether its a show GM, commissioner, "WWF/E President", or whatever they called it, performers like Vickie Guerrero, Sgt. Slaughter, Armando Estrada, Debra, etc simply don't get the same respect, because they aren't necessarily an appropriate fit for the position.

With Stephanie McMahon, her on-air role as Smackdown GM was more believable because of who she is in real life. Eric Bischoff worked as RAW GM, because of who he is in real life. Paul Heyman was believable as ECW GM, because of who he is in real life. Just because the position is fictional doesn't mean that a wrestler/diva/announcer is right for it. Lou Ferrigno was appropriate as theIncredible Hulk in the old TV show, but he wouldn't have been appropriate as Dr. Banner. Bill Bixby was an appropriate Dr. Banner, but would not have been appropriate as the Incredible Hulk. Both are completely fictional characters, just like a WWE GM, but, also like the WWE GM positions, they can be miscast. Vickie Guerrero is a complete miscast in my opinion. No offense to her, but she only has a job because her husband died. She was never a wrestler, never a diva, never an announcer, wasn't a long time WWE employee, never ran a wrestling promotion, she was simply Eddie Guerrero's widow. Stephanie McMahon however, had been a wrestler, not a very good one, but she did wrestle, she had made numerous appearances on WWF/E television prior, is the owner's daughter, and as such she actually does have real authority in the WWE, making her pretend authority easier to believe, and is someday going to co-own the WWE with her husband and brother. That gives her far more credibility as a storyline GM than Vickie Guerrero. I can certainly understand if she isn't one of your favorite people, but, I cannot celebrate her being gone as GM for five years, when her being gone has led to Vickie Guerrero, who is absolutely horrible.

Vickie Guerrero is a complete miscast in my opinion. No offense to her, but she only has a job because her husband died.

Stephanie only has the job because her father runs the place.

She was never a wrestler,

No, but if a bump is required from her she'll do it. Impressive ones at that.

never a diva,

I never saw Stephanie McMahon in a Diva's In New York DVD. Probably because, like Vickie, she's not able to compete with the other females.

never an announcer,

See Stephanie.

wasn't a long time WWE employee,

No, but she's probably been around the wrestling business longer than Stephanie. Not by much. But Stephanie was a child for a lot of that time.

never ran a wrestling promotion,

I don't know what Stephanie does now. But in 2003 she just wrote for the company.

she was simply Eddie Guerrero's widow.

A wrestler.

Stephanie McMahon however, had been a wrestler, not a very good one, but she did wrestle,

She was in matches. While Vickie hasn't had matches, she's been far more active.

she had made numerous appearances on WWF/E television prior,

Vickie was involved with the Rey Mysterio angle. But neither of them really needed to be on TV. It's just something both of them fell into.

is the owner's daughter,

So she got her job on merit? Not saying Vickie Guerrero did, but neither did Stephanie.

and as such she actually does have real authority in the WWE, making her pretend authority easier to believe,

Not so. Just because HBK has beaten The Undertaker, I doubt he could beat him in a proper fight.

I can certainly understand if she isn't one of your favorite people, but, I cannot celebrate her being gone as GM for five years, when her being gone has led to Vickie Guerrero, who is absolutely horrible.

A GM shouldn't be the focus of the show, the wrestlers should be. They should just be somebody who leads from angle to angle. So out of all of the GM's that WWE has had I'd say Teddy Log has been the best. He was part of the show, but wasn't an important part of it. Stephanie used to be involved in anything. That's not a problem if you help the wrestlers you're involved with. But she didn't. She made them secondary to her.

I thought Stephanie was great in her role as GM. I miss seeing her on WWE TV, sometimes. Jake is right though, her voice is annoying. Probably the only thing I miss about her. To be honest though, as much as I like her. I wouldnt care if she came back full time or not. I think she is best suited for making sporadic appearances like she does now. Decent talent, but not missed too much.

I use to really want to fuck Steph. I had a huge thing for the bitch, I must say. So I never really minded her on-screen role back in the day.

Also, I thought HHH was at his best when she was around. I mean, for one thing, she was the only reason he got so much heat in 2000, and secondly, if there was one thing she knew how to do well, it was work her roles in matches as a heel manager. She knew how to interfere right and get heat for it at the right time, which really added to the match’s quality, in my opinion.

But today, I'm pretty glad she's not around. She's lost her looks and grew extremely stale by the end of her run as GM. If she was as hot as she was in 2002, then I wouldn't care how stale she was to be honest. But she's hideous now and can stay her ass off TV for as long as she wants as far as I'm concerned. Won't bother me at all.

Stephanie is gorgeous - easily the most beautiful woman to evert step foot in the ring. And isn't beauty the thing the WWE look for when hiring females?

Seriously though, she was great. My favourite female in the WWE. Her promos with Jericho and The Rock were always so funny, there was something about them insulting her which was just funny - mostly due to her reactions.

As a GM she was also entertaining, she really gave off the woman of power thing, and she was 100 times better than what Vicky is now.

She was good for the role. Like Vickie, I always thought she was suppose dto be annoying. That thrill voice of hers played two important parts. One, it annoyed people when she was a heel. Her feud with chris Jericho is highlighted by Jericho tearing her apart, and Stephanie whinning in that voice. Two, It made her sound like a daddy's girl. As an enemy of Vince's it made an aroma around her that she was trying to break away from being a "daddy's girl" and become something for herself, IE the GM of Smackdown, or the Owner of ECW. While she was on the same side of Vince's that voice made her seem like she needed her dad. This gave power to Vince. When it was ime to turn Stephanie, it was a shock because she turned on the person it seemed like she needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back