Carnival Stable

KKarvox

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was thinking about this for a couple weeks now, for a stable that either is new or hasn't been done in a while. What i came up with, is a sort of Carnival Stable. I know ICP had a Dark Carnival stable, but it seemed just like more of play on there clown gimmick. I'd Have a certain wrestler become a type of ringleader, and start hypnotizing other wrestlers that fit carnival style positions; acrobat, strong man, pyro, tall man, into the stable, and have them fued with stables like DX . I would make it mostly up and comers to give them a big rub and put them over. The positions i thought of:

Ringleader- Undertaker, CM Punk

Undertaker because he could easily take on a sort of ministry role, and manipulate others in the same way. He would have to turn heel though, because the stable wouldn't much make sense as a face group. It would give Taker a new gimmick without completly reverting to old storylines.

CM Punk- I dunno why, but i could see him in this type of position. He has the look and mic skills for it, and leading a stable would be good for him. I don't think it would work with his straight edge gimmick, though, but he has that manipulative quality to him.

Hypnotist/Magician- Mideon, Gangrel

these are the only people i could think of honestly, with there background with Taker, to there old soothsayer and vampire gimmicks, i think one of them could work this role well, and wouldn't per-say need to wrestle, unless they brought in a more unknown wrestler in the spot.

Strong Man- Mike Knox, Koslov and Jackson

Knox- Has the look, and an already evil gimmick

Koslov and Jackson- Give the stable dominion over ECW, and both fit the bill of "strong-men"

Acrobat- Hard to think of Heel High fliers, Jericho, Carlito

Jericho is the only person i could think of that fits the bill, but i think given his history maybe a lion-tamer gimmick would be more suiting. Carlito might do well in the position, but otherwise, just don't use an acrobat gimmick.

Other possibilities:

Jericho- Lion Tamer
Big Show/Khali- Tall man
Kane- Pyro
Regal/Burchill- Carnival Circuit wrestlers
Dolph Ziggler- Another possible Ringleader or Lion Tamer, based on his looks, if you prefer a young guy.

What are your thoughts or ideas for the stable.

I think this would have been great in the Attitude era. It would have been a cross between the Ministry of Darkness with the Oddities. I actually thought they might have went this route when they brought in Kizarny. However he never received a reaction and was released before the angle took off. If it did though I would have had

Kizarny - Ringleader

Kane - Pyro/tall man - tag with Knox

Mike Knox - Muscle - tag with Kane

Chavo Guerrero - Hypnotist - I could see him with a squirly little mustache, give him some white out contacts

I disagree in that it would have to be a heel team. While granted, I prefer the original evil doink the clown, If WWE did a carnival group, they'd want it to be kid-friendly and ultimately the kids would turn the group face regardless, like they did with doink. You would have Khali, Mark Henry, Hornswaggle, and maybe Golddust and Rey Mysterio (you did say you wanted someone to fill the acrobat role). My biggest issue would be on the ring leader. I disagree with having Punk or UT in the role because I do not feel this would be or should be a main event caliber group but rather comfortable in the mid card. I would likely put Golddust as the ring leader. You could have their main goal be to try to recruit people, the people would refuse and they'd fight. I think the possibilities of them trying to recruit chris jericho for the lion tamer could be some serious golden mic work on both parts.

If WWE did a Carnival stable in today's kid-friendly climate, it would have to be a cartoony and 'funny' group. Which leads me to believe that while it might go down well with the kids, us internet fans would ABSOLUTELY HATE it. The thought of the Undertaker being lumbered with 'comic foils' Chavo or Goldust, while other group members such as Big Daddy V are pushed? *Shudder*.

It doesn't seem the right time for this kind of stable. As someone said before, attitude era, maybe. That said, if Vince was to throw a curveball and create a heel Carnival group, who knows? SOMETHING needs to be done with Knox and Kane. Boy oh boy, Knox's current non-existant gimmick is dull, and while I'm a big fan of Kane, he is desperately in need of an overhaul.

I disagree in that it would have to be a heel team. While granted, I prefer the original evil doink the clown, If WWE did a carnival group, they'd want it to be kid-friendly and ultimately the kids would turn the group face regardless, like they did with doink. You would have Khali, Mark Henry, Hornswaggle, and maybe Golddust and Rey Mysterio (you did say you wanted someone to fill the acrobat role). My biggest issue would be on the ring leader. I disagree with having Punk or UT in the role because I do not feel this would be or should be a main event caliber group but rather comfortable in the mid card. I would likely put Golddust as the ring leader. You could have their main goal be to try to recruit people, the people would refuse and they'd fight. I think the possibilities of them trying to recruit chris jericho for the lion tamer could be some serious golden mic work on both parts.

I get your point, and i agree that that is how it would probably go down, but i prefer having a new ministry type stable, than a comedy group, which is what the face version you described would ultimately become. I don't like face stables really, heel stables are much more interesting, and are more competitive wrestlers in my opinion. I'd have a Main eventer lead it so it would actually give the other guys a good rub, i'd have kane maybe lead the stable though, to give him a new gimmick and finally have him have his own stable, and give the Hypnotist position to someone like kizarny, maybe Vance Archer in FCW. I do like the goal of recruiting people, but that would work way better for heels, since Faces aren't really supposed to be manipulative or controlling. So my actual picks currently would be:

Kane-Ringleader/Pyro/Tall Man
Mike Knox- Strong Man
Vance Archer- Hypnotist
Possibly Charlie Hass in some sort of gimmick to team with Knox.

I like the idea, but putting main eventers for this gimmick would not work unless just teh ringleader holds that position. It would have worked great with Kizarny but he's gone now. I could see it being
Kizarny
Kevin Thorn
Paul Burchill - This might work, but I don't see it. Although he was once a Pirate.

Then some up and comers. You don't want to change anyone already around and make then a "circus freak".

Jericho - Bad idea, he don't need it
Carlito - I just don't see him fitting in.
Undertaker - No way anyone would take that gimmick serious with him.
Mike Knox - He just doesn' seem like the type to make this work.
Big show - No use, makes no sense.
CM Punk - He may be new but has already established himself and doesn't need the gimmick to get over
Dolph Ziggler - I think what he had now is working and doing this would hurt his abilities.
Chavo - To established and he's a Guerrero noone would believe it.

I see gimmicks as believable and you have to have wrestlers that can make that position believable. That is why I feel if they did this, most would have to be new faces.
I think Vince would have done this eventually with Kizarny but now I don't see it happening unless they rehire him. He is the only person that makes since to run a stable like this.

I like this idea, but if it happens, the Undertaker should have no part in it. lolz...idk something about the undertaker being a dark magician as oppose to a dark lord, is kinda silly...but the consept is really kool tho

I like the idea of having this. Just think about it everyone is worried about building up younger stars. Why not have someone like Kane or CM Punk lead this group and have some veteran wrestlers and younger newer wrestlers and have the older ones show them the ropes kind sort of and then give them a push if they can show that they can perform???

This is actually an interesting idea; however, I agree with a lot of the other posts. You simply can NOT make this a "main event" stable and use main event talent. In my opinion, a circus-freak stable seems a little too corny to use the likes of Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, CM Punk, etc. You'd have to make this stable for the mid-card level. It could work, though, if you chose the right superstars. Obviously, the ringleader would have to be a veteran, who recruits the superstars and preaches on the mic. Then, the rest of the stable could consist of a combination of newer talent and superstars whose gimmicks are bland or unsuccessful.

If you tried to use main event talent, the fans just wouldn't buy it and would end up annoyed very quickly. For example, even though Chris Jericho changes from heel to face, heel to face, his gimmick(s) really don't change, rather it's just his attitude and personality that changes. The same goes for CM Punk. He's always been the straight edge superstar, but now he's being condescending. And he's at a level now that there's no need to completely overhaul his gimmick.

So taking a look at the current WWE roster, the following is a rough idea of who I believe could fill these roles and in what capacities:

THE RINGLEADER - Goldust (He's certainly a veteran and 2nd generation superstar. He's strange, freaky, and at times, scary. I think he is a perfect fit.)

THE STRONG MAN/MUSCLE - Ezekiel Jackson (He's big, intimidating, and there's something about him that seems very dark and angry. He's already been a bodyguard for The Brian Kendrick and hasn't established himself with any other gimmick. Even though he works with William Regal right now, we know very little about Big Zeke, and I think this role could be a successful transition for him.)

THE LION TAMER - Festus (This would be hilarious considering Festus can't tame himself, let alone lions and other animals. They've kept Festus with the same gimmick for long enough, and quite frankly, it sucks. It's time to move on. He certainly wouldn't be the most important member of the group, but I think he could fit in well if they transitioned him properly. The creator of this thread talked about a hypnotist or magician; well, they could easily use an angle where Festus was hypnotized...or unhypnotized...and became the lion tamer.)

THE MAGICIAN/HYPNOTIST - Paul Burchill (He's done the pirate act before, and this current gimmick is NOT working. Maybe, it's time to change it up again, and I believe this would be a very believable transition.)

THE WITCH - Katie Lea Burchill (I think having a girl in this group would balance things out a bit. I'm not quite sure what name to use for this member so I just chose "The Witch" by default. Obviously, Katie Lea is the sister to Paul so there is no explanation needed as to why she joins the group, but Katie Lea also has a Gothic look to her so I think it is a perfect transition.)

THE FREAK - Hornswoggle (How can you not include him in the group? Besides, everyone is sick of his antics, and this would give him some sort of purpose now that his awful feud with Chavo Guerrero is over. It could also allow for a more evil and mean-spirited Hornswoggle.)

I absolutely LOVE this idea! I also think the stable would have to be a heel group. & as some have already said: I dont think the stable should be lead by a "top guy".

A couple of you have already brought up the fact that Kizarny should be brought back to lead the stable. I cant remember how good his mic skills were tho. Either way...hes obviously perfect for the gimmick. If hes not too good with the mic, I have another idea for a mouthpiece of the group: James Mitchell. (what ever happend to the male "managers" of this industry anyway?) This may be a good idea even if Kizarny is just OK on the mic.

The rest of the group:

Strongman: Mike Knox- he has the look & he would probably be the person getting the most out of this stable, in the long run.
Pyro/Tall Man: Vance Archer(Hoyt/Rock)- He also has a great look for this type of stable. He can be teamed with Kizarny as a new tag-team. Or could be teamed with this next man.
Contortionist/Acrobat: Kaval- This guy has too much talent to be wasting away in FCW. I think this is perfect for him. Like I said: he could be tag-teamed with Archer.
Fortune Teller/Hypnotist: Although I do think Layla could probably pull this off...I think it needs to be a female we havent seen on WWE-TV yet. I wish I knew more about the ladies down in FCW, cuz all I can go off of is- look & name alone. So Im going to go with: Liviana. She has that "dark" look to her. I have no clue how good she can wrestle or if she can speak well or not. But she would be there just more for eye candy at the conception. If she needs to work on her mic and/or in-ring skills...she can do it on the fly in this group.
Midget/Little Person: Maybe this could be a job for a "hypnotized" Hornswoggle? Or maybe a real "rival" for him. OR- maybe we just skip the midget all-together. Just thinking outloud here.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of James Mitchell as the mouthpiece. So if Kizarny cant be brought back(which is obviously possible) Then I would like to see Mitchell in there. At differnt times during Smackdown- we see Mitchell and Liviana "recruiting" but never really hear anything that is being said. We just see it happening in the "background". After a couple weeks, the group starts to take from. At that point he would be leading: Knox as the "potential main-eventer". Archer & Kaval as a tag-team & possibly Liviana in the womens division. If another guy is needed as a "mid-card" guy, then what about someone like Curt Hawkins? Maybe as some kinda voo-doo guy of sorts. & then theres always the midget idea too.

Thats what I got for ya!! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back