Canada Changed It All

Meaning Canadian Wrestling Fans. Did they really change the definition of a Heel and what their supposed to be? And did they change the landscape of Pro Wrestling forever? I remember back at Wrestlemania 18 where the crowd was so jacked "more so then ANY U.S. crowd" That crowd MADE I repeat MADE the Hogan/Rock Match. Im sorry if you disagree but without that crowd that was just another average match, not bad but not great either. IYH Canadian Stampede back in 1997 had a killer Main Event which featured Austin/Goldust/Shamrock and LOD vs The Hart Foundation of Bret/Owen/Anvil/Bulldog and Pillman. What a fucking match! I defy anyone to say this match was anything short of GREAT! The Fans loathed the Babyface squad in favor of their Canadian Brothers, ending with Owen Hart defeating Steve Austin and a crazy melee ensued which saw Austin attack Hart Family member that were ringside,even Stu. Austin eventually got handcuffed and taken away were he did the infamous middle fingers with the cuffs on. The Canada/US feud would consume a fire around the whole year of 1997, it was a great time to be a Wrestling Fan. Then back at Summerslam 2004 you had Canada's own Chris Benoit drop the World Title to Randy Orton, the crowd seemed 60/40 in favor of ORTON :wtf: and popped big when Orton won. A crowd that once loathed Steve Austin embraced him when The Rattlesnake made a long awaited return at NWO 2003, what a huge pop! To see Austin destroy the man who fired him from WCW Eric Bishoff. I suppose another point im trying to make is do you think Canadian Wrestling fans changed what a Heel is in Wrestling? It was revolutionary in 1997 where 1 week SCSA or HBK would get huge face heat in a American city on Raw then 1 week later be despised in Canada on a Raw as a dastardly Heel. Their audience tends to be topsy turvy but also more electric then the best American Wrestling cities. So what do you think of Canadian Fans and how they may have revolutionized Pro Wrestling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back